BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pedersen reminds me of Noel 'the king of ewood park' Brotherston in the way you either like him or loath him. Personaly, I like(d) em both.

Please note I wasn't comparing the two as players, I was comparing fans views on them. I loved watching Noel, but, there were quite a few moaners on the Riveside who became very impatient with him. Ripley, Miller, Wilcox are a few others who seemed to divide fans.

Please note I wasn't comparing the two as players, I was comparing fans views on them. I loved watching Noel, but, there were quite a few moaners on the Riveside who became very impatient with him. Ripley, Miller, Wilcox are a few others who seemed to divide fans.

Yeah that's the thing with wingers- they blow hot and cold. That's why Sir Alf ditched them in the sixties. When I was a kid we had the two Mikes on the wing, Ferguson and Harrison, one was a ball playing ,tricky,dribbler. The other was a fast, hard running, direct type of player with a tremendous shot. I've seen both of them have poor games but very rarely did they both have off days together, that's the beauty of having two wingers. I remember Fergie playing at Preston when they had a really highly rated young full back playing for them. Fergie tied him in knots, the kid was never the same again. One time he ran directly towards where I was standing in the crowd, he dummied and sent the full-back , me, and at least 20 of the blokes standing near me the wrong way with a dip of the shoulder ! Magical ball skills when he was in the mood, only Dougie was better.

I liked Noel a lot, he was a class act. When he played in a deeper midfield role for Northern Ireland he was a revelation, he was in the game all the time and seemed to thrive on the responsibility. Why none of the bigger teams didn't come in for him I'll never know.

Sorry you had me there but then you mentioned Goodwillie

Who would you suggest we played instead then? Payne? Slew? Do u think Yakubu is staying? Don't write Goodwillie off yet. He was really good in the Scottish league and it's a slightly better standard league than the Championship. I think this because I watch quite a bit of both of them.

Who would you suggest we played instead then? Payne? Slew? Do u think Yakubu is staying? Don't write Goodwillie off yet. He was really good in the Scottish league and it's a slightly better standard league than the Championship. I think this because I watch quite a bit of both of them.

Sorry written off from my point of view. Another Kean failure.

if that lot are our options then we are definitely headed for League 2 and possibly the conference. The fact that our other options are limited doesn't make Goodwillie a good option

Noel was a proper out and out winger..much more skillful on the ball than pedersen

But very easy to put out of the game, niggle him and he would run 50 yards to chop you down with real intent, wouldnt last a game with todays refs!!

Sorry written off from my point of view. Another Kean failure.

I remember Grant Hanley being written off by many. Goodwillie is only 23 and with an actual manager I'm almost positive he would look a better player.

if that lot are our options then we are definitely headed for League 2 and possibly the conference. The fact that our other options are limited doesn't make Goodwillie a good option

No but it makes him the best option. If we get a half-decent manager I'm confident he will be a very good player for us next season if this time he is actually played in his right position. He's like Kalinic.....you could tell he had ability as well but plying up front on his own didn't suit him either.

I remember Grant Hanley being written off by many. Goodwillie is only 23 and with an actual manager I'm almost positive he would look a better player.

Daffy Duck.

He's not the only one of our players with fitness issues. He wasn't slow in the Scottish league.

Petrovic looked like a complete and utter donkey when he first arrived.....then I was becoming impressed with him. Same could be said for Edin Dzeko.....he could barely control the ball then started to look a really good player for quite a while.

Bendtner was a joke at Arsenal but when he was given an extended run in the team he looked a good player.......I suspected this after seeing him score or set up goals each week on MOTD but it was confirmed by my Arsenal mate who has a season ticket which is why I'm saying it now.

Fitness issues? Petrovic and goodwillie are not about fitness issues. They are not good enough in general. Odd games where they looked ok doesn't make them even halfway good players. Now kean being rubbish at the job he's employed to do can't be much help but they are neither of them good enough even for the championship even with a decent manager.

I'm not basing my point on odd games where they have looked ok.

With Petrovic he was rated in his own country and looked good when he was given an extended run in the team. He is 23 and was in the Serbian Team Of The Year 2 seasons in a row. I'm pretty sure he will be good enough for the Championship as Jason Roberts and Keith Andrews seemed to do ok and he is better standard player than them. Like with Lowe in centre midfield, he is meant to be a defensive midfielder in a team that backs off and doesn't pressure or close down anyone. With the ball, once given a run in the team and after he seemed used to the pace of the league, he impressed me with the ball as well.....and not just for the way he would spray the ball out wide for Olsson. But then came the Arsenal game where I doubt we even had a game-plan and we didn't see him again till Norwich where he impressed me again. I would love for him to stay.

As for Goodwillie I brought up fitness issues after the daffy duck comment but HE IS BEING PLAYED OUT OF POSITION so I don't think you can fault him too much. I have seen him a few times against Celtic and Rangers (who are better than all Championship teams) and he impressed me quite a bit. He also won the Young Player Of The Year Award. To say neither of them are good enough for the Championship seems quite excessive. Chances are they will leave or Kean will stay and all this is irrelevant but in my eyes they are good enough for the Premier League let alone the Championship.

Guest Rovers4Good

I know no other player divides opinion around here like Pedersen does but if he stays on I think his experience will be invaluable to us next season (provided certain other things "go our way"). Nice to read that he's a fan of the Rovers. Regardless of what anyone thinks of him he's been a great serviceman to the club. I think he's got more to give and his most important years for us could well lie ahead rather than behind.

He's not coming back buddy :(

I agree he will probably look better with a decent manager. Anyone would. That said I am totally mystefied about what you see in him. Has a bit of tenacity, but apart from that has no pace, no skill, no vision, useless in the air, and runs like a penguin to boot.... It's hardly the greatest set of characteristics.

I agree he will probably look better with a decent manager. Anyone would. That said I am totally mystefied about what you see in him. Has a bit of tenacity, but apart from that has no pace, no skill, no vision, useless in the air, and runs like a penguin to boot.... It's hardly the greatest set of characteristics.

Ha ha ha... nail on the head Joey!! :D

I'm not being biased but like I've said before he impressed me quite a bit when playing against Celtic and Rangers. The standard of the Scottish League on the whole is a bit better than in the Championship and the season before he came he scored 17 and got the most assists in the league, which is nowhere near as bad as English people who never watch it make out. I've seen him display previously all those attributes that people will think he doesn't have altho admittedly he is not great in the air.

The two main things to consider (apart from the obvious one of working under a real manager) are that firstly, he is being played out of position as he is another striker who relies on link up play with a fellow striker and is most certainly not a winger. And secondly, he needs an extended run in the team. The one time he has been given one was when Yakubu was suspended and despite him being played out of position as a lone striker, I think he had scored 4 in his last 8 or something similar. He's also only young and will get better. Trust me I'm confident with a new manager he will turn out to be a good signing in the long run.

The standard of scottish prem is not better than the championship. No chance matey.

I would say it is and I watch both. I watch Championship games whenever I can on TV and a few Bristol City games live and watch a lot of Scottish football and it is better; on the whole, the bottom halfs compared to each other, the top halfs (excluding Celtic and Rangers) compared to each other......not too much of a significant gap but it exists.

At the very least they are similar so if Goodwillie could score 17, get the most assists and get young player of the year in Scotland he will be good in the Championship.

Generally, people who say the Scottish league is sh1t or League 1 standard or whatever barely watch any Scottish football and if they do it is just Old Firm games.

Archived