BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] End of Season Table Predictions

Wigan and QPR have a nasty few games coming.Reckon if we lose against Manure then we need at least 4 points of WBA and L'pool shortly followed by 3 pts off Norwich .That gets us to 35 and we will need to beat Wigan in our last home game to stay up. Bolton have games they will scramble point from especially at home and Wolves have gone.

2 from us Wigan and QPR to join Wolves in a fixture at the Turf next year

Liverpool are not nasty. They are shait. QPR were extremely lucky that game.

So you'd be confident when we meet them? They are a better team than they presently look. We didn't beat Everton 3-0 did we?

For half an hour they dominated that game yesterday, some delightful one-touch play and Suarez /Bellamy very dangerous. 3 really good chances---none taken.

Undone by poor defensive work again + some rather fortunate last-ditch defending by Newcastle. Also some terrible referee decisions.

Nothing I saw would lead me to think we can expect the same sort of result against Liverpool.

So you'd be confident when we meet them? They are a better team than they presently look. We didn't beat Everton 3-0 did we?

For half an hour they dominated that game yesterday, some delightful one-touch play and Suarez /Bellamy very dangerous. 3 really good chances---none taken.

Undone by poor defensive work again + some rather fortunate last-ditch defending by Newcastle. Also some terrible referee decisions.

Nothing I saw would lead me to think we can expect the same sort of result against Liverpool.

Playing Devil's Advocate we also dominated at Ewood against Newcastle and lost 2-0. Liverpool are most definitely there for the taking when we play them just a few days before their biggest game of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if King Kenny rested a couple against us, particularly Gerrard.

Playing Devil's Advocate we also dominated at Ewood against Newcastle and lost 2-0. Liverpool are most definitely there for the taking when we play them just a few days before their biggest game of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if King Kenny rested a couple against us, particularly Gerrard.

God, I'd forgotten that game! How could we lose that one 0-2? Not the only one we've dominated and lost either!

You're right about the timing of the Liverpool game though. A little bit back for the timing of the Bolton game!

Remaining fixtures:

Rovers:

West Brom (A) - Loss

Liverpool (H) - Loss

Swansea (A) - Loss

Norwich (H) - Win

Tottenham (A) - Loss

Wigan (H) - Win

Chelsea (A) - Loss

17th with 34 points. SAFE

Wigan:

Chelsea (A) - Loss

United (H) - Loss

Arsenal (A) - Loss

Fulham (A) - Loss

Newcastle (H) - Loss

Blackburn (A) - Loss

Wolves (H) - Win

19th with 31 points. RELEGATED

QPR:

United (A) - Loss

Swansea (H) - Win

West Brom (A) - Loss

Spurs (H) - Loss

Chelsea (A) - Loss

Stoke (H) - Loss

City (A) - Loss

Key match here is if they manage to win at home against Stoke. They will end up at the same points as us, but they are to play Chelsea, Spurs, United and City who can score many goals. 18th. RELEGATED

Wolves:

Stoke (A) - Loss

Arsenal (H) - Loss

Sunderland (A)- Loss

City (H) - Loss

Swansea (A)- Loss

Everton (H) - Draw

Wigan (A) - Loss

23 points. Rock bottom. RELEGATED

Bolton:

Fulham (H) - Loss

Newcastle (A) - Loss

Swansea (H) - Win

Villa (A) - Draw

Sunderland (A) - Loss

Spurs (H) - Loss

West Brom (H) - Win

Stoke (A) - Win

15th with 39 points. SAFE. Bolton should manage to stay up.

Villa:

Liverpool (A) - Loss

Stoke (H)- Win

United (A) - Loss

Sunderland (H) - Loss

Bolton (H) - Draw

West Brom (A) - Loss

Spurs (H) - Loss

Norwich (A) - Loss

16th with 37 points. Key match here is to win at home against Stoke. If they lose that game I think the crowd will turn nasty on Mcleish. We all know how good Birmingham was looking in the first half of last season. They dropped like a rock. SAFE

Feel free to discuss.

Very brave to suddenly give Wigan 6 defeats from next 7 games when they have the best form of any of the bottom 5 now.

QPR only 1 win out of next 7 too? Again I think its being too optimistic.

Your assessment of Bolton seems a bit more fair.

Even your assessment of Rovers is "realistic". Just feel both Wigan and QPR will get at least 34, and Im being kind there.

Very brave to suddenly give Wigan 6 defeats from next 7 games when they have the best form of any of the bottom 5 now.

QPR only 1 win out of next 7 too? Again I think its being too optimistic.

Your assessment of Bolton seems a bit more fair.

Even your assessment of Rovers is "realistic". Just feel both Wigan and QPR will get at least 34, and Im being kind there.

Look at their fixtures Bobby.

There is a reason why both QPR and Wigan are where they are. Together with us. I would expect a couple of freak results, but they are facing either title chasing or champions league chasing teams.

QPR just beat Arsenal and Wigan beat Liverpool. That just goes to show that "shocks" can/will happen especially when teams are fighting for their lives. You haven't really kept a window for that element I think. Logically your table may be accurate but in reality I think it will take more points to survive. Right now I think 37 will lead to a GD but 38 should be safe. I could be over-estimating but time will tell.

QPR just beat Arsenal and Wigan beat Liverpool. That just goes to show that "shocks" can/will happen especially when teams are fighting for their lives. You haven't really kept a window for that element I think. Logically your table may be accurate but in reality I think it will take more points to survive. Right now I think 37 will lead to a GD but 38 should be safe. I could be over-estimating but time will tell.

Time will tell. You might be right Bobby.

One thing is for sure. It will be a nerve wrecking nail-biting edge of the seat end of the season.

For me I will either be full of joy or burst into tears on Stamford Bridge 13th of May.

I think QPR are getting into the stride we all feared they would under Hughes. I actually think they will survive. They can beat Swansea, Stoke and WBA. Chuck in a couple of unexpected results on top and they are safe.

Alexanders, you've also predicted Wolves and Wigan to lose against each other, which Wigan would be more likely to win, fighting for their lives against a relegated team.

I had a win on Wigan. Only a typo.

I cant see QPR winning all those games. Even under Hughes. They have been fortunate and nothing from the games against Liverpool and Arsenal except the result have shown glimpses of "turning a corner".

not turning a corner = winning? what i wouldnt give for not turning a corner and winning some games, very naive view to think beating 2 of the top 6 or 7 doesnt deserve some credit, would you bet on us to beat liverpool? i wouldnt!!!

not turning a corner = winning? what i wouldnt give for not turning a corner and winning some games, very naive view to think beating 2 of the top 6 or 7 doesnt deserve some credit, would you bet on us to beat liverpool? i wouldnt!!!

Yes indeed - Thanks to SAF for putting out a weak (for ManU) team at OT and thanks to Arsenal for being complete crap that day and for the OGs. Having said that we can only play the team put out on the day so we can beat Liverpool especially as they are both crap and will have an eye to the FA Cup. Never a better time to play the car wheeler stealers.

Imagine the situ if we had lost to Man U away at Arsenal at home - we would be almost certainly gone by now as we've failed against the lower teams.

If we beat WBA it will be a great victory and minor miracle, but I live in hope.

i was reffering to wigan's win at liverpool and qpr beating arsenal, our 'wins' against arsenal and man utd were tainted in my opinion, firstly the fact utd had half their first team missing and secondly our win against arsenal was fortuitous to say the least

How can a win against ManU or Arsenal be tainted? I think you have to credit the players sometimes with playing well. We were well below full strength at OT as well, although you won't hear that in the press, and also had to put with a total retard on the touchline.

I did the BBC predictor the other day and worryingly had us at 18th with Wigan surviving with a draw and win in last 2 games. By a freak of the fixtures Wigan's last 2 are the only games between the bottom 5 in the run in.I had us on 34 points.

Archived