BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] HOW MUCH MORE

Two things you have to bare in mind. The first is very very important.

It is an arrestable offence to enter the field of play without permission (for up to an hour after the game I'm reliably informed) as is encouraging others to do so (and we're pretty powerless to protect the identities of those who do so, should we be asked in the proper manner).

You're seen more and more people identified and arrested through social media comments. We don't have some special exemption from that.

Second. We're not dealing with regular owners.

Any form of protest needs an aim. Glen and Co have made sure anyone vaguely following football in the country is aware of our situation, so that aim has already been achieved. Normally the owners would have baulked at this and tried to protect their reputation. They didn't. Their reputation in the UK is damaged more than Gerald Ratner or Freddy Shepard managed. Normally more protests (or more protesters at the original protests) would have made a difference, but we're not dealing with normally owner, hell they ignored the plane stunt! All going on the pitch will achieve is a bunch of arrests and a media slating. It probably even get back to the key influencers at Venkys.

So, other than a few people feeling better because they "stood up to the man" or "made a difference", what will it achieve?

I know this is like being stood on the deck of the titanic watching us tilt and it's no fun, but neither grabbing a bucket, not shouting at the iceberg is going to help.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glenn's right. A pitch invasion might sound like a great idea but it'll only end up getting you banned from games (which could very well be a blessing in disguise). It won't make a blind bit of difference to the direction of the club and Venky's won't bat an eyelid at it.

The only power you can exercise is your right as a consumer. If you don't like the product, don't buy it. Simple as that.

Again, I think you're wrong on the consumer side.

I don't think complete removal of all fan spending would even raise the eyebrow of the Venky's company accountant. Even with zero fan based income, it would cost a comparative small percentage of their reserves to keep us out of administration (but tumbling down the leagues) and I believe they see that as preferable to the shame of admitting they got it wrong, or were bad advised or gave into the fans demands.

That seems nuts to us, but it's chicken feed to them (pun intended).

I wish I knew what the answer was. But if they won't sell, they won't spend, they won't talk and we're unable to influence them ..... I really don't see that we have any move left.

I don't think complete removal of all fan spending would even raise the eyebrow of the Venky's company accountant. Even with zero fan based income, it would cost a comparative small percentage of their reserves to keep us out of administration (but tumbling down the leagues) and I believe they see that as preferable to the shame of admitting they got it wrong, or were bad advised or gave into the fans demands.

That seems nuts to us, but it's chicken feed to them (pun intended).

I wish I knew what the answer was. But if they won't sell, they won't spend, they won't talk and we're unable to influence them ..... I really don't see that we have any move left.

Do not go , questions would be asked in other places .....

If gates really tumbled even the gutter press would realise something was not right ...

We need good investigative journalism to expose these people ...

Time and time again you are left wondering why they really purchased Rovers.?

The above highlighted is exactly how matters are in the cold light of day and its the strangest,most odd situation I have ever known at a football club.

Just what do hell do they want with us? this is a no win situation for all concerned....

Do not go , questions would be asked in other places .....

If gates really tumbled even the gutter press would realise something was not right ...

We need good investigative journalism to expose these people ...

The press know the score though and frankly there isn't much of a story to tell (Portsmouth is a much more interesting story, but most people didn't care as it wasn't their club. Are Leeds better off once they outed Bates as still owning them?). Blackburn has absentee owners who don't wish to put any more into the club (or sell it) and their home gates are really really low. Not much of a story is it?

I'm not trying to defend Venkys or the press, or criticize the protesters (at least they had a go), but I genuinely don't see how anyone outside of small number of people in India can make any kind of difference at this stage. It's depressing and I don't WANT to believe it, but I believe it's true.

Time and time again you are left wondering why they really purchased Rovers.?

The above highlighted is how matters are in the cold day of light and its the strangest,most odd situation I have ever known at a football club.

Just what do hell do they want with us? this is a no win situation for all concerned....

Why? My belief (backed up with no proof I'll admit, it's therefore speculation) is they were sold the idea of owning a Premiership club, without fully understanding the running costs and other ramifications of running an English company in such an unusual niche.

They now have pride preventing them selling and lack of experience in the field to make it a quick success.

As you say " this is a no win situation for all concerned.... "

Glen and Co have made sure anyone vaguely following football in the country is aware of our situation, so that aim has already been achieved. Normally the owners would have baulked at this and tried to protect their reputation. They didn't. Their reputation in the UK is damaged more than Gerald Ratner or Freddy Shepard managed.

What do they actually sell in the UK at the moment? Nothing.

There's talk of opening up a chicken shop in London. Wow. Talk. Just talk. They used to do a lot of that. One poxy chicken shop. 18 months in and they have no business presence in the country.

So damaging their reputation in the UK means nothing.

We've been over this before. What was the estimated total revenue from our season ticket sales? £5m?

£37m for coming last in the PL. That's the minimum payout. Then there's the parachute payments. Over four years? Someone will know the numbers.

So they bought us for £23m - that's covered thanks to Phil and a portion of Chris' transfers (that was easy enough wasn't it?) Reduce all costs to a minimum, just play the kids. Employ Cousin Cletus to run the UK operation. Employ some cheap nobody / bullshitter to manage the team and take the p!ss out of the press who can't be bothered to investigate to see what's happening in front of them.

So long term, not just short, we're well and truly knackered. They're accountable to no-one. Answer to no-one. The parasites will go when they have bled us dry and that's not for a while yet, there's millions to be had yet.

How the Premier League can justify this lack of transparency only they know. Why the Walker Trust have failed to act on Venkys breaking the agreement made at the time of sale is again anyone's guess (you can only conclude that they don't give a damn of course, or that it wasn't legally binding?).

HOW MUCH MORE? Since Wigan in November when one of the clueless ones said "we know what we have to do" they haven't uttered a word in public. They are below contempt. This could go on for years yet, all at our expense. Unless Desai does something morally correct of course. That would be a surprise.

What do they actually sell in the UK at the moment? Nothing.

There's talk of opening up a chicken shop in London. Wow. Talk. Just talk. They used to do a lot of that. One poxy chicken shop. 18 months in and they have no business presence in the country.

So damaging their reputation in the UK means nothing.

We've been over this before. What was the estimated total revenue from our season ticket sales? £5m?

£37m for coming last in the PL. That's the minimum payout. Then there's the parachute payments. Over four years? Someone will know the numbers.

So they bought us for £23m - that's covered thanks to Phil and a portion of Chris' transfers (that was easy enough wasn't it?) Reduce all costs to a minimum, just play the kids. Employ Cousin Cletus to run the UK operation. Employ some cheap nobody / bullshitter to manage the team and take the p!ss out of the press who can't be bothered to investigate to see what's happening in front of them.

So long term, not just short, we're well and truly knackered. They're accountable to no-one. Answer to no-one. The parasites will go when they have bled us dry and that's not for a while yet, there's millions to be had yet.

How the Premier League can justify this lack of transparency only they know. Why the Walker Trust have failed to act on Venkys breaking the agreement made at the time of sale is again anyone's guess (you can only conclude that they don't give a damn of course, or that it wasn't legally binding?).

HOW MUCH MORE? Since Wigan in November when one of the clueless ones said "we know what we have to do" they haven't uttered a word in public. They are below contempt. This could go on for years yet, all at our expense. Unless Desai does something morally correct of course. That would be a surprise.

Very good post bob

Glenn's right. A pitch invasion might sound like a great idea but it'll only end up getting you banned from games (which could very well be a blessing in disguise). It won't make a blind bit of difference to the direction of the club and Venky's won't bat an eyelid at it.

The only power you can exercise is your right as a consumer. If you don't like the product, don't buy it. Simple as that.

I disagree, the owners are in a bubble that's carefully managed by the people around them. Direct action on a match day that arrives in chateau Venkys whilst watching the game will let them know how people feel.

These people listen to Kean and Agnew on a regular basis so also have their heads planted firmly in the clouds, also think they have the fans in there pocket after the Pune freebie, so they need to know the real feeling amoungst the fans.

They now have pride preventing them selling and lack of experience in the field to make it a quick success.

If this is true, then they are neither football club owners nor serious business people.

Successful Premier League clubs (by and large) are owned by people who can afford a plaything, a hobby. Championship clubs require and element of this, some business accumen and some hard work. Any lower and you are into raiding the kids' piggy banks, groping around behind the sofa, and otherwise working damn hard raising funds, and identifying closely with your supporters.

Our lot act like of a group of privileged children who inherited their daddy's already successful company and think that gives them credibility.

Which business person lets their heart rule their head? An unsuccessful one.

i propose we hit them with a major and i mean major leaflet campaigne, if thats not enough then im sorry its time for the t-shirts, 'venkys out' 'anyone else in' and if thats not enough then i dont know what will be!!!

I disagree, the owners are in a bubble that's carefully managed by the people around them. Direct action on a match day that arrives in chateau Venkys whilst watching the game will let them know how people feel.

These people listen to Kean and Agnew on a regular basis so also have their heads planted firmly in the clouds, also think they have the fans in there pocket after the Pune freebie, so they need to know the real feeling amoungst the fans.

We're told they have the same TV feed that Sky use. So if they're watching games, how could they be unaware of the banners, the chanting, even the plane! That feed has covered all of this. Hell, they even had several "face to face" protests at Wigan (from the posh seats, not us working class ioks), nobody could spin or sugar coat that, if they could, we'd still be seeing them at games. Whilst I don't doubt people tell them what they want to hear, I'm confident they know the feeling of hatred towards them (and Bala was told on the Pune trip, that if Kean wasn't gone soon, the anger and hatred would quickly shift to them).

A pitch invasion needs to come from different areas of the ground so that makes it very difficult..

Careful, the last time I mentioned a pitch invasion the Stasi on here banned me for a month.

You know what, a pitch invasion is a fantastic way of protesting

Same goes for you too

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

It is extremely hard to be positive in such a climate. The level of moral bankruptcy that the owners show the fans is hard to take.

YET - the club would/will not exist WITHOUT the fans. We have the final say, staying away just forfeits your voice.

The proudest town club in the land still has enough followers to come back from any mess the current regime leave.

This may be a long way down the line - but the amount of action taken to this point makes me believe that if the worst thing happens, we will survive any storm.

ALAS - We are on our own. I cannot see us being saved by Qataris, The press, the FA, FIFA, LMA, parliament etc -

Positive support through a negative era defines the fan base and a united front.

Thing is that it takes sustained campaigns to (sometimes) make an impact - the Rao family won't like their brand/name being tarnished and, for example, I'm pretty sure they are not a fan of the banners being inside the ground (which in turn are broadcast to the wider public).

Careful, the last time I mentioned a pitch invasion the Stasi on here banned me for a month.

Same goes for you too

It was the fallout from that episode that caused me to post the above warning. I'm trying to avoid all that happening again (and I don't mean just the ban).

Take the warning in red seriously guys, this isn't me worrying over some hypothetical situation.

Boycott games and do not renew season tickets .....

That is not only the most sensible, and effective way to make the owners take notice of our feelings, but it is also the only lawful way as well. And it is exactly what I have been doing since I walked off after the Everton match finished back in August. I vowed then that I would not waste my time and considerable expense travelling down to watch crap like that for as long as Kean remained in post and/or Venkys remained our owners.

I will also most definitely NOT be renewing my ST either until these objectives are achieved, and if that means never seeing the inside of Ewood Park again for whatever time I have left. then so be it.

Would the FF members be prepared to make a united statement in comdemnation of what they were told/what has happened...if the local and national media got hold of the story it could cause quite a stir.Tom,Roversmum I would be quite interested in your views.

I dont think we have many more options left.

Would the FF members be prepared to make a united statement in comdemnation of what they were told/what has happened...if the local and national media got hold of the story it could cause quite a stir.Tom,Roversmum I would be quite interested in your views.

We've been here before SG. The FF did release a statement and they barely managed to agree on the wording for that damp squib...

They could not even agree a post visit report of their freebie to Poona.

Archived