BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Radio venkys oops rovers

Used to listen to it but I think it's an absolute joke now.

Jackson and Yardley are, IMO, mere puppets of Venky's and Agnew with no backbone and absolutely clueless about football.

Bring back Wendy Howard !!! Perhaps she spoke too many truths for some !!!

Used to listen to it but I think it's an absolute joke now.

Jackson and Yardley are, IMO, mere puppets of Venky's and Agnew with no backbone and absolutely clueless about football.

Bring back Wendy Howard !!! Perhaps she spoke too many truths for some !!!

Haha bring back Wendy.

Whilst we're at it lets get Grabbi, Kalinic and Di santo back too!

:wstu:

Also, thanks for clearing what was said up Abbey. Great insight. :tu:

After THAT Bolton game in December, they were actually quite cutting (for RR) in their criicism of Kean, folk rang up venting and Yardley was saying 'well it's a results business and maybe the owners need to change it'.

Obviously they thought his position was untenable at that stage, so they spoke their mind. However, as Kean is as safe as houses and very powerful inside the club, they

know which way their bread is buttered.

What does anyone expect?? They're employed by the club.. Yes its frustrating but you can't blame them for not criticising Kean/Venky's when any bad PR would lead to them losing their jobs. Same issue as Jason Roberts on 606. Its not difficult to understand why they come out with this stuff because they have very little choice.

I stopped listening to Radio Rovers years ago after a league cup defeat to Stockport at home...however can't imagine its improved much over the years. To be honest, I would be surprised if they get enough listeners to justify the cost of it?!?!

Any ITK's have access to (estimated) listening figures?

Haha bring back Wendy.

Whilst we're at it lets get Grabbi, Kalinic and Di santo back too!

:wstu:

Also, thanks for clearing what was said up Abbey. Great insight. :tu:

They said how well we had done in the 1st 15 mins ... We could have been 4 down.

They creamed all over kean and told him how well we'd done.... 0-2 and 30 % possession ... Yay super kean

You really are a patronising sniveller a la kean .

I stopped listening to Radio Rovers years ago after a league cup defeat to Stockport at home...however can't imagine its improved much over the years. To be honest, I would be surprised if they get enough listeners to justify the cost of it?!?!

Any ITK's have access to (estimated) listening figures?

I think that is a good point ....I don't listen and haven't done for years ...

With 5live and talksport cannot see many listening ...

• Moderation Lead

They said how well we had done in the 1st 15 mins ... We could have been 4 down.

They creamed all over kean and told him how well we'd done.... 0-2 and 30 % possession ... Yay super kean

You really are a patronising sniveller a la kean .

Think you might need some perspective, we were playing Man United.

We had chances of our own, and could have snatched something from the game, barring some great saves from De Gea and a cracking last ditch tackle from Ferdinand.

I hate Venky's and Kean as much as the next person, but it was a massive improvement on the Bolton game last night.

I think that is a good point ....I don't listen and haven't done for years ...

With 5live and talksport cannot see many listening ...

I do, as it is the only commentary I can get down here.

Is it really worse under Venkys than it was before. I doubt that"s possible to be fair. Always cracks me up when they spend half the post match time talking to some American boy who was following the game on teletext or something. Must be the world"s worst radio station and has always been a joke. Fair play though, Wendy was good and it"s a shame if she isn"t on anymore.

Is it really worse under Venkys than it was before. I doubt that"s possible to be fair. Always cracks me up when they spend half the post match time talking to some American boy who was following the game on teletext or something. Must be the world"s worst radio station and has always been a joke. Fair play though, Wendy was good and it"s a shame if she isn"t on anymore.

The American guy is the only caller who ever talks any sense. Most of the rest sound like they've come from a Victor Meldrew cloning factory. Maybe Venkys malign influence is causing them to go too far these days but I've always liked the positive attitude the presenters take. I remember coming home from games we'd won feeling happy as larry and then listening the callers on RR for 20 minutes made me feel like we'd got beat.

One's worse than the other, the guy who does the tannoy announcements? Don't know his name. He's a patronising moron to any caller who disagrees with Venky's/ Kean's tactics, particularly if they are struggling to get their point across, even though we all know where they are coming from. He'll patronise them and move on.

Archived