BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Custom PCs?

Always recommend Scan! (next to the Reebok if picking up) Loads of choice. scan.co.uk

By chance I've just been doing business with Scan for the first, and very probably last time. Placed my order for a bundle valued at over £500. I specifically requested no overclocking, collection and expected to collect on Saturday.

The confirmation comes back stating the system will be over-clocked, the delivery will be made to my home address. I called to enquire why the confirmation was different from my request and couldn't get any explanation for this though I'm told my requirements have been ordered correctly. The website clearly states order by 5.30pm today for delivery tomorrow so I thought asking to collect saturday was reasonable. I'm now told next day doesn't apply to systems, so why advertise it?, and it would not be ready till Friday 13th (worrying!).

Bloody awful first experience, would not recommend this company and will view the whole delivery with deep suspicion. Crap customer service who clearly didn't really understand the issue.

UPDATE - now had an e-mail saying ready in 24 hours. Joke or what?

Thanks for replies so far, but I'm leaning towards https://www.arbico.co.uk

Prices appear to be reasonable and customization is simples.

Scratch that.

I went with Cougar Extreme, who come highly recommended on sites like PCAdvisor, and saved a bundle than if I went with Arbico.

* AMD Athlon II X2 250

* 6GB DDR3 Kingston 1333 RAM

* 500GB SATA Hard Drive SATA 3 HD

* ATI HD 6450 1024MB

* CiT Vantage Black Case HD Audio Black Interior 4 Fans Card Reader

* Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit

Nothing ground-breaking I know but for under £400 I thought it was a pretty sweet deal.

Archived