BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Olsson wants out?

Muddboy

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I barely blame the players in all honesty. Apart from Pedersen and Dann who I wasn't impressed with. Robinson should have also dived a bit more but with all three I accept it is about the tactics/gameplan. It is also the manager's job to motivate the players. If 1 or 2 players weren't trying like they should be then I would mostly blame them but when it is at least half the team there is obviously a bigger issue that is present.

We spent 0 weeks outside the relegation zone in the first half of the season. 8 of the players who played also did when we came 10th 2 seasons earlier. The other 3 were Dann, Hoilett and Yakubu so how could it be the players?

Interesting that Martin starts at left back for his country against both France and England, yet couldn't get a regular starting spot towards the end of the season for Blackburn. Kean choosing to play Marcus instead. Genius! :rolleyes:

Kean was trying to inflate the transfer price for the sale of Marcus at the expense of overall team performance when we were in a relegation battle.

Player values are more important than points accorging to the Gospel of Kean!!!

Guest Rovers4Good

Surely he can do better than Wham and Stoke! Although he was VERY poor at the Euros...

Surely West Ham and Stoke is better than where he is now?

Also, he wasn't great at the euros but again at least he was there.

Surely West Ham and Stoke is better than where he is now?

Also, he wasn't great at the euros but again at least he was there.

I would say West Ham or Stoke is around his level at the moment. Poor second half of last season, not a great left back, a better left winger but very pace reliant.

On the podcast Juventus were mentioned, and Chlesea have been linked. Seem very odd to me. Not a CL player at all imo.

The Juventus links are a bit strenuous. He's been linked by one or two sites and it has been discussed on messageboards, but there appears to be little more than that for the time being. I can't see the Chelsea link being true, they simply don't need him.

I would say West Ham or Stoke is around his level at the moment. Poor second half of last season, not a great left back, a better left winger but very pace reliant.

On the podcast Juventus were mentioned, and Chlesea have been linked. Seem very odd to me. Not a CL player at all imo.

I would say he is at a higher standard than those teams. After all we used to be at a higher standard than those teams and he was one of our best players. For me, teams like Villa, Fulham and Everton should be his standard at the moment to guarantee he plays all the time.

Most wingers are pace reliant to be fair....it's not like he's Marcus Olsson and that's all he's got in his locker, he is skilful and tricky enough to beat players, and it requires talent to knock the ball one way past a player and then to run round him the other side and retain possession. He has also improved on his crossing imo.

I could see him at Chelsea if they hadn't just signed Marin and Hazard and I believe they're also after Hulk and another wide player. Utd have Nani and Young on the left, City wouldn't sign him, Arsenal have Podolski and Oxlade-Chamberlain on that side, Spurs have Bale and Liverpool are only heading in one direction and it isn't up.....I could see him at Newcastle also, and I think I read once that they had a bid of 3 million rejected last summer, with him on Ben Arfa on the wings with Cisse and Ba/his replacement up top.

I would say he is at a higher standard than those teams. After all we used to be at a higher standard than those teams and he was one of our best players. For me, teams like Villa, Fulham and Everton should be his standard at the moment to guarantee he plays all the time.

Most wingers are pace reliant to be fair....it's not like he's Marcus Olsson and that's all he's got in his locker, he is skilful and tricky enough to beat players, and it requires talent to knock the ball one way past a player and then to run round him the other side and retain possession. He has also improved on his crossing imo.

I could see him at Chelsea if they hadn't just signed Marin and Hazard and I believe they're also after Hulk and another wide player. Utd have Nani and Young on the left, City wouldn't sign him, Arsenal have Podolski and Oxlade-Chamberlain on that side, Spurs have Bale and Liverpool are only heading in one direction and it isn't up.....I could see him at Newcastle also, and I think I read once that they had a bid of 3 million rejected last summer, with him on Ben Arfa on the wings with Cisse and Ba/his replacement up top.

Dont really follow you there. Stoke have a very good side. Easily better than anything we have had since the days of Hughes. Have a decent chance of top half in my opinion. As do West Ham. I wouldn't really put anything in terms of quality of the players between Villa, Stoke, West Ham. Everton and Fulham do have marginally better players but very small squads susceptible to injuries.

Outside of the top six it's anyones shout next year. Anyone could finish seventh, anyone could be relegated.

For what it's worth I think the reaction on here to Bradley Orr's comments was a bit unfounded. I'd rather have a Bradley Orr type player at left back (more solid defensively) than Olsson. Yes, Olsson is good going forwards, but defensive play is hardly a strength of his.

Agreed, Ollson had his best games on the left wing

Unfortunately, with Kean's woeful eye for tactics we didn't see much of him there

Dont really follow you there. Stoke have a very good side. Easily better than anything we have had since the days of Hughes. Have a decent chance of top half in my opinion. As do West Ham. I wouldn't really put anything in terms of quality of the players between Villa, Stoke, West Ham. Everton and Fulham do have marginally better players but very small squads susceptible to injuries.

Outside of the top six it's anyones shout next year. Anyone could finish seventh, anyone could be relegated.

Stoke have a good side but nothing special imo..I would argue our team under Allardyce was better, mainly because of our defence...they finished the season 2 points ahead of Wigan as well.....who had a great end to the season sure but a pretty shocking first 3/4's of it......Although sure anyone can have a good season and finish in the top half, I wouldn't compare Stoke's squad to Villa, Everton or Fulham's.....not really.

Etherington is a very good player but Villa have the likes of Bent, Albrighton, N'zogbia, Given, and Ireland....Everton have players like Baines, Jagielka, Jelavic and Fellaini and Fulham have Duff, Dembele, Dempsey and Ruiz who has looked good.......Pennant is good but inconsistent and I suppose Crouch is a good player but next season I imagine after Utd, City, Arsenal and Chelsea get top 4....Spurs, Newcastle and Liverpool come next just ahead of another little group of Fulham, Everton and Villa.

Then imo 10th place is up for grabs which Stoke and West Ham will contend with most likely Sunderland, Swansea, QPR, West Brom, and then maybe Norwich or another promoted side.

I think he might go to Everton, QPR or Newcastle with a slight chance he'll go to Liverpool or abroad somewhere.

Fully agree. At £4m (or even £3m) we should snatch their hands off.

Can't see where you're coming from. Like I've said before, 3 million would only leave a bit of change after paying Pedersen's wages for the season. It's NOTHING in football today, and this is a good player with years ahead of him, securely contracted. Should be looking for double that. Whether anyone is interested in paying it is their problem. Isn't our asking price meant to be 8?

Fully agree. At £4m (or even £3m) we should snatch their hands off.

For what it's worth I think the reaction on here to Bradley Orr's comments was a bit unfounded.

No it wasn't. Orr came out when fans were hurting and spouted all sorts of rubbish about how good the manager was etc etc etc. Never once said sorry (even if he didn't mean it, it would have been nice to hear it) bigged up Kean and was quite rightly criticised.

Doesn't help anyone - just got peoplemore annoyed. he was pushed out there by the media men who somehow thought that this guy who had only just joined the club might placate us - he didn't. there is no being fair to Orr. He allied himself with Kean therefore he too is tarnished and won't get back what he has thrown away.

Let olsson go, he aint nowere near as good as ashley cole so i dont see were the chelsea "cole"replacement comes from ??FFS ashleycole was schooled in defending by players like Tony Adams(yes i know cole was a forward before he turned defender) ,olsson is great at running and taking the pressure off but doesn't have a trick when getting forward..

Archived