SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Olsson wants out?

Muddboy

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I can't see him staying. I know his brother is here and won't be leaving, but other than that what reasons are there to stay at Rovers? He's not a Rovers fan, he'll get a bigger pay packet elsewhere, he'll play a higher standard of football elsewhere and most importantly he won't be managed by an absolute bell like Kean elsewhere.

Not all that fussed. If we were actually a football club, maybe I'd care about losing our best players. But with no new owner or manager on the horizon, it doesn't matter who plays for us.

Not all that fussed. If we were actually a football club, maybe I'd care about losing our best players. But with no new owner or manager on the horizon, it doesn't matter who plays for us.

Damage control. Eventually Kean and Venky's will be gone, I hope we're not a total wreck before then.

I would LOVE him to read this....

You didnt have a good season...

You were a liability

Worst left back I have seen in recent years...

Do you need a lift to sign for chelsea... I'll pay...

In reality, not many have had a good season, playing full back with Kean as manager must be soul destroying, poor tactics, no organisation, no cover and totally limited Martins ability to make forward runs.

A defence so strong under Allardyce becomes a sieve under Kean, horrible and schoolboy management and thats very unfair to the many good PE Teachers and coaches who look after young lads!!

He's not a left-back. He's got the technical ability but not the football intelligence and temperament. Playing there you need to know when to come inside to support your centre half and when to move out to block off the winger, you need to be able to see a dangerous situation developing and react in time to snuff it out. In short you need to be able to read the game, at the moment he can't do that. When he's in midfield he can more or less just run wherever he wants in a free role, then he's a good player. We'll be lucky to get much more thyan £3 or £4 million for him though the way things are at the moment.

I don't get why people still see him as a left back. Most things have just been said but look what happened to Salgado after Kean's "tactics" kicked in. And because being a defender is so much about learning to read the game this is why it takes till roughly the age of 30 to reach their prime.

He's an international, with premier league experience, is young and a very good left winger and I don't think we should accept anything less than £6 million. Hopefully he'll have an excellent Euro 2012 and we can maybe get closer to 10.

He's not a left-back. He's got the technical ability but not the football intelligence and temperament. Playing there you need to know when to come inside to support your centre half and when to move out to block off the winger, you need to be able to see a dangerous situation developing and react in time to snuff it out. In short you need to be able to read the game, at the moment he can't do that. When he's in midfield he can more or less just run wherever he wants in a free role, then he's a good player. We'll be lucky to get much more thyan £3 or £4 million for him though the way things are at the moment.

So you see a dangerous situation and he comes inside, then, with no support from the wide midfield man, the opposing full back or other pushes wide and enough space to pump the ball up before delivering the ball into the box, you defend as a team and attack as a team, we are, under Kean, unable to do that!

I don't get why people still see him as a left back. Most things have just been said but look what happened to Salgado after Kean's "tactics" kicked in. And because being a defender is so much about learning to read the game this is why it takes till roughly the age of 30 to reach their prime.

He's an international, with premier league experience, is young and a very good left winger and I don't think we should accept anything less than £6 million. Hopefully he'll have an excellent Euro 2012 and we can maybe get closer to 10.

£10m for olsson!!! U must be drunk no one will pay that! £3m at most.

Yup.

I hardly take a look at this forum. It would take one important decision to maybe change that. One massively important decision to definitely change that.

• 2 weeks later...

He certainly played like a £6-10m full back tonight. £3m tops is what i would pay. He is poor defensively.

Come on, 3 million is nothing at all in today's game. It would barely pay Pedersen's wage for a year and he's gash.

Interesting that Martin starts at left back for his country against both France and England, yet couldn't get a regular starting spot towards the end of the season for Blackburn. Kean choosing to play Marcus instead. Genius! :rolleyes:

Guest Rovers4Good

What you've got to realise is there are some good players in our squad an Martin Ollson is one of those. Playing under a manager that doesn't get the best out of his players is something that any player hates and it's shown last season with the poor performances week in week out.

We shouldn't be sl**ging off our players but instead doing that to the man that has put us in this mess as we all know that if big sam was still in charge then we should still be in the Prem so who's to blame? The owners and the manager not the players :(

Archived