BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

• Backroom

You forget:

Myles "Chris Smalling" Anderson

Bruno "Dennis Irwin" Ribeiro

David "Scottish Wayne Rooney" Supercock

Junior will sign next week, next month, soon etc etc

He couldn't lie straight in bed

Oh believe me, I remember... but if I took to listing the amount of utter crap he's come out with I'd be typing the entire evening!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im missing two options in the poll.

Sack, but only if we get new owners.

Keep, but only if venkys are still owners.

Kean got the players behind him. If hes sacked and venkys still are owners, imagine who they will hire for the job.

i dont think many experienced managers will be willing to work under venky conditions. and if they hire a new no name i think alot more of our players will consider their future.

Yep, totally agree with this.

If that is your view why didn't you vote to keep whatever happens?

You got your wish for a poll reset and the total for sacking at the moment is still nearly 90%

So the vast majority still want him out, why don't you finally come clean Agnew

Correction: The vast majority on here.

I'll be honest, away from here and the Telegraph website I don't hear very many supporters referring to him as Coco, a liar, someone who tries to slander the fans a nasty piece of work etc. I think some people have created an us and them mentality and websites like this simply attract rumour mongers and myth believers who think that the general consensus simply matches their opinion. I was prepared to wait for facts and evidence off the usual suspects etc. but surprise surprise - nothing turned up.

Away from here I am also unaware of Rovers fans who seem gutted and bitter after we win matches because all they can think of is Steve Kean, not BRFC... which to me will always be a strange way of "supporting" a club they claim to love. People on here are genuinely riddled with hatred and bitterness and in my eyes they behave/speak like some cheated upon munter from Jeremy Kyle.

unbelievable, we get two wins against two very poor sides (wolves are just awful and one of the worst in premiership history and sunderland didnt look up for the fight) and people think kean is a genious, what a surprise the keanites coming out of the woodwork, they always do when we 'hit a bit of form', not that it happens very often, once a season in my opinion, my vote is still sack no matter what because even though the players are playing for each other and lets be honest, it happened at the end of last season when they came to the realisation that we may get relegated which would mean a pay descrease, the manager for me should take no credit as he has proven over the course of two seasons that he is an incompetent buffoon, kean got us into this mess in the firs place and we are not out of it yet, we lose at bolton on saturday then we still very much in deep doo doo, next season wont be any different, no money to spend, better players leaving and this clown still in charge!!!

unbelievable, we get two wins against two very poor sides (wolves are just awful and one of the worst in premiership history and sunderland didnt look up for the fight) and people think kean is a genious, what a surprise the keanites coming out of the woodwork, they always do when we 'hit a bit of form', not that it happens very often, once a season in my opinion, my vote is still sack no matter what because even though the players are playing for each other and lets be honest, it happened at the end of last season when they came to the realisation that we may get relegated which would mean a pay descrease, the manager for me should take no credit as he has proven over the course of two seasons that he is an incompetent buffoon, kean got us into this mess in the firs place and we are not out of it yet, we lose at bolton on saturday then we still very much in deep doo doo, next season wont be any different, no money to spend, better players leaving and this clown still in charge!!!

Who has said that Kean is a genius??

Keanites? Where??

We've won two games in a row and credit is due for that. It doesn't excuse the past 18 months which have been a shambles. Kean is a small problem in the grand scheme of things. Get Venkys out and then the manager can follow.

Who has said that Kean is a genius??

Keanites? Where??

We've won two games in a row and credit is due for that. It doesn't excuse the past 18 months which have been a shambles. Kean is a small problem in the grand scheme of things. Get Venkys out and then the manager can follow.

+1, irony clearly lost on the original poster.

the troll patrol

I can't explain it any more simple ways. I've been saying the same thing all season whilst I've been on the board. I'm still saying the same things but do you expect me not to mention the evidence to back my views up?

It's pointless replying to you, you're clearly not understanding.

it seems you cant even grasp, that you´ve written kean is turning it around and what not, so with those words, those exact words you are judging him on a few good results. So its actually you, who dont understand yourself and what you are writing :D

you cant even troll properly, you are a persistent troll, but not a talented one.

You're confusing Hughes with Souness but then your thought processes do seem somewhat confused at the best of times which coming from an "intellectual" is surprising. Rovers have won 2 in a row for the first time in 18 months so well done to the players and the manager. Looking forward to your Kean love-in after the next win this weekend.

Goodness gracious me! It appears that the intellectual doesn't know the difference between "libel" and "slander".

What do they teach them these days Jim?

To the "Keanites" (nice term)

- Its not Kean that has resulted in the recent upturn in form. Its a combination of Eric Black, youngsters finding their feet, and woeful opposition. The same as you can't say he's turned a corner after a few reasonable games (and I note we were sh1te against Man C and in the 1st half against Villa - how long ago was that ?)... look at the entirity of the past 18 months !

And In fairness, To the "Keanouts" (of which I am one)

- I am suspicious as to whether we can attribute the dreadful signings that everyone keeps listing (i.e. Petrovic, Goodwillie, Ribeiro, Andreson) to Kean himself. I strongly suspect that he had little choice in that and that someone else is pulling the strings and making those deals. In the same way, if the rumours as to a weekly 'wage cap' is true and Simon has a large appearance per match fee, that would explain why he can't ever play Simon. Again, not his fault if true.

To the "Keanites" (nice term)

- Its not Kean that has resulted in the recent upturn in form. Its a combination of Eric Black, youngsters finding their feet, and woeful opposition. The same as you can't say he's turned a corner after a few reasonable games (and I note we were sh1te against Man C and in the 1st half against Villa - how long ago was that ?)... look at the entirity of the past 18 months !

And In fairness, To the "Keanouts" (of which I am one)

- I am suspicious as to whether we can attribute the dreadful signings that everyone keeps listing (i.e. Petrovic, Goodwillie, Ribeiro, Andreson) to Kean himself. I strongly suspect that he had little choice in that and that someone else is pulling the strings and making those deals. In the same way, if the rumours as to a weekly 'wage cap' is true and Simon has a large appearance per match fee, that would explain why he can't ever play Simon. Again, not his fault if true.

The point is that I havent read one comment stating that Kean is wholly responsible for our upturn in form or one poster who could be described as 'pro Kean'. I, like many people, have given credit to the players and the management as a whole for the last couple of results but that is it. Who are these Keanites??

Separated results we've had under Kean into 4 groups: before assistant manager, with Jensen, with Clement and with Black. Results are below:

Before Assistant Manager

W = 2

D = 1

L = 2

Total = 5

Win Percentage = 40%

Points Percentage = 47%

Jensen

W = 4

D = 7

L = 11

Total = 22

Win Percentage = 18%

Points Percentage = 29%

Clement

W = 2

D = 4

L = 8

Total = 14

Win Percentage = 14%

Points Percentage = 24%

Black

W = 4

D = 2

L = 3

Total = 9

Win Percentage = 44%

Points Percentage = 51%

Surprisingly we did worse when Clement was here than when Jensen was here. I was under the impression that we had improved considerably in terms of performance with Clement appointed, but I think we lost a lot of games by a single goal when he was here (despite being arguably the better team throughout the game).

I haven't counted cup matches.

Correction: The vast majority on here.

I'll be honest, away from here and the Telegraph website I don't hear very many supporters referring to him as Coco, a liar, someone who tries to slander the fans a nasty piece of work etc. I think some people have created an us and them mentality and websites like this simply attract rumour mongers and myth believers who think that the general consensus simply matches their opinion. I was prepared to wait for facts and evidence off the usual suspects etc. but surprise surprise - nothing turned up.

Away from here I am also unaware of Rovers fans who seem gutted and bitter after we win matches because all they can think of is Steve Kean, not BRFC... which to me will always be a strange way of "supporting" a club they claim to love. People on here are genuinely riddled with hatred and bitterness and in my eyes they behave/speak like some cheated upon munter from Jeremy Kyle.

+1

Pedro has a point.

At the games most fans ignore him and just concentrate on supporting the players.

He is still a disliked figure without doubt, can't see his name being chanted anytime soon. Mention his name and my experience folk usually rant, laugh or roll their eyes.

Archived