BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Olsson wants out?

Muddboy

Someone wo again thinks he is better than he is. Sweden ar enot the world champions and he is never going to get a move to a top 5 club in this country, Spain or Germany.

No, but he is more than capable of playing for most Premiership teams or teams in other top flights. So thinking he should play in a top flight is not 'thinking he is better than he is'. I can understand fully why he wants to leave. However, I wish he would remember that we plucked him from obscurity and give us one season of trying to help us out of our darkest hour.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, but he is more than capable of playing for most Premiership teams or teams in other top flights. So thinking he should play in a top flight is not 'thinking he is better than he is'. I can understand fully why he wants to leave. However, I wish he would remember that we plucked him from obscurity and give us one season of trying to help us out of our darkest hour.

I fully agree with this Bruce, however could anybody fault a player for wanting to get away from the deluded turd, I hate seeing the scumbag occasionally on the news/papers etc. but to have to listen to his BS daily would be torturous.

For most clubs, yes. However, it's difficult to have hard feelings for any player wanting to get away from the debacle at Ewood.

Let's be honest, they haven't sacked Kean. So, as the club aren't too bothered about giving us the best chance to get back up...then why should he or Nzonzi or whoever?

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn´t Stoke mentioned to be keen on Martin? They have now signed a Macedonian left back. Etherington is still there on left wing so they shouldn´t be looking for left siders.

Never underestimate the crazy mind of Tony Pullis. Any man who wears a baseball cap so often and signs Cameron Jerome is devoid of such logic.

• 2 weeks later...

Would take that, always liked warnock

Agreed but I don't think Warnock would take us even if we could afford his wages !!!

I think our stock, within the game, has fallen quite dramatically.

Warnock not yet at stage of looking to top-up his pension fund.

Villa set to offer £2.5 plus Warnock for Ollson: http://www.mirror.co...ckburns-1271009

A decent deal. Shame Olsson had sucha poor end to the season and a poor Euros as he was probably worth a few million more last Jan. such is life.

If Warnock wants to come (doubtful for me) it would make sense. He would offer us a bit of experience and steel too which we desperately need.

Neither are great defenders to be honest. Warnock is the braver man and always puts his body on the line to stop a shot or cross. But both are positionally poor. Warnock always looked good because he would throw himself into a tackle or block. The bigger picture often showed he did that because he was out of position in the first place. It is for this reason that he gives so many penalties away. Always looking to make amends for a mistake and diving in.

Warnock is 31 in December so he would fit in well with our ageing Dad's army XI.

Ewood Park - Retirement Home for Knackered Footballers. Proprietor: S Kean.

Ah, I thought he would be younger than that. Showing my age... at near on 31 Warnock is worth very little. Probably 4m plus Warnock would be nearer the mark. Incidentally we seem to have done a great deal to shift him for 7 million three years ago.

Archived