BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

Whatever happened to his blog?

http://gamst.co.uk/en

Used to be a great read but came to a sudden halt for some reason?

Had to stop the blog because some "fans" were giving him abuse on there.

Sad to see him go, wish him well for the future, and hope to see him at Ewood in some manner in the future.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Absolutely fantastic video and that is the Morten I will remember. The bit where he sings the "your mums your dad" song is brilliant. Good luck MGP. EDIT I may have watched a different video that the Rovers twitter page put on. here it is if it hasn't been posted.

The title is right this one is absolutely magical

I wonder how many of our current players will ever have this sort of highlight reel

Absolutely fantastic video and that is the Morten I will remember. The bit where he sings the "your mums your dad" song is brilliant. Good luck MGP. EDIT I may have watched a different video that the Rovers twitter page put on.

here it is if it hasn't been posted.

Thanks for that - great to watch.

What a good lad he is - his critics should go and support Burnley.

Hope he does well in Turkey. He has been a great servant to this club and deserves nothing but respect. Always given one hundred per cent to the club both on and off the pitch. A wonderful example to some of our younger players about how to conduct yourself as a professional footballer. As the player to receive most international caps whilst at the Rovers his place in the club's history is assured.

Fantastic videos thanks for posting.

Knocking Burnley out of the cup in the last few minutes of play and for our first win at the theatre of screams for god knows how long are worth every penny we paid him. I think he does genuinely love the club and I'm sad for him leaving but wish him well for the future. Somehow I suspect we may see him in the stands supporting the team at some point though.

Good luck MGP

Looks pretty emotional to be leaving, clearly has an enormous amount of affinity/respect for the club and fans.

Wish him all the best, thank you MGP

He never wanted to leave Blackburn and it's sad to see him go. Not many people know this but he was always one of the first to arrive at training and always one of the last to leave. He always has time for his fans and as been a great servant to this club in some difficult times. He could've jumped ship in his prime but stayed with us.

He's a fantastic bloke and a true professional in every sense of the word.

Good luck MGP ;)

A great professional and a fantastic guy - represented the club fantastically in all aspects, wore the shirt with pride and contrary to what some fans would have you believe, has been an excellent performer on the field.

Sad at the way he has been treated in the last couple of years with Shebby making stupid comments and him rarely playing, despite being one of our most influential players (just look at the stats for last year).

Thanks & good luck MGP - plenty of memories

Another one who's time here was up from the moment Venky's walked in. His wages went against him from day one and it's just a shame that our club treated him with little respect.

Last Saturday did our club no credit whatsoever. Peds coming out to say farewell to the fans without many of us knowing it was going to happen, while in the Radio Rovers interview after the game, all Bowyer would say about it was "as far as I'm aware, he's still a Blackburn Rovers player".

I found that to be in pretty bad taste.

Another one who's time here was up from the moment Venky's walked in. His wages went against him from day one and it's just a shame that our club treated him with little respect.

Last Saturday did our club no credit whatsoever. Peds coming out to say farewell to the fans without many of us knowing it was going to happen, while in the Radio Rovers interview after the game, all Bowyer would say about it was "as far as I'm aware, he's still a Blackburn Rovers player".

This is just the way our club is run now unfortunately and judging from those clips Pedersen seems gutted to be going but he can go with everyones best wishes. Shame he couldn't have made 10 years at the club so we could've given back something to Morton but such is life in Blackburn.

What makes it worse is Rovers trying to take credit by including his pitch walk and related impromptu interview in an official video. If he hasn't taken it upon himself they wouldn't have had any footage.

Classless.

Here's how it should be done.

BPI-QPRvMancCity-g0dr.jpg

Here's how Venkys Rovers do it.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/nelsen-leaves-139614.aspx

Not even a @#/? thank you.

And they still don't learn.

Very sad to see MGP leave.

The last couple of years may not have been his best but, as the videos show, he was a phenomenal player for us in his prime.

It's very unusual to find a player with such a strong afinity towards one club and that's the mark of the man. I do believe him when he says it's not all about the money. He stayed because he loved the Rovers. In that regard, he's one of us. One of our own.

His professionalism and influence will undoubtedly be missed around Ewood and down at Brockhall and that's going to be a real shame. Another part of the Rovers we have loved for so long has been dismantled.

I wish MGP the very best of luck in Turkey and I hope we see him back at Ewood one day soon.

Would be nice if the crowd shows its appreciation for him at the Bolton game with a resounding rendtion of 'Morten Gamst Pedersen, tra la la la la'.

I thought he stayed because nobody ever tried to sign him? Had they he would have been off faster than you can click your fingers.

Ignoring the fantasy loyalty scenarios he was a good player if you forget the last 3/4 years.

Good luck Morten

Thanks for that - great to watch.

What a good lad he is - his critics should go and support Burnley.

After that winning goal I'm sure most of them already do.

What makes it worse is Rovers trying to take credit by including his pitch walk and related impromptu interview in an official video. If he hasn't taken it upon himself they wouldn't have had any footage.

Classless.

Here's how it should be done.

BPI-QPRvMancCity-g0dr.jpg

Here's how Venkys Rovers do it.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/nelsen-leaves-139614.aspx

Not even a keaning thank you.

And they still don't learn.

It must be a thing with us...........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-325857/Blackburns-shame-Parkes-sacking.html

........if you forget the last 3/4 years.

Believe me I'd love to.

I thought he stayed because nobody ever tried to sign him? Had they he would have been off faster than you can click your fingers.

Ignoring the fantasy loyalty scenarios he was a good player if you forget the last 3/4 years.

Good luck Morten

No doubt the big clubs would've had tabs on him circa 2005/2006, but obviously they saw something lacking in this game to make a serious approach. Make no mistake, had United, Spurs or Liverpool had come a calling, we'd all know the outcome. And that's no slight against him, because I'd expect that from any Rovers player with an ounce of ambition.

Incidentally, Pedersen is a reminder of Souness' shoestring success. Friedel, Neill, Tugay, Pedersen... All of them cost peanuts, and although they didn't bring in the big money of Sparky's bargain buys, they gave the club years of service and plenty of great memories.

Pedersen is kind of an anology for Rovers in the past 10 years. Showed great but brief flashes of brilliance, tangled with the top guys and even provided those magical moments in which we came out victorious and felt at the top of the world...but other than that, most of it was mediocre, on a decline, performing below expectations, at the end doing nothing and just wasting away.

Still, sad as it is, life is about hanging on to those moments of magic, and MGP certainly delivered a handful.

Archived