BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

Any coincidence that those goals are almost 10 years old?

That was the most frustrating thing about Peds. Players like Lowe take a lot of flak, but they're limited in what they can do technically, whereas we all know Pedersen HAD the talent. But he lost that side to his game, i.e. his drive to get into the box and make late runs at the far post, and not through age or injuries.

As previously mentioned, his contribution from open-play became poor, which is no doubt why he fitted so well into Allardyce's team.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can watch all sorts on this internet, Den. You might want to try it sometime.

You might try going to matches - you might see the bigger picture.

It's astonishing how many armchair fans there on here with strong views yet never go to games.

Well I bloody well wish that situation had continued.

Still I suppose you think you know best.

Ouch!

Being completely honest, I did not want Big Sam after Hughes left.

A few short months later, after the Ince disaster, I thought Sam was exactly the right person for what Rovers job had become.

Eventually-after a couple of years- I was so bored with the hoofball and, in particular, what looked like "thrown" games. Like a fool I went to Arsenal!

However, I was also only too aware that Sam was not being backed by the trust.

At the same time I was also growing disillusioned with the anti competitive nature of the Premier League.

When Venky's took over, I honestly thought Sam deserved a chance with some financial backing. There was no rejoicing in our house, when he was sacked.It didn't feel right to me.

Now to the heart of your question. Would I prefer to be watching the hoofball and to have been denied the hard knocks experience of Venky's. Kean, Anderson, Agnew, Singh? ..Er ..I think so..

Any coincidence that those goals are almost 10 years old?

That was the most frustrating thing about Peds. Players like Lowe take a lot of flak, but they're limited in what they can do technically, whereas we all know Pedersen HAD the talent. But he lost that side to his game, i.e. his drive to get into the box and make late runs at the far post, and not through age or injuries.

As previously mentioned, his contribution from open-play became poor, which is no doubt why he fitted so well into Allardyce's team.

Yeh but after the hughes era we did not play with wongers for him to run onto crosses frm the roght which was what he was good at

You might try going to matches - you might see the bigger picture.

It's astonishing how many armchair fans there on here with strong views yet never go to games.

You don't need ringside seats to see that Pedersen was not the same player as before.

And what ad hominems do you have for the regulars who feel the same?

You don't need ringside seats to see that Pedersen was not the same player as before.And what ad hominems do you have for the regulars who feel the same?

Internet reigns eh? Forming opinions about players you don't watch.

:). - just because I can, now.

Internet reigns eh? Forming opinions about players you don't watch.

:). - just because I can, now.

My father never watched Ali, Foreman, Frazier et al in the flesh and he knows more about that era of boxing than most. I've seen enough of Rovers over the last ten years or so, to see a marked decline in Pedersen's game.

Attack the argument, not the man.

You don't need ringside seats to see that Pedersen was not the same player as before.

I think you do need ringside seats to see what a player contributes to a full match. There is plenty of action and hard work off the ball which the cameras (or your magical internet thing) doesn't show.

Trouble is, whenever this is pointed out to those who don't attend matches, they get all upset.

Btw, Amo'o, you use that "ad hominems" phrase a lot when this issues come up. Why do you perceive it to be a personal attack to point out that you don't attend matches?

The TV gives only a limited view of a game and usually follows the ball - for instance, you cannot see the work players do off the ball on the other side of pitch.

It's only by attending matches that you see in interactions between players too. Eg, it was only when I attended a Rovers match at Derby about 5 years ago when I had a pitchside seat that I realised you much dog's abuse Pedersen was getting from the Benni McCarthy.

You don't need to be so defensive about your non-attendance but need to recognise that you don't see everything watching on t' internet.

Ouch!

Being completely honest, I did not want Big Sam after Hughes left.

A few short months later, after the Ince disaster, I thought Sam was exactly the right person for what Rovers job had become.

Eventually-after a couple of years- I was so bored with the hoofball and, in particular, what looked like "thrown" games. Like a fool I went to Arsenal!

However, I was also only too aware that Sam was not being backed by the trust.

At the same time I was also growing disillusioned with the anti competitive nature of the Premier League.

When Venky's took over, I honestly thought Sam deserved a chance with some financial backing. There was no rejoicing in our house, when he was sacked.It didn't feel right to me.

Now to the heart of your question. Would I prefer to be watching the hoofball and to have been denied the hard knocks experience of Venky's. Kean, Anderson, Agnew, Singh? ..Er ..I think so..

Not sure what this as to do with Pedersen but i'd like to point out that under Big Sam that we weren't just a long ball team but very physical and hard to beat. Steve Kean actually came out and said that the style of football we played under Big Sam wasn't very attractive but who implimented this when in charge? None other than Kean himself.

Yeah, Amarillo, you don't get a full picture of a players abilities on a TV screen. Conversely, it works both ways as well. I remember when Peds was linked to Spurs a few years ago. Spurs fans were purring about his abilities, obviously from watching the games on TV, at the time when he used to score screamers fairly regularly. We all knew that what they saw wasn't the real Pedersen, he was never as good as they thought. Plenty of fans from other clubs were of the same view about him as well, at that time, just from watching highlights from televised games.

Not sure what this as to do with Pedersen but i'd like to point out that under Big Sam that we weren't just a long ball team but very physical and hard to beat. Steve Kean actually came out and said that the style of football we played under Big Sam wasn't very attractive but who implimented this when in charge? None other than Kean himself.

It was in answer to "How I wish that situation had continued" ..that situation meaning Peds fitting into the Allardyce (hoofball) regime.

Anyway, I am not so autistic that I need every link to be totally linear!

I don't think there are many who would claim Big Sam's team was attractive, whatever Kean said.

I think your Steve Kean comment is a bit of a "straw man". Most of us start from the premise that anything Kean said was a lie.

Yeah, Amarillo, you don't get a full picture of a players abilities on a TV screen. Conversely, it works both ways as well. I remember when Peds was linked to Spurs a few years ago. Spurs fans were purring about his abilities, obviously from watching the games on TV, at the time when he used to score screamers fairly regularly. We all knew that what they saw wasn't the real Pedersen, he was never as good as they thought. Plenty of fans from other clubs were of the same view about him as well, at that time, just from watching highlights from televised games.

Also known as the "match of the day" player.

Archived