BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] old songs

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From late 70s early 80s to the tune of The Floral Dance (don't ask).

I thought I heard the curious tone

Of the Burnley fans as they start to moan

Hard to smile when you'r 3 goals down

Rovers giving you the run around

Sometimes it's hard to win away

BUT NOT AT BURNLEY ON A BOXING DAY!

Winner.

Nostalgic reminiscences of Jim "Pancho" Fryatt lead me to recall two chants :

"Fryatt's a riot" and

the epic "Jim, Jim, bang one in"

and from the same era:

"ooo its a corner!!!"

Those were the days...........

Completely forgot that one, brilliant. Wasn't 'in the net' also chanted at corners?

All from the eighties

Let's all have a disco....

Let's go f'ing mental....

I'd like to go a wandering around the Ewood Park

And if I saw a B@rnley fan, I'd kick the illegitimate down...

He's only a poor little cockney,

His face is all tattered and torn,

He made me feel sick,

So I hit him with a brick,

And now he won't sing anymore...

I'll get my coat....

An impromtu song which I thought was hilarious was the 'Rio is a Rover' on the night when Bentley made himself a bit of Rovers legend. It seemed like almost everybody was singing it.

Rio just couldn't handle it. :D

An impromtu song which I thought was hilarious was the 'Rio is a Rover' on the night when Bentley made himself a bit of Rovers legend. It seemed like almost everybody was singing it.

Rio just couldn't handle it. :D

Who's that skinhead over there

What's it like to have no hair

Is it hot or is it cold

What's it like to be bald

I have fond memories of several raucous choruses of the 'Sebastien Perez' ditty (a la 'You're just too good to be true') belting out in a pub that I think might have been called The Albion in Lyon 1998. Might even have been lead by a certain young Debs and Gav.

How about 3 songs to the same tune...

'Come an ava go if you think yer 'ard enough'

'You're goin' 'ome in a ******* ambulance'

'You're gonna get your ****** 'ed kicked in'

We didn't sing such songs on the Riverside, I must add!

I have fond memories of several raucous choruses of the 'Sebastien Perez' ditty (a la 'You're just too good to be true') belting out in a pub that I think might have been called The Albion in Lyon 1998. Might even have been lead by a certain young Debs and Gav.

Or was it Debs and brother John? Could that have been the year Debs and Gav got it together? It's got a lot to answer for that season - me and Bob got married at the end of it!

Or was it Debs and brother John? Could that have been the year Debs and Gav got it together? It's got a lot to answer for that season - me and Bob got married at the end of it!

That was also the first year I heard the 'Burnley fans eat bananas with their feet' song sung on masse. We were walking round Lyon the day before the match trying to work out where the other Rovers fans were and we heard the song belting out from a few streets away - top effort!

And then there was the guy who used to stand on tables at away pubs - particularly remember Southampton - to lead us in a military stylee song. I'm afraid all I remember of it was the 'Go left, go right, go pick up a stick, go left, go right, go le-eft!' bit. What ever happened to him?

And then there was the guy who used to stand on tables at away pubs - particularly remember Southampton - to lead us in a military stylee song. I'm afraid all I remember of it was the 'Go left, go right, go pick up a stick, go left, go right, go le-eft!' bit. What ever happened to him?

Wem-ber-lee

Wem-ber-lee

He's a brainless toothless illegitimate and his name is Wem-ber-lee.

Often sung towards a bloke who was on the Blackburn End. He was once spotted on the Riverside and had the whole Blackburn End pointing and singing towards him.

Riverside

Riverside, give us a song. (they rarely did) :lol:

Wem-ber-lee

Wem-ber-lee

He's a brainless toothless illegitimate and his name is Wem-ber-lee.

Often sung towards a bloke who was on the Blackburn End. He was once spotted on the Riverside and had the whole Blackburn End pointing and singing towards him.

Riverside

Riverside, give us a song. (they rarely did) :lol:

Was that the guy who used to sing something about Wimberlee estate, wibbly wibbly wobbbly or sumatt lol

Archived