BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is an interesting aspect to all this - take away John Williams - who was only an employee of the club - how much contact did the supporters have with the Jack Walker Trust members ?

Zero.

Fans arent interested in hearing from Venky's either- they just want them to put people in place with actual authority and competence.

It is an interesting aspect to all this - take away John Williams - who was only an employee of the club - how much contact did the supporters have with the Jack Walker Trust members ?

Actions speak louder than words.

That's the problem though isn't it. In the employing people like John Williams and Tom Finn we had real quality at the top of the club who had a remit to run it. Now we have people who have to refer to India everytime they want to make a decision. Nobody wanted to talk to members of the Trust because they employed people who ran the club properly. Venky's have opted to more or less run it themselves which is why it is in a mess.

But also, it is very easy for those that don't go to games and/or live miles away stating how you are now 'propping up Venky FC, 'you must boycott' and so on.

I wouldn't say that at all. I live in Dublin and in my 20 years supporting Rovers I've dreamed about having a season ticket and being able to watch the team at Ewood every other week.

Those dreams stopped when it became apparent that Venky's did not have the best interests of the club and the local community at heart.

If Blackburn Rovers F.C 1875-2009 is what you loved and want to see return in whatever diminished form, you should not do anything that legitimises Venky's Blackburn Rovers - however hard you find it.

I can guarantee that I would feel and say the same thing regardless of whether I lived in Dublin, Dubai or Darwen.

I wouldn't say that at all. I live in Dublin and in my 20 years supporting Rovers I've dreamed about having a season ticket and being able to watch the team at Ewood every other week.

Those dreams stopped when it became apparent that Venky's did not have the best interests of the club and the local community at heart.

If Blackburn Rovers F.C 1875-2009 is what you loved and want to see return in whatever diminished form, you should not do anything that legitimises Venky's Blackburn Rovers - however hard you find it.

I can guarantee that I would feel and say the same thing regardless of whether I lived in Dublin, Dubai or Darwen.

And I am certainly not knocking anybodys choice, however by the same token if a local wants to carry on going to Ewood then they shouldn't receive grief on an Internet message board.

The boycott has started and will reach critical levels next season, an empty ground will sadden me greatly, but we all know who's fault it will be.

I think I just want it to be so obvious that fans have stopped going - in spite of the cheap tickets - that there will be at least one member of the press who will feel compelled to properly report on everything that has gone on. Hell, maybe even expose something to rid us of the incumbents...

...but they wouldn't even dip their quills.

'Empty seats at Blackburn? what else is new?' says the Editor.

'anyway, moving on, I see Laurent Blanc has drawn two games in a row with Chelsea, we've got the fractured badge and 'Chelsea in Crisis' header ready, go and write about that- double page spread'.

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

For instance, it also depends on whether you agree that Venkys have systematically destroyed everything that was Blackburn Rovers. A lot of people will be heading straight back to Ewood ticket office as soon as they are gone. Even if it means helping to pick up the pieces.

Not sure who is right and who is wrong because it's a very personal and emotive thing. However, you can't suggest that those who do not renew their season tickets do not love Blackburn Rovers.

Firstly, thanks for the thinly veiled attack at my lifestyle. Suggesting that my life must be pretty shocking to still "look forward" to watching Rovers is nonsense. I was one of the few who really enjoyed Big Sam's time at Ewood, yet most of the fans sat around me seemed to think his football was an (and I quote) "abomination and disrespected the nature of the club" - My life is what I make of it, and I still get a lot from Ewood with my family and friends.

Why I bring this up, you may ask.. It is merely an example of how many fans will moan and threaten to walk away at whoever is in charge. I am not defending SK for one second. He is a rat, and he will be the last to jump ship. What I am saying; I would be still buying a season ticket for Rovers if Peppa Pig had the reins. Nobody will stop that luxury whilst I can afford it. Hence why the club is mine. All boycotting does is jeopordise the club even further.

I guess I am one of the few who realise that Blackburn Rovers days of being one of the top 20 clubs in England, was always bound to end. We are not even in the top 60 of populated settlements...

If anyone wishes to suprise themselves, read this; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_United_Kingdom_settlements_by_population

Is actually helping to maintain this...

View PostTheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB, on 27 March 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

Awful Manager

Dis-interested owners

Under-qualified staff

Dwindling Attendances

Threat of relegation

If you think actively making my way to the ground and shouting for the team is adding to the cacophony of ###### which is Venkys - Then you need to have a think about what the definition of supporting a football club is.

I guess I am one of the few who realise that Blackburn Rovers days of being one of the top 20 clubs in England, was always bound to end. We are not even in the top 60 of populated settlements...

I can only suggest that you are completely misunderstanding the feelings of many Rovers fans. I've seen bad managers and I've seen very poor rovers teams - and all through that I've been nothing but supportive of the club in every way. I've never seen anything like the current situation and if you suggest my feelings are simply down to expectations being too high, you're way, way off the mark.

Everyone knows that for a small town club we were one bad appointment/decision away from disaster, that's why they are so fecked off that it has all been risked. For what? So Keano can continue 'learning his trade' at the club's expense?

I can understand why so many of you feel burnt and forgotten in terms of the lies we have been fed. I feel sick that the minimum guidelines of the trusts contract of sale wasn't met. But still.... Did you really believe the story's?

I never did. Ever since we first came up for sale, the cloud of uncertainty has been well and truly planted above Ewood. It could have been a lot different.

Forget what the press, pundits, ex-pro's, owners, other managers say. My decision to renew is based on one thing. The butterflies I still get at 2:59 on a match Day. Its a perfectly sound opinion that if people choose to not renew- it has to be based on their over-expectations.

What did you expect from Venkys? They may have screwed our club up beyond repair, but they certainly haven't hit any of you in the pocket yet. My advice would be to renew before the new prices come out (...mind you this will give a lot of you more of an reason moan)

And another point.. When life is ###### do you throw your toys out of the Pram? Most of you don't, you deal with it. Thats life...

Why would you want to give up your voice in the club when the history and it's position in English football folklore is at stake? I cannot fathom..

Why would you want to give up your voice in the club when the history and it's position in English football folklore is at stake? I cannot fathom..

*scratches head*

What?

The club's proud history (before Venky's wheeled into town) is going nowhere, regardless of what becomes to the club. I don't understand what you're getting at here. If the club went under tomorrow, it wouldn't take away what has come before. It's the future the fans are concerned about, and they don't want to give their vote to a regime who are single-handedly dismantling their beloved past-time.

• Backroom

Its a perfectly sound opinion that if people choose to not renew- it has to be based on their over-expectations.

It's a simple opinion but it isn't really sound. It throws aside a multitude of other potential reasons not to renew. Over-expectation is going to be very low on the list.

I imagine many of the newspaper columnists who spitefully write how we don't deserve to be in the premier league would love to quote some of your posts in this thread, though.

*scratches head*

What?

The club's proud history (before Venky's wheeled into town) is going nowhere, regardless of what becomes to the club. I don't understand what you're getting at here. If the club went under tomorrow, it wouldn't take away what has come before. It's the future the fans are concerned about, and they don't want to give their vote to a regime who are single-handedly dismantling their beloved past-time.

Your not voting for a regime. You are buying a ticket to watch a football team. My concern for the future of the football club is as real as anyone else - hence my speed to renew. Boycotting your seat is adding to the dismantling of the club.

It's a simple opinion but it isn't really sound. It throws aside a multitude of other potential reasons not to renew. Over-expectation is going to be very low on the list.

I imagine many of the newspaper columnists who spitefully write how we don't deserve to be in the premier league would love to quote some of your posts in this thread, though.

1. Expectation of the owners to put their own cash into a business haemorrhaging money every day.

2. Expectation of the club to invest in players without selling/releasing

3. Expectation of the continuance of an un-sustainable market position.

In my opinion these are three of the main reasons why most Rovers fans constantly moan. This isn't a new trend either. I feel as alienated as anyone, mainly because of the constant lies but I guess the difference is I always knew they where unrealistic promises so I never took them on

The real reasons to boycott came out last season, the sacking of an experienced manager and the sale of the best young player our ranks have seen in decades. Hence the lies in the first place (to keep the moaners potentially interested in renewing). Its common business practice.

All of this still hinges on the fact that I despise the owners and manager, yet I still love the club and its place in my life. I don't expect many people to have this blood-lust for BRFC. This makes me believe that non-renewal just adds to the mounting problems.

And please, in future - don't ever refer to the interests about newspaper columnists/pundits etc - I have no time for the agenda driven tripe that they write.

Your not voting for a regime. You are buying a ticket to watch a football team. My concern for the future of the football club is as real as anyone else - hence my speed to renew. Boycotting your seat is adding to the dismantling of the club.

1. Expectation of the owners to put their own cash into a business haemorrhaging money every day.

2. Expectation of the club to invest in players without selling/releasing

3. Expectation of the continuance of an un-sustainable market position.

In my opinion these are three of the main reasons why most Rovers fans constantly moan. This isn't a new trend either. I feel as alienated as anyone, mainly because of the constant lies but I guess the difference is I always knew they where unrealistic promises so I never took them on

The real reasons to boycott came out last season, the sacking of an experienced manager and the sale of the best young player our ranks have seen in decades. Hence the lies in the first place (to keep the moaners potentially interested in renewing). Its common business practice.

All of this still hinges on the fact that I despise the owners and manager, yet I still love the club and its place in my life. I don't expect many people to have this blood-lust for BRFC. This makes me believe that non-renewal just adds to the mounting problems.

And please, in future - don't ever refer to the interests about newspaper columnists/pundits etc - I have no time for the agenda driven tripe that they write.

Personally i never believed a word of Venkys overhype. I don't have unrealistic expectations. I've never shouted who I thought the club should sign. I don't even remember the heady days of Shearer and co as i was up to my elbows in dirty nappies and feeding a family on not enough cash and all those other things. I know we should probably be Championship at best, but none of that takes anything away from what kean and Venkys, in cahoots with he who shall not be mentioned, have done to my club. I still haven't decided whether to renew or not - as i said previously I can see loads of reasons not to and yet somewhere in me is a stubborn streak that refuses to be driven away from Rovers and I may yet renew , though it will be last minute if i do. I hate being told lies and even more i hate being patronised, by the owners and by other Rovers fans who can only see one way - their way. This is surely a decision we all have to think about carefully, weigh up the pros and cons and make our own minds up, and nobody, absolutley nobody, should have a go at us about it, whichever way we diecide.

This is surely a decision we all have to think about carefully, weigh up the pros and cons and make our own minds up, and nobody, absolutley nobody, should have a go at us about it, whichever way we diecide.

Absolutely Gummers.

Firstly, thanks for the thinly veiled attack at my lifestyle. Suggesting that my life must be pretty shocking to still "look forward" to watching Rovers is nonsense. I was one of the few who really enjoyed Big Sam's time at Ewood, yet most of the fans sat around me seemed to think his football was an (and I quote) "abomination and disrespected the nature of the club" - My life is what I make of it, and I still get a lot from Ewood with my family and friends.

Obviously hit a massive nerve there so I'll avoid responding except to say I apologise if my comments offended you. An attack it was not.

If anyone wishes to suprise themselves, read this; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_United_Kingdom_settlements_by_population

Perhaps but it did not have to end like this. Certainly not with the fan base being manipulated and divided by the those charged with looking after it's future.

I'd argue that the vast majority of Rovers fans are descendants of descendants of Rovers fans, whatever the population of Blackburn might be. So I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make there.

If you think actively making my way to the ground and shouting for the team is adding to the cacophony of ###### which is Venkys - Then you need to have a think about what the definition of supporting a football club is.

The definition or Your definition?

I stand by my comments. If people are joyfully handing over their cash to Venky's at this time then they are helping to keep Venkys at the club. It might seem small compared to what they get from Sky but with the way they are running the club, pretty soon gate receipts will be a much bigger percentage of their income.

By the way, you've probably made the assumption I'm not renewing when actually I'm completely torn on the matter. I've always said that as long as I can afford to get a season ticket I will do, so the fact that I might also be contributing in the same way as you upsets me greatly.

However, I will not ever question the loyalty to their club from the likes of Gordon, GAV, Jim and others who have forgotten more Rovers games than I remember. I would urge a little restraint when suggesting people like the them need to be educated in how to "support a football team".

This isn't any old football club, this is my club, this is Blackburn Rovers, the most successful town club in the country

...or at least it used to be. Think about that for a moment.

The Artist, I absolutely understand where you are coming from and applaud your stand point, plus I would not criticise any fellow supporters decision on such a subject as season ticket renewel.

I note that you "despise the owners and manager".

Might you comment on what actions you consider may be left for any supporter who feels similar to you and would like to see an end of the aforementioned (primarily the owners in my view, as one would lead to the other) involvement with their football club?

As far as I can see it, the options are limited to:

- you hope for a complete turn around in how the owners run the club.

- you hope that a white knight comes along and persuades the owners to sell.

- or, the finances gets to a point whereby the main creditors (Barclays) decide administration is applicable and through the courts new owners are found.

Whilst the above unravel the season ticket holder is becoming more and more disenfranchised with BRFC.

Well I've renewed online for me and my septagenarian parents. My mother never went to a football match in her life until she was 58, and has had a season ticket now for 5 years. She's recently had an operation and has missed all matches since end of Jan, and not going to Ewood has been more painful for her than the op & recooperation.

I won't criticise anyone for not renewing. Please refrain from doing the same to us.

At least if some predictions on renewals are correct it might make guess the crowd a bit easier.

What did you expect from Venkys? They may have screwed our club up beyond repair, but they certainly haven't hit any of you in the pocket yet.

I cant believe that ridiculous comment,as a long time supporter I would NEVER put personal gain ahead of the well being of this club.

Cheap tickets will NOT 'buy' the fans back nor put right the immense damage they have done to this proud club.! <_<

Oh well, I decided.

Im renewing.

I think.

You have another whole month. why not take your time and see what happens? don't give in too easily to that dsire to watch Rovers. You might find the urge to renew irresistible, but fight it for a bit longer.

Archived