BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Man United Preview and Match Thread

Ozz

I have to agree with Kamy utd will see this as a massive oppertunity to put a gap at the top, against most teams I would say the preassure on them could work in our favour but utd are experts at getting this kind of result.

It depends who their back line is, last time Yak made mince meat of them but the ball was played to his feet if we persist on playing aimless long ball like we have the last few games im only sure it will be another boring game to watch.

If we are going to play long ball we need to mix it up at least a little bit.

We have been so predictable IMO it only worked against wolves and sunderland because they were both so poor. Bolton played well and we made it far too easy for them so if we do the same tonight against utd it could be another massive loss.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on stopping United piling down the wings and thne slipping ball sinto the box to cause mayhem-I suggest we put in Bradley Orr as a conventional right back with Jason Lowe in front of him on the wide right of midfield. This should give us a bit of protection down the left wing and still have a bit of bite and endeavour down our right, when Orr could put in a couple of his bending crosses into the box. Down our left, Olson and Olson can do the same to nullify United down their right.

I expect Unitied to play off us-drawing us in-picking off the misplaced pass-and then gettting down the wings at pace before slipping balls into space in and around our box.

For us, Pederson's throws could unsettle their keeper again. Pile em in there.

My team (given that we have limited choices):-

Robinson, Orr, Dann, Hanley, Olson, Lowe, Pederson. NZonzi, Olson, Hoilett, Yakubu.

2-2

Can anybody confirm if true or not that we will receive 2 million as part of the Jones deal if United win the league this year?

Edit: Can't see it having a bearing on the match after all if anything dodgy was going on the old trafford game would have been "forfeited" and we would have attempted to give City a game twice this season. Just got told this today, and seems a decent deal if it's true

Can anybody confirm if true or not that we will receive 2 million as part of the Jones deal if United win the league this year?

Edit: Can't see it having a bearing on the match after all if anything dodgy was going on the old trafford game would have been "forfeited" and we would have attempted to give City a game twice this season. Just got told this today, and seems a decent deal if it's true

True, you just know who will be picking the team tonight :rolleyes:

I'm afraid tonight will be like the Bolton game........another gimme.

Really interesting reading the predictions. On paper this should be a drubbing but given Kean's previous for unlikely results, people are edging their bets. "You just never know".

For me, it's a comprehensive 3-0 win for United.

We'll know soon enough.

rovers to win 2 1 tonight!!!

when Man U come to Ewood they always have a tough game and struggle to beat us!!! Im feeling positive about tonight but we will see!!!

My Team for tonight game is Robinson, Orr, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson, Lowe, Pedersen, Nzonzi, Hoilett, Dunn, Yakubu.

Subs:- Bunn, Givet, Henley, Marcus Olsson, Petrovic, Modeste, Vukecvic!

Come On You Blues!!!!

• Backroom

4-0 united sadly for me

I hope there isnt too much in the way of protest from the stands tonight, its not that a disagree with it as such just it would do more harm to the cause than good and make the fans look really fickle especially as its live on tv

I hope we play 4-4-2 and give ourselves a chance rather than coming up with another new formation where no one knows what they are doing. Same applies to all the last 8 games. A draw would be good. I can see it being a dull game with Utd dominating possession but if we don"t make mistakes we might do OK as they aren't"t that great really.

• Backroom

People wanted lowe in midfield so it's a decent move although it means Hoilett back out wide.

Formica looks like he's working hard but hasn't produced much recently

People wanted lowe in midfield so it's a decent move although it means Hoilett back out wide.

That's probably what it means. But it could also mean either Orr on the right side of midfield and Hoilett staying central and Lowe still at rb. Or Pedersen on the right with Lowe in midfield. We'll know soon enough.

Formica looks like he's working hard but hasn't produced much recently

I would prefer Orr to be right mid to give Lowe some cover, with Hoilet just behind Yak.

Like some others I am feeling strangely confident that we might snatch a point. But it will only be if we score enough as I cannot see United failing to score a few against our defence.

SO my head says 4-1 win for Man U. But my heart is suggesting 2-2.

Kick off time approaching; head rules heart. Utd to win by 3 goals. I just hope it isn't as painful to watch as the Man City game...

If it is Orr to play RW then it should have been Vukcevic instead. If an average (at best, probably being generous) right back gets in there ahead of him he is in more trouble than I thought.

If it is Orr to play RW then it should have been Vukcevic instead. If an average (at best, probably being generous) right back gets in there ahead of him he is in more trouble than I thought.

I reckon/hope we'll set up like this

-----------Robinson

Orr Hanley Dann Marcus

--------Lowe Nzonzi

Hoilett Pedersen Martin

------------Yakubu

I dont think we'll see Orr on the right wing. Allowing Lowe to play in the middle gives the back 4 more protection and its probably better to have an out and out right back playing and not Lowe playing out position.

I foresee a long evening in store. Gut feeling: 3-1 to Utd.

Archived