BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Yakubu wants out

chaddyrovers

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He says he targets a quick return to the Premiership...

...a transfer ?

"It is sad that the club has gone down but we have to bounce back to the Premier League."

He also goes on about the togetherness of the squad. Not really dialogue of somebody who would be trying to cast the net out to potential suitors.

" we "

Yak, Junior, Robbo, Olsson, Givet.... :)

Dont get me wrong I'd love for him or any of the above to stay, but loyalty has become such a thing of the past at this club that its pointless pinning my hopes on him staying because he hopes the team bounces straight up. He's not getting younger than "29" so he needs (and deserves) a transfer if he's to spend the last few years of his career on a high.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At risk of being accused of pedantry, that isn't what the article says.

To be honest it's not pedantry as it's not even vaguely what it says. All it says is allardyce wants him. And completely separately he's going to have talks with another player and about other players.

Wow! The silly season is certainly in full flow now. We haven't a hope of surviving.

You don't think a striker who scored 17 goals in the PL last season has enough to keep us in the Championship?

You don't think a striker who scored 17 goals in the PL last season has enough to keep us in the Championship?

My good man, the current almighty Spanish team wouldn't keep Rovers up not with Stave Kean et al.

For anyone who wants some specifics the news over here is that he's heading for Guangzhou R and F

The article simply says 'Guangzhou', when the city actually has two very rich teams that are 1st and 3rd in the league

its like saying that player x is moving to English club Manchester...

Not quite sure why Venky's are spending big money on Danny Murphy but allowing Yakubu to go for big money. If they matched that money he'd be top scorer in the Championship.

And it'd mean Yakubu could back his best mate Steve.

Not quite sure why Venky's are spending big money on Danny Murphy but allowing Yakubu to go for big money. If they matched that money he'd be top scorer in the Championship.

And it'd mean Yakubu could back his best mate Steve.

That BBC link says he will get around £110,000 per week. No way on earth they would pay that.

Archived