BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum Minutes

quite right too glen. glen what dates are those meetings I would be interested to come along and see what they are all about will they be held close to any game I might attend always love a good cuppa and buscuits any chance it will be lancashire tea?. Btw I saw you at the sportsman dinner you introduced me to Wayne Wild name is Savio.

quite right too glen. glen what dates are those meetings I would be interested to come along and see what they are all about will they be held close to any game I might attend always love a good cuppa and buscuits any chance it will be lancashire tea?. Btw I saw you at the sportsman dinner you introduced me to Wayne Wild name is Savio.

Hi Savio, it was great to put a name to a face, sorry I couldnt talk a little longer, had a few beers by then :wub: the open floor meeting is on the 15th April, Venue TBC over the weekend,

Hoping to have news about spirit of shankly, sports minister and FA meetings by then

I have read your post three times now Glen and the only statement that is in the minutes that you appear to disagree with is that the club say that they informed you about the desire to keep banners out of the Darwen End and you say they didn't.

"JN firstly stated that he could confirm through CCTV evidence that no children were searched and searches were only undertaken by males on males and females on females. He stated that he understood that he had an agreement with the protest group that no banners would be taken into the ground. This was because the raising of banners may well antagonise other supporters and a confrontation could well ensue. Despite this agreement two banners had been unfurled towards the end of the QPR game. As a consequence the protest group had been told in advance that fans would be searched in the Darwen End."

As far as I am aware the protest group is not a members club. No supporter is obliged to take any notice of what Glenn Mullen says or doesn't say. He certainly doesn't speak for everybody so whether in time honoured tradition supporters choose to take a banner to the game is no decision of his. So why have banners been benned? More petinently why have they been banned when there isn't even a protest?

"JN stated that he had had regular contact with the protest group to make arrangements for the protest marches to ensure the safety of both the protesters and of all fans attending games. There had been regular liaison with both police and stewards to facilitate the marches."

'the protestors and all fans'?? So by definition protestors are not deemed fans now? :angry2: The only 'non fans' that I know are the No1 None fan himself John Newsome and als o assorted influential personnel that appear attracted to the club like the proverbial flies around ###### these past 18 months.

Fans Forum members are now taking cheap shots at BRAG and Glen. They really have split the support have they not.

After reading those minutes the unelected FF (The only official fans group) just accept everything that is said. That is not what I expect of the ones that I have met. They are decent people but those minutes are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and achieve nothing for the worried fans.

which FF members Al, and where? Not sure how the FF can be 'credited' with splitting the support - I thought that Mr Kean/Venkys have done that?!?! Never heard you complaining about the FF being unelected for the 12 years prior to Venkys, and how do you know that we "just accept everything that is said" - oh, thats right, you dont.

which FF members Al, and where? Not sure how the FF can be 'credited' with splitting the support - I thought that Mr Kean/Venkys have done that?!?! Never heard you complaining about the FF being unelected for the 12 years prior to Venkys, and how do you know that we "just accept everything that is said" - oh, thats right, you dont.

Sorry if I did not make myself clear. I meant the club had split the support not the FF and I was referring to the cheap shot about making money out of yellow and black T shirts.

I read the minutes and there is nothing in there evidencing any argument with what you were told by the club representatives. If it is not in the minutes I am entitled to believe it was not there and that you just accepted everything that was said. Oh that's right, I do.

I have also not forgotten the crap you spouted at the time of the Pune trip and you certainly do not represent me at meetings.

Sorry if I did not make myself clear. I meant the club had split the support not the FF and I was referring to the cheap shot about making money out of yellow and black T shirts.

I read the minutes and there is nothing in there evidencing any argument with what you were told by the club representatives. If it is not in the minutes I am entitled to believe it was not there and that you just accepted everything that was said. Oh that's right, I do.

I have also not forgotten the crap you spouted at the time of the Pune trip and you certainly do not represent me at meetings.

The "cheap" shot you comment on was not made by a Forum member. I also don't see evidence of Forum members "having a go" at BRAG - I was responding to Glen's long post about what was reported in the minutes. Finally what you are reading are minutes of the meeting, not a transcript of everything that was said.

The "cheap" shot you comment on was not made by a Forum member. I also don't see evidence of Forum members "having a go" at BRAG - I was responding to Glen's long post about what was reported in the minutes. Finally what you are reading are minutes of the meeting, not a transcript of everything that was said.

My mistake. I thought that Ricky was an FF member but your reply to Glen did appear to me to be 'having a go'. Regardless of Ricky's membership of FF my comment that the supporters have been split is still relevant and if the minutes do not reflect what was said they are not an accurate record of the meeting and are therefore useless if not misleading.

My comment regarding the T shirts was in response to something I'd read on Facebook about Glen supposedly boasting about how much he'd made off them.

He's saying that's not the case and I take him on face value at that.

My comment regarding the T shirts was in response to something I'd read on Facebook about Glen supposedly boasting about how much he'd made off them.

I really don't know we're people think this stuff up, just to reiterate I have no dealings with t-shirts, or any other action group merchandise , we have a committee member who deals with all that stuff, a treasurer who keeps accounts, and all merchandise is non profit, and always has been.

We also constantly put in our minutes what donations and payments have been made, through the action group football team, and bonus ball. All cost re printing, websites etc come out of our own pockets and we never take one penny from any money for ourselves , hope that puts another of the long list of stupid rumours to bed

I'll bet you wouldn't believe anything negative about the Fans Forum you read on Facebook though?

Seriously, you let yourself down with that first post.

So you have a go at Glen for benefitting from the protest based on a false rumour on Facebook...

What are your views on the FF (Pune 9) going on an all expenses paid holiday to India? Equivalent cost c.£1k+ each?

"JN firstly stated that he could confirm through CCTV evidence that no children were searched ..." - Try pointing the camera's at the turnstiles then John. My son was searched and l saw another kid of about 9 or 10 being searched. Blatant lies from the club AGAIN - l don't know why l'm surprised anymore.

"JN firstly stated that he could confirm through CCTV evidence that no children were searched ..." - Try pointing the camera's at the turnstiles then John. My son was searched and l saw another kid of about 9 or 10 being searched. Blatant lies from the club AGAIN - l don't know why l'm surprised anymore.

and i suppose the evidence from the unfocussed cctv will also show that no old age pensioners (with an obvious disability) were searched either!

Bang a Subject Access Request in for the CCTV......

So you have a go at Glen for benefitting from the protest based on a false rumour on Facebook...

What are your views on the FF (Pune 9) going on an all expenses paid holiday to India? Equivalent cost c.£1k+ each?

I think they were stitched up an absolute treat. I also think they all hoped they'd actually be able to make a difference and improve communications but ended up just being used by our absent owners.

Just to add, never been on the FF, never asked to be on the FF, and would never consider it under our current ownership as it really doesn't seem to serve a purpose at present. If the owners listed to the FF that would obviously make the group extremely valuable as a link between the owners and the fans.

FAO: the FF

It seems like the club are only willing to use the Fans' Forum to communicate with the fans. So please could you raise these important questions and get them to give answers that will be on-the-record and in the minutes:

- Why have the club not released a statement commenting on the leaked Directors' letter? This raises major concerns to supporters who have not been told if the issues have been addressed.

- Are there weekly/monthly budget constraints which affect Steve Kean's team selections?

- Are BRFCs agents fees expected to be in the top 8 in the league again (on-par with those paid by Manchester United in 2010/11) in the year 2011/12?

- Who has taken on Simon Williams' duties?

- The owners are investing in setting up an Indian Academy etc. Will there be investment in the playing squad in summer? I don't know how they expect people to put their own money in for STs without some assurance that the owners are committed to putting theirs into the club.

- Why was Ryan Nelsen claimed to be 'unfit' and subsequently sold, only to be playing fairly regularly with Spurs. Especially given the loss of Samba.

- Why do the club claim that Salgado is unfit, despite him training each day with the reserves and himself claiming to be fit?

- Will there be any more flavours of pie available next season?

If the FF ask questions such as this then it will increase the chances of all groups being able to come together and work as one, rather than the in-fighting at present.

If they are not allowed to ask such questions, then there is every reason why the Action group and others need to carry on attempting to get access to the club separately.

Archived