BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Man United Preview and Match Thread

Ozz

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big fear I have tonight is that Messers Young and Valencia will cause us huge problems in wide positions with their pace. A point would be fantastic but United will see this as a huge opportunity to gain a big advantage in the title race.

The Bolton wide men tore us to shreads and Young and Valencia are better so expect lots of crosses coming into the Rovers box. Hanley better be on form and able to do 2 shifts so as to cover up Dann's shortcomings.

I do expect the Yak to get one or even a couple tonight and maybe one from Hoilett too and MU are not worldbeaters so IF we defend well we are in with a chance.

Expect Coco to be quiet tonight as he's been running his mouth a lot recently.

United have bug incentive to win tonight, revenge for rovers winning at OT. Chance going. 5 pts above city. Hard to see Rovers getting anything out if this match. But stranger things have happened.

I fear a pasting tonight. But what do I know? I predicted a drubbing at the same fixture last season and was pleasantly amazed by a decent performance and a draw. I was so nervous for the game on new years eve that I didn't watch it, listened to the radio a bit and nearly crashed my car when Hanley scored!

So who knows?

Hoping and praying it is one of those twists in the season that pundits talk about and a surprising win or even draw for us.

Kean has won games against Liverpool, Arsenal and United in his time as boss here, so I would not discount us getting something from tonight-remember we are now operating in The Twylight Zone these days, so pretty much anything can happen. Here's a map of Blackburn , seen through the eyes of `Crazy` Steven Kean.

529777_10150897239275898_594900897_12636438_1221141313_n.jpg

3-0 to the Rovers

At the final whistle, Kean to be carried on the shoulders of the players round the pitch soaking up the applause from his devout supporters on all 4 sides of the ground.

In reality, 4-0 loss, back in the relegation zone.

I'm feeling strangely optimistic/delusional about tonight. Rovers 2-1 win. Nzonzi will need to have a monster of a game though.

Last night. I dreamt we won 2-1! yak and hanley, after scrambles from corners! :D:brfc:

I'm going to remain positive, by reminding myself this is a poor man utd.. and we've beaten them at old trafford. COYB! :brfc:

The ghosts of Keans love affair with all the good things the other managers yap about him, his dignity, the lack of nouse of the bolton games, wba and all the other pathetic displays come home to roost.

United will hammer us.

There is no pressure on them so they will pick us off 1 by 1.

KEAN OUT

Archived