BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] old songs

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rover:it was on that famous saturday.the 2nd day of may . we met a bunch of a swansea fans on the moterway

they said they would win promotion

we said they would win fook all

on that famous saturday

when preston fooked it up :blush::brfc:

There's a tavern in the town,

In the town,

Where Bob Lord, he is a clown,

Is a clown,

And he sings and he dances

And he looks a proper ######,

There's a tavern in the town!

And then there was the guy who used to stand on tables at away pubs - particularly remember Southampton - to lead us in a military stylee song. I'm afraid all I remember of it was the 'Go left, go right, go pick up a stick, go left, go right, go le-eft!' bit. What ever happened to him?

That's my dad! He saw this thread and told me, he and my mum were laughing as everyone seemed to be talking of him like he was dead! His name is Nidge Burton, we both still have season tickets and STAND in the Darwen end. We moved there from years of boredom in BBurn End... The occasional "Barmy army" chant just wasn't enough for us. My dad's mob used to sing that at every away game, the others don't seem to have the passion for our once great Rovers anymore... Shame.

We both miss those days.

One of my favourite songs was another of my dads:

"They called him Jack Walker... They called him the king of the land, on that bright summers day, on the 14th of May... Stood there with that cup in his hand".

It goes on, but it's one song that always brought a tear to my eye, feels very heartfelt and has a great melody. Really wished we sang that one.

One of my favourite songs was another of my dads:

"They called him Jack Walker... They called him the king of the land, on that bright summers day, on the 14th of May... Stood there with that cup in his hand".

It goes on, but it's one song that always brought a tear to my eye, feels very heartfelt and has a great melody. Really wished we sang that one.

This is one of the old Rovers video's, and I think also on one of the tribute videos you can find to Jack Walker on Youtube ('The Club That Jack Built').

A few fans are singing it at Crewe, it's a great song!

That's my dad! He saw this thread and told me, he and my mum were laughing as everyone seemed to be talking of him like he was dead! His name is Nidge Burton, we both still have season tickets and STAND in the Darwen end. We moved there from years of boredom in BBurn End... The occasional "Barmy army" chant just wasn't enough for us. My dad's mob used to sing that at every away game, the others don't seem to have the passion for our once great Rovers anymore... Shame.

We both miss those days.

:brfcsmilie::brfcsmilie:

Fanstic song!

Is my memory playing tricks, but in the late 60s & 70s didn't we used to sing the old Elvis song, "Can't help falling in love with you"?

The New Seekers, 'Never ending Love' and Cilla Blacks 'Somethings gonna happen tonight' were always played aound that time,

maybe 'somethings gonna happen tonight is quite appropriate for today!

You are my sunshine. Then at the end the back of the Blackburn End all pushed forward, woe betide you if you weren't paying attention and ran forward :)

I rem that the day we were relegated at Boundary Park. It was sung like a sombre funeral dirge, it was amazingly effective and would be highly appropriate right now.

We both miss those days.

That vid was before the FA Cup SF at OT v Chelsea.

Top footballer was Nig, one of the six best players that I played against in the Sunday League when there just were some good uns turning out. Quite a few with solid professional experience too. I seem to rem Nig played for Morecambe on Saturdays too didn't he?

I believe it was Barton and Douglas

Fred Else ;)

Archived