BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

Makes me laugh how the Pedersen knockers automatically assume they're right to the point of mocking the intelligence of his supporters. Almost everyone who makes a living out of the game agrees with his supporters, almost everyone who likes a scapegoat agrees with his critics. Have to say I feel pretty confident we represent the intelligent side of this argument.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pedersen has played well the last few games and he is playing out of position. We all know Pedersens form can be all over the place but so can a lot of players.

Out of all the players and people to blame for the many poor peformances and the Bolton loss he would be far from the top of the list.

Scott Dann, Hoilett, Petrovic have been poor for the most of this season and n'zonzi didnt turn up last weekend.

Pedersen is thick skinned. He's been booed by half the norwegian national crowd in a friendly vs finland and ended up scoring the winning goal 3 minutes on overtime, and then giving the crowd the stick afterwards.

never understood why people end up booing at their own players.

I see many people in this thread criticising pedersen alot in this thread, and some of you are the same people who actually protected Chris Samba when he decided to go on strike to get a transfer. I don't know about you, but i would pick a loyal average gamst pedersen rather than a greedy chris samba any day of the week.

I know for a fact that he's been offered alot more money to go to a foreign club, but he really likes it in england and he loves playing for us.

i agree he's not what he used to be, but he is not our weakest link. some of the criticism he gets is uncalled for. I see alot of people criticising his set pieces. Before the Arsenal game the norwegian pl studio said that Pedersen is the premier league player who has scored most goals from free kicks the last 5 years. Thats pretty impressive.

He got 3 goals and 8 assists this season, thats not bad.

Premier league / all time / most assists

he's in a exclusice company. More assist than becham (beckham with 265 appearances, pedersen with 253, although beckham scored alot more goals)

To abuse a player who are only 8 games away from beating Brad Friedel's record of most rovers appereances in the premier league (he will get the record if we're not relegated) is absolutely discgraceful.

Not sure about that the accuracy of that list, there's a few dodgy ones on there;

Kevin Nolan 3 assists

Stuart Downing 3 assists

Damian Duff 8 assists

Not sure about that the accuracy of that list, there's a few dodgy ones on there;

Kevin Nolan 3 assists

Stuart Downing 3 assists

Damian Duff 8 assists

A quick scan shows Duff listed 4 times on that list. So are others -

Duff - 72, 266, 269 & 619

EH Diouf - 60, 219, 258

MGP - 9, 1397, 1438, 1547

Pedersen has played well the last few games and he is playing out of position. We all know Pedersens form can be all over the place but so can a lot of players.

Out of all the players and people to blame for the many poor peformances and the Bolton loss he would be far from the top of the list.

Scott Dann, Hoilett, Petrovic have been poor for the most of this season and n'zonzi didnt turn up last weekend.

N'Zonzi turns up and the team turns up. He's our biggest player by far.

Kevin Nolan 3 assists

Stuart Downing 3 assists

Damian Duff 8 assists

There not far out if any unless both sources copy each other.

This season not included.

My link

MGP 227A 31G 45A 7.32SR 23 Y 1 R

This season 26A 3G 8A 8.66?SR 5Y

How long has he been played out of position ? Do you really want him back trundling up and down the wing ? He's playing in midfield because he's too slow to play on the wing. I thought that was obvious.

Makes me laugh how the Pedersen knockers automatically assume they're right to the point of mocking the intelligence of his supporters. Almost everyone who makes a living out of the game agrees with his supporters, almost everyone who likes a scapegoat agrees with his critics. Have to say I feel pretty confident we represent the intelligent side of this argument.

Good for you pal, bask in your intelligence, I'm just a numpty who's played and watched for the last 50 years.

eh ? don't know why you would even post that. MGPs throws have assisted a goal. :rock:

Not that long ago there was a guy playing for Halifax Town that could nearly throw it from one side of the pitch to the other. Do you think we should sign him up ?

Interview with Gamst in the Norwegian online paper Nettavisen today:

Basically Gamst says he understands the fans and thinks the fans have every right to be very dissapointed and angry about the ongoings in the club.

He thinks Steve Kean handled the protests and hatred in a remarkable way.

He asks all the fans to turn up and help the team to stay in the league which is 100% the main goal these days. He also says its a loose mood among the squad. He thinks Rovers have a good form after new years and say that are 100% focused to fight and stay up.

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

Pedersen is going to get knocked around like a bitch in the Championship. Instead of hiding on the pitch he might just leg it right down the tunnel and never come back.

How long has he been played out of position ? Do you really want him back trundling up and down the wing ? He's playing in midfield because he's too slow to play on the wing. I thought that was obvious.

Actually I was referring to him being played on the wing by Kean, which apart from his assist for Formicas goal he had been a passenger in most games. I thought him n'zonzi looked our strongest pairing as the two cm's, but Kean shoved peds onto the wing and completly dropped N'zonzi as we just flopped into relegation without a fight.

Kean decided to play a strictly attacking midfielder/cf in David dunn along with lowe as cm and it was an awful decision for the manager of that team to make and cost us dearly along with many of his other bizarre team selections and decisions - WHY IS HE STILL HERE?

I know no other player divides opinion around here like Pedersen does but if he stays on I think his experience will be invaluable to us next season (provided certain other things "go our way"). Nice to read that he's a fan of the Rovers. Regardless of what anyone thinks of him he's been a great serviceman to the club. I think he's got more to give and his most important years for us could well lie ahead rather than behind.

And then I woke up and realised it'd all been a dream.

Pedersen is one of the pieces of deadweight on huge contracts that I feared we'd be lumbered with should we ever go down.

Sadly it doesn't seem like someone is going to do us a favour and take him off our hands.

Hate to break it to you but we ARE down!

Agree about Pedersen. I am sure we cannot afford his wages. It will come down to whether we can flog him. Hopefully Stoke or someone daft will take him as they will be under the misguided impression that he can take a consistently good set piece...

Lovely guy, great servant, but too pricey for the Championship - especially when he is frankly an average player.

• Backroom

More cold than hot often but as opposed to popular belief I do think he puts his all in for us. He may not look like Dunn who looks like he's putting more in as he's always knackered and jumping in but he aint a slacker IMO

To be honest I'm glad if he stays let's not kid ourselves we aren't going to have much quality in the squad next season and if he was replaced it would be with some random unknown from Botswana or similar

Hate to break it to you but we ARE down!

Agree about Pedersen. I am sure we cannot afford his wages. It will come down to whether we can flog him. Hopefully Stoke or someone daft will take him as they will be under the misguided impression that he can take a consistently good set piece...

Lovely guy, great servant, but too pricey for the Championship - especially when he is frankly an average player.

Indeed. I hope whoever he goes to doesn't expect him to be able to pass to his colleagues.

More cold than hot often but as opposed to popular belief I do think he puts his all in for us. He may not look like Dunn who looks like he's putting more in as he's always knackered and jumping in but he aint a slacker IMO

Seems to me that he's always near the top of the "ground covered" statistics (of both teams) whenever I see them. Would be great if someone knew where to find stats like that for the season.

Now one can argue about the speed at which he covers that ground, or what use he makes of it, but I still don't think he can be called lazy.

He can cover all the ground he wants but he doesn't contribute enough to open play. I appreciate when he covers at left back when real Olsson goes forward but in my eyes it is a waste of a position. I feel that we always play better, regardless of manager, when we play 4-4-2 and he is not offensive enough to be a creative midfielder and not defensive enough to be a defensive midfielder. He does keep it tidy when he plays as one of the 3 in midfield but with this season alone the likes of Formica, Vukcevic, Petrovic etc could have done better there (with Petrovic or even Lowe, Nzonzi could be given a licence to go forward) and his set pieces alone should not warrant his place in the team.

His perceived loyalty should never become an issue as we would, in my eyes, be better off without him.....ability and performance should be the most important factors in rating a player......fair enough his experience could be vital next season but we would have to play 4-5-1 and I feel we should be looking to be playing someone up top with Goodwillie for the best chance of getting promoted.....obvo all this with a different manager.

He can cover all the ground he wants but he doesn't contribute enough to open play. I appreciate when he covers at left back when real Olsson goes forward but in my eyes it is a waste of a position. I feel that we always play better, regardless of manager, when we play 4-4-2 and he is not offensive enough to be a creative midfielder and not defensive enough to be a defensive midfielder. He does keep it tidy when he plays as one of the 3 in midfield but with this season alone the likes of Formica, Vukcevic, Petrovic etc could have done better there (with Petrovic or even Lowe, Nzonzi could be given a licence to go forward) and his set pieces alone should not warrant his place in the team.

His perceived loyalty should never become an issue as we would, in my eyes, be better off without him.....ability and performance should be the most important factors in rating a player......fair enough his experience could be vital next season but we would have to play 4-5-1 and I feel we should be looking to be playing someone up top with Goodwillie for the best chance of getting promoted.....obvo all this with a different manager.

Sorry you had me there but then you mentioned Goodwillie

Archived