BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Yakubu wants out

chaddyrovers

That BBC link says he will get around £110,000 per week. No way on earth they would pay that.

Yeah but Steve Kean's great, he'd probably take a wage cut just to play for him wouldn't he?

He won't be able to high-five Steve from China.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite sure why Venky's are spending big money on Danny Murphy but allowing Yakubu to go for big money. If they matched that money he'd be top scorer in the Championship.

Yakubu wont play in the championship again, he has already said he wont....Danny Murphy will.

Also the wage difference on Yak's and the chinese offer will be crazy. Non starter.

to think what we could have got for him if we hadnt inserted a relegation release clause, more great business sense from our esteemed owners. They obviously thought we wouldn't go down. These chineese clubs are paying a bomb for players nowadays

• Backroom

Good luck Yak you could hardly have done more, shame you were surrounded by dross.

Wish he was going to a better club mind

don't like it when players join clubs who offer big wages and then claim its not about the money, of course it's about the money, why would he have gone to china otherwise? the same thing applies to samuel eto'o, just insults the intellegence of the average fan when they claim that.

don't like it when players join clubs who offer big wages and then claim its not about the money, of course it's about the money, why would he have gone to china otherwise? the same thing applies to samuel eto'o, just insults the intellegence of the average fan when they claim that.

Yeh have to agree there.

At his age and after the season he had this could be his last chance to make a big money move to set himself and his family up for life. I have no problem with him doing what's best for him, but it's a little silly to then suggest it's not about the money when of course it is.

Ah well not many have had such an impact in a single season, perhaps only Bellamy in recent memory, shame it was it such a bad season overall for the club.

As already said, the key now is bringing in the right replacement.

It's their job though at the end of the day. If they said they were just going for the money then they would be criticised more. They retire at about 33 normally.

I'm not saying you are but I don't like people criticising players for going to a team that offers more money when they would do the exact same thing in their situation. Samuel Eto'o is on 300 grand a week after tax I think.....I couldn't care less what people thought of me if I was him.

Great player for us but not buying his age. Is he really only 29??

Who knows, there are a lot of rumours floating about regarding the ages of a lot of the Nigerian players with the records not being particularly accurate apparantley. I know a lot of the talk started from Obafemi Martins playing in the same youth team as Babayaro which going by todays age of Martins would have made him 11 at the time in an Under 17's team.

Kanu is apparantley in his mid 40's and Taribo West is thought by some to be in his mid 50's and he only retired a few years ago lol.

Who knows, there are a lot of rumours floating about regarding the ages of a lot of the Nigerian players with the records not being particularly accurate apparantley. I know a lot of the talk started from Obafemi Martins playing in the same youth team as Babayaro which going by todays age of Martins would have made him 11 at the time in an Under 17's team.

Kanu is apparantley in his mid 40's and Taribo West is thought by some to be in his mid 50's and he only retired a few years ago lol.

Kanu was his best at 18. Was he really atleast 25? What about Freddy Adu? Super talent at age 14. Maybe he was 24 then? Takes nothing away from Yak´s last season, he was superb goal scorer for our club. Takes everything away of his ambition to move China after the season he had. Yes, he is paid there better than any English club would pay. Money talks.

But that's exactly the point. It's about the money;nobody minds that it is;nobody blames him for wanting out or taking big wages so why not just be honest.

Because he would get blasted for it. "So yea basically I'm just going for the money". "Oh all these bloody mercenaries, wasn't like that in my day, no loyalty etc etc".

Some people would appreciate the honesty but I can't see a footballer ever doing it. We all know why he has gone there is no need for him to say it.

this is my favourite part from that sky article:

Yakubu had been looking to leave Blackburn following their relegation out of the Premier League last season and insists money played no part in his decision to head for China.

"Money cannot buy you happiness and what I have found from the people in China is love, happiness, sincerity and warmth and I can't wait to get started here," he said.

Hmm, what's that smell Yak?, oh yea, it's BULLSHYTE.

What is criminal about this whole transfer is that a player who scored 18 goals for a poor, poor team lead by a tactical dwarf goes for £1million, somebody needs a good booting for that.

PS I believe he went for the love, but I also believe in Santa and the Easter bunny

What is criminal about this whole transfer is that a player who scored 18 goals for a poor, poor team lead by a tactical dwarf goes for £1million, somebody needs a good booting for that.

PS I believe he went for the love, but I also believe in Santa and the Easter bunny

Having the clause in his contract is no different to what played out when we signed Bellamy. It may well be that he would not have signed without the clause, so are hands may have been tied. On top of that, as it is a relegation clause rather than simply being a minimum fee release clause, it isn't something that should have ever been an issue.

Archived