BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

Whats the problem with some of the rovers so called fans attitude to Pedersen if he makes a mistake there are crys of outrage from some fans yet other players seem immune

from this sort of abuse.Half the team could have been up for abuse at the Bolton game but no at the end there they are the Pedersen abusers at it again but guess who provided the chance for Nzonzi to score the same Morten Gamst Pedersen who provides most of the set piece for the team get off his back and support all the players.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Have to admit I'm surprised to hear how Pedersen is treated at the matches - people giving him V's, screaming abuse at him, etc. It sounds pretty pathetic. I don't think Pedersen is a fantastic player and I imagine he's often infuriating to watch but there's no excuse for abuse like that. If the bloke was an arse then I'd kind of understand it... but he's a genuinely good fella.

• Moderation Lead

Thing is, when he's not assisting, I don't think his all-round contribution is all that great. Too much of a passenger IMO.

So very frustrating to watch for the most part.

Rovers fans have allways had to have a scapegoat. Its allways been the same down the years.

You could make a list of players who have had abuse hurled at them.

They even had a go at Tugay for a period of time, with his invisible friend.

Underrated, he puts in decent shifts week in week out and has been one of our steadiest performers this season. I'm far from his biggest fan, and I think it's a weakness that he's a starter in the Premier League - but he's a definite starter choosing from our current squad for me.

Maybe the morons giving Pedersen abuse are just morons eh ?

It seems to me that there is a little element of the Rovers support that are simply just a bunch of cretins thats all. I have had my run ins with them before, Bolton last year as well as at other grounds and believe me not one have a brain to think amongst themselves.

I'm far from his biggest admirer but I'd never abuse him or any other Rovers player whilst they're out there on the pitch. What's the point, they're not likely to play any better for my ranting. However on this site I think I should be able to speak my mind, If not what's the point of the site. By the way he's a passenger in my opinion.

• Backroom

Maybe the morons giving Pedersen abuse are just morons eh ?

It seems to me that there is a little element of the Rovers support that are simply just a bunch of cretins thats all. I have had my run ins with them before, Bolton last year as well as at other grounds and believe me not one have a brain to think amongst themselves.

Absolutely spot on, at times I've been embarassed by some of our fans but every club have them, Pedersen however does take more than his share of abuse.

to be fair we are all so disenchanted with the whole thing that somebody is going to cop it somewhere along the line and fans tend to go for established players rather than the kids , understandably.

My problem with MGP is what position are we now trying to turn him into? Because of the total and utter lack of legs in midfield(particularly Petrovic and Dunn) he is about the only one that has the energy to get up and down. His distribution is woeful and he can't tackle a good dinner which makes it all the more surprising that we rarely see Lowe in midfield-not that we have a better right back necessarily.

Not MGP's biggest fan and for such an experienced International we are entitled to expect better but IMO doesnt deserve abuse from fans any more than anyone else.

Is it not right that he is Mrs D's favourite?? That might explain a few things at selection level!!

But all in all this is just yet another outpouring of fans frustrations at what is going on at our Club.Its got to surface somewhere!

pedersen has lived his whole rovers career off a few wonder goals, people see these goals and assume that he is rovers' david beckham or something like that when in reality he does virtually eff all, all match apart from a few long throws which occasionally result in a goal, hardly see him go in for tackles and when he does he makes a pig's ear of it but apart from all that hes a fine player and a wonderfull human being!!!

Pedersen and Dunn are our last two true blues. Both are probably past their best but neither deserve abuse.

I was highly critical of Andrews but I certainly don't feel the same way about Peds. He loves the club and always does his job. If anything I'd argue he's being asked to play in an unnatural position to accommodate the Olsson twins, and to cover for our lack of midfield depth.

I'm just glad he doesn't have one of those special contracts...

No need for the abuse he got yesterday, well out of order! I know he's he's not the same player he was early days but there's not many who love the club as much as he does

When and where did this happen?

I saw a lad in the lower tier shouting to Peds as some players came to acknowledge the fans after the final whistle. Peds seemed confused by what the lad was shouting,

I thought he was asking for Pedersens shirt.

Was there another incident or did I misread the situation?

• Backroom

As I said in another thread recently after a home loss pedersen was the only player to come to the blackbun end to clap the fans, a couple of Neanderthals started shouted horrible abuse at him and then telling other fans not to clap him. When I questioned him he just went into a tirade again calling him every name under the sun.

Some people are just born idiots!

We've scored three goals direct from his throw-ins in the last three games don't people forget. Our main goal threat still comes from his deliveries whether it be free-kicks, corners, throw-ins or crosses. He put across a perfect cross for Yakubu second half who really should have done better with the header. It saddens me that fans give abuse to their own players especially when Pedersen seems one of the few players was geniunley seems to care about the fans and the club.

He can be frustrating in general play at times but his set-piece delivery is vital for our team in my opinion. I can count at least three players in Dann, Lowe & Formica who all put in much worse performance than Pedersen on Saturday but none would have received the same sort of abuse in a similiar situation. In addition it's not exactly like we have a squad crawling with great central midfielders, he's for me our second best option in central midfield behind Nzonzi.

To be fair Pedersen seemed to be all a bit confused by the whole affair and appeaed to be questioning why he wasn't allowed to tap the badge on his shirt.

Well, he's a frustrating player to watch. He concedes possession so casually with those passes into no man's land. And spare me some Opta stat that shows he covers more ground than Roundup. Makes no odds to me when his overall contribution is lacking and those long throws have taken three years to finally pay off.

Pedersen and Dunn are our last two true blues. Both are probably past their best but neither deserve abuse.

I was highly critical of Andrews but I certainly don't feel the same way about Peds. He loves the club and always does his job. If anything I'd argue he's being asked to play in an unnatural position to accommodate the Olsson twins, and to cover for our lack of midfield depth.

I'm just glad he doesn't have one of those special contracts...

And you'd be wrong. He was shifted inside because he was doing NOTHING out wide.

I would imagine the reason why he gets abuse is that he is a shadow of the player he once was and some fans find that frustrating. It's not some small decline we have seen but a major one. Gone are the days of the goalscoring from open play midfielder who could put in a decent cross from out wide.

And you'd be wrong. He was shifted inside because he was doing NOTHING out wide.

Correct. Allardyce noticed that Pedersen had lost that end product from out wide but wanted to keep him in the side for the set pieces and long throws.

I would imagine the reason why he gets abuse is that he is a shadow of the player he once was and some fans find that frustrating. It's not some small decline we have seen but a major one. Gone are the days of the goalscoring from open play midfielder who could put in a decent cross from out wide.

Correct. Allardyce noticed that Pedersen had lost that end product from out wide but wanted to keep him in the side for the set pieces and long throws.

So because he is no longer good enough outside, he's automatically playing in his position by being moved inside. What a dumb argument! (Although I accept that it's Exiled_Rover's dumb argument that you've just nodded along to).

No excuse, RVR, no player deserves "vile abuse" for not being good enough. Any criticism should be aimed at the manager who is playing him out position. But I don't think those 'fans' that are busy screaming such disgusting abuse (at anyone) during and after games have enough brain cells to string those two thoughts together.

So glad he's doing what Allardyce did and including him in the side for his set-pieces though (we have virtually no-one else btw) or our goals would have dried up, but frankly I prefer the original, not the cheap imitation. I bet even Big Sam was cringing at the amount of long balls against Bolton.

So glad he's doing what Allardyce did and including him in the side for his set-pieces though (we have virtually no-one else btw) or our goals would have dried up, but frankly I prefer the original, not the cheap imitation. I bet even Big Sam was cringing at the amount of long balls against Bolton.

What long balls? All I saw was sublime interchange and passing.

He's been playing central midfield for about 2 seasons now. I'd hardly call that out of postition.

The only thing his set pieces lack is players like Samba, Nelson, Santa Cruz etc at the end of them. The crosses he sometimes produces are sublime bouncing right infront of the keeper causing great pressure on the team. Yet the other (around)7 players(who dont get half as much abuse) just stand there looking.

He's a long way from being a Beckham but he's the best we've got at what he does.

He's been loyal to the club, there's never been anything concrete linking him away, but then again rumours must start from somewhere and he has been linked with the likes of Tottenham in the past. As someone said earlier he is a true blue along with Dunny. A model professional you never hear moan.

Glad we have a player who's been around so long and hopefully if more of the better/promising players stuck around we'd have a better team.

*Just to put things into perspective scoring 2 goals against Utd doesnt guarantee success. Michael Mifsud, former Coventry player from Malta, did that a few years back in the Carling Cup then scored against us in the following round. The media went mental. Yet his larger than life attitude (ironic for 4 foot tall player) saw him loaned to Barnsley, then not have his contract renewed ending up playing for Qormi FC midtable Maltese league club. Yet a quiet underrated strike partner of his at the time, ends up starting games for Newcastle Utd.*

Archived