BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wayne Wild on Sky News tonight discussing takeover bid

PAFELL ‏ @PAFELL17

If I owned Blackburn Rovers. I would not even consider selling to BRIST. Because of the link to BRAG.

What link is this exactly? I would be interested in knowing what his problem is this time, even though it is becoming tedious to say the least, another group of people (B.R.S.I.T) trying their best to resolve the situation are now being criticised as he sits accepting the situation, not sure what is problem is. Why he feels the need to verbally attack other supporters constantly is baffling

I tweeted Wayne Wild recently to get an idea of what roughy is pledged so far but he may have missed it.

Last figure i heard around about 7-10 days ago was around the million pound mark Tom. This plan will no doubt be stepped up another gear, following their meeting on Saturday

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PAFELL ‏ @PAFELL17

If I owned Blackburn Rovers. I would not even consider selling to BRIST. Because of the link to BRAG.

What is this bizarre grudge you have against BRAG? They are a few dozen lads and lasses who organise protests, sholdn't your ire be aimed elsewhere?

Yup - bizarre, repetitive and seems very personal grudge.

Give it up.

• Backroom

What link is this exactly? I would be interested in knowing what his problem is this time, even though it is becoming tedious to say the least, another group of people (B.R.S.I.T) trying their best to resolve the situation are now being criticised as he sits accepting the situation, not sure what is problem is. Why he feels the need to verbally attack other supporters constantly is baffling

Last figure i heard around about 7-10 days ago was around the million pound mark Tom. This plan will no doubt be stepped up another gear, following their meeting on Saturday

Cheers mark I think if it starts looking like becoming a reality more people will pitch up the cash.

Be interesting to get an exact figure, and how that number is made up...is it simply 1000 fans, or is it made up by one majority?

Cheers mark I think if it starts looking like becoming a reality more people will pitch up the cash.

I agree with that - but still lots of unanswered questions for me.

Because certains people's roles are not clear. Does he just want a fans takeover, or does he ultimately want power but cant afford it?

As for 'acceptable' - unless the BRSIT can get together a massive financial backer, how can it be acceptable??

Acceptable means a set of owners committed to the Rovers.

There are too many on this message board who on one hand had given up on going to Ewood but still spent an inordinate time on here talking about the club. Hopefully you're not one of them.

I didn't agree with the demonstrations, I still hope for a set of owners who will take the club forward, whether that is Venkys or someone else, failing that there needs to be an alternative strategy. What is yours?

PAFELL ‏ @PAFELL17

What is this bizarre grudge you have against BRAG? They are a few dozen lads and lasses who organise protests, sholdn't your ire be aimed elsewhere?

I believe I mentioned this sometime ago. Yes I have a grudge with BRAG. A while ago a threat was made in my wifes direction. Things like that I do not forget. Neither would you or others if the same happened to you.

But not all BRAG members have acted in that manner. As is often the case sometimes the behaviour of a few can damage the reputation of others.

I believe I mentioned this sometime ago. Yes I have a grudge with BRAG. A while ago a threat was made in my wifes direction. Things like that I do not forget. Neither would you or others if the same happened to you.

But not all BRAG members have acted in that manner. As is often the case sometimes the behaviour of a few can damage the reputation of others.

Where is the link to BRAG?

Interesting choice of words.

Was a threat made directly to her? If so, did you report it to the authorities?

• Moderation Lead

Acceptable means a set of owners committed to the Rovers.

There are too many on this message board who on one hand had given up on going to Ewood but still spent an inordinate time on here talking about the club. Hopefully you're not one of them.

I didn't agree with the demonstrations, I still hope for a set of owners who will take the club forward, whether that is Venkys or someone else, failing that there needs to be an alternative strategy. What is yours?

+1

BRSIT is the the best hope we have of a takeover/ridding the club of Venky's. I still maintain though- we would need someone (maybe a few people) substantially wealthy to put more than the required £1k in-

(Wayne Hemingway/Carl Fogarty/Ian Currie/Battersby?)

Where is the link to BRAG?

I will deal with that and any issue I have with brag, with those leading the action group directly, not on here. Somebody else chose to put my tweet from twitter on here, not me.

But putting aside any personal issue I have with BRAG aside. I really question how the fan ownership of the club, could work. I do not believe fans can raise enough funds to either to buy the club, let alone sustain it afterwards. 20% owned by fans yes. But it would need an individual / consortium to own the rest.

Be interesting to get an exact figure, and how that number is made up...is it simply 1000 fans, or is it made up by one majority?

When you submit your interest you're asked how many shares (á £1000 each) you're willing to commit to. Some of the bigger names and businesses who have pledged will probably have gone for more than one.

Just the one for me though at this time.

Just to clear things up, BRSIT Is a seperate entity and has no direct link with BRAG, or WEC. Grabko and Wild have come together through Grabko's initial business plan, which Wild has took it upon himself as a supporter, to try and do something with it.

He has got people to back it, from MPS, former players, high profile business men, and a number of supporters, including members of Brag, FF, BRST and any other supporter group.

As a committee, Brag have unaminously put our support behind the idea, although each individual is exactly that, and its their choice if they support or do not support the idea.

Brag members have also handed out 1000's of leaflets throughout the town, to help spread the word on what is the only public option out there for a possible takeover.

The link that some people keep referring to is my employment at WEC, Which has nothing to do with it, this is not a WEC Initiative, and was not born at WEC. As a supporter I have a choice like everyone else, support it, or dont. It has my 100% support. In fact I have very little dealings with Mr Wild, as he is a director of the company and the only things we discuss at work , is work and usually when something has gone wrong which is I have direct supervision of or control of.

I think its important that people understand that this is not the club sponsor trying to buy the club, this is just a fan trying to get lots to pool together to try and save the club should the worse happen. He is doing this as a supporter and this is being financed out of his own pocket and not WECS

Archived