BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wayne Wild on Sky News tonight discussing takeover bid

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Bick said, based on what reliable sources have told him, that we are not for sale and Venkys are committed to the club.

I've been saying it since the Qatari fantasy. Nobody wants to hear it though so maybe making up stories and conspiracies is just more interesting?

I've been saying it since the Qatari fantasy. Nobody wants to hear it though so maybe making up stories and conspiracies is just more interesting?

Of course nobody wants to hear it?

Haven't you been paying attention? :rolleyes:

The very thought of Venkys being committed to the club is a complete joke!

I find it very interesting that MG comes out of the woodwork only when an interview is about to be aired, in which someone might just paint his employers in a not particularly attractive light.

As for the interview itself, to me it seemed that that the dice were (yet again - yawn!) loaded against Rovers fans prepared to criticise our current owners/manager; Messers Pompous and Arrogant had obviously already formed their stances and were merely prepared to tolerate snippets from Wayne - they weren't going to let him elucidate too much as that would require them to expound on their own comments, which they seemed to prefer to issue rather flippantly. Disappointing from Sky but why should I have expected anything else?

I wonder if Venky's are actually paying off the media to put one over on us Rovers fans?

Monday night saw Gary Neville announce to the footballing nation via Sky that Rovers fans had patched things up with Teflon,stopped protesting and we now all thought he was doing a sterling job?

We have all seen the ludicrous Anderson interview (again vis sky) and now this dismissive interview with Wayne Wild.

Again the question has to be asked...just what is really going on here? :unsure:

Disappointing from Sky but why should I have expected anything else?
I wonder if Venky's are actually paying off the media to put one over on us Rovers fans?

Well given this is a television station which never broadcasts any serious content and is ultimately run by the two most corrupt individuals in world media neither point surprises me.

What never ceases to surprise me is people actually watch Sky or buy any product associated with News Corporation.

For years I've been telling people Sky is the root of evil in football. I was always right, though I never dreamed the worst example would arrive at Ewood Park.

The day Sky arrived was the day football died, it's just a long and lingering death and we have quite reached the end.........yet

Nobody has mentioned the most important bit of news to come out of this interview. The number of people who have signed up for the initiative was stated by Randall as 700 (and Mr Wild didn't contradict this so it must be right).

The original numbers said 10,000 shares being sold for £1000 each was needed. 6 weeks after being launched it's only 7% of the way there (unless the good people who have pledged to invest can stretch to £14000 each on average).

Nobody has mentioned the most important bit of news to come out of this interview. The number of people who have signed up for the initiative was stated by Randall as 700 (and Mr Wild didn't contradict this so it must be right).

The original numbers said 10,000 shares being sold for £1000 each was needed. 6 weeks after being launched it's only 7% of the way there (unless the good people who have pledged to invest can stretch to £14000 each on average).

Walker Trust took years to find a buyer for the club and made a right ***** of it. I suspect people are waiting to see what happens by the middle of May.

The project probably needs some businesses on board to provide at least 50% of capital. It can still happen no one knows what Venkys will do if we are relegated

Walker Trust took years to find a buyer for the club and made a right ***** of it. I suspect people are waiting to see what happens by the middle of May.

The project probably needs some businesses on board to provide at least 50% of capital. It can still happen no one knows what Venkys will do if we are relegated

The most impressive aspect of the interview for me was the passion shown by wayne wild. As a 100% buyout I don't think this will work. As a joint buyout between businessmen (probably the two ian's) and the fans, this can most certainly work. We need passionate people like wayne wild owning the club and not business people like Mrs D.

So what's your point? Have you signed up? I haven't either but if these clowns manage to somehow do the right thing (they have little previous in this area) and put the club up for sale then I will and I'm sure they'll be a darn sight more than 700 rallying around this cause along with larger, wealthier, investors.

Meanwhile we'll have to contend with the disrespectful arrogant silence from Pune as the fan base quite literally disintegrates in front of their eyes.

Don't Quit

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,

When the funds are low and the debts are high

And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,

When care is pressing you down a bit,

Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,

As every one of us sometimes learns,

And many a failure turns about

When he might have won had he stuck it out;

Don't give up though the pace seems slow--

You may succeed with another blow,

Success is failure turned inside out--

The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,

And you never can tell how close you are,

It may be near when it seems so far;

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--

It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

Archived