BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] HOW MUCH MORE

That is not only the most sensible, and effective way to make the owners take notice of our feelings, but it is also the only lawful way as well. And it is exactly what I have been doing since I walked off after the Everton match finished back in August. I vowed then that I would not waste my time and considerable expense travelling down to watch crap like that for as long as Kean remained in post and/or Venkys remained our owners.

I will also most definitely NOT be renewing my ST either until these objectives are achieved, and if that means never seeing the inside of Ewood Park again for whatever time I have left. then so be it.

A heart-breaking post end to your post, Fife.

I've used my season ticket probably half as often as I usually would in the course of a season and have recently been thinking that I'm counting down to the last Premier League games I'll see at Ewood.

I've posted on here before how, despite having been at Wembley for the play-off win, I couldn't quite believe my eyes when in August 1992, I saw Tony Adams leading Arsenal out for our first Premier League home game.

Now, thanks to Mrs Desai, her family and their puppet, the best part of 60 years watching Rovers is coming to an end. Thanks a lot. :angry2:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A heart-breaking post end to your post, Fife.

I've used my season ticket probably half as often as I usually would in the course of a season and have recently been thinking that I'm counting down to the last Premier League games I'll see at Ewood.

I've posted on here before how, despite having been at Wembley for the play-off win, I couldn't quite believe my eyes when in August 1992, I saw Tony Adams leading Arsenal out for our first Premier League home game.

Now, thanks to Mrs Desai, her family and their puppet, the best part of 60 years watching Rovers is coming to an end. Thanks a lot. :angry2:

Your post, and that of Fife, should be forwarded to the LET and those fools who own Rovers.

Careful, the last time I mentioned a pitch invasion the Stasi on here banned me for a month.

Thats because you don't know when to shut up, and its hard to invade the pitch from the JW upper :D

• Backroom

id just like to know , how many of the so called chosen few, who went to pune , still believe

the crap they were told over there.

come-on guys be honest.:unsure:

I think the fact that I'm no longer on the fans forum and attended the last protest and my support to BRAGs aims indicate my view.

If that's not clear enough then I believe we are utterly screwed under these guys, I will only speak for myself here but I put my name in the hat to go to Pune as i saw it as a chance to put some concerns to the owners and hear what they had to say. The trip ultimately failed but what I will always stand by is that when given the chance both myself and the group did all we could to get some questions and concerns put directly to them.

Where I went wrong is giving them the benefit for too long.

I now believe that as screwed as we are we are also equally powerless especially after reading how much they are due even if we finish bottom, there are still saleable assets here and I don't think they will leave until they have got all they can, it's an investment for them nothing more. At one stage I think they wanted to make something of it but that time has passed, now we are just another wing of the VH group.

The family are in a bubble there, they will never even see any of the fallout when they finally decide to let the carcass go so why sell whilst there is still money to be made?

It's grim

I think the fact that I'm no longer on the fans forum and attended the last protest and my support to BRAGs aims indicate my view.

If that's not clear enough then I believe we are utterly screwed under these guys, I will only speak for myself here but I put my name in the hat to go to Pune as i saw it as a chance to put some concerns to the owners and hear what they had to say. The trip ultimately failed but what I will always stand by is that when given the chance both myself and the group did all we could to get some questions and concerns put directly to them.

I now believe that as screwed as we are we are also equally powerless especially after reading how much they are due even if we finish bottom, there are still saleable assets here and I don't think they will leave until they have got all they can, it's an investment for them nothing more. At one stage I think they wanted to make something of it but that time has passed, now we are just another wing of the VH group.

The family are in a bubble there, they will never even see any of the fallout when they finally decide to let the carcass go so why sell whilst there is still money to be made?

It's grim

As forensic an analysis as you are going to get - and from someone who has spoken directly to Belaji - pretty cold when you put it like that Tom.

Everything that has happened so far backs up that bit in bold.

I'm not sure what's worse to accept: that we are powerless to do anything; that nothing we do would make any difference; or that no-one gives a ######.

• Backroom

Stuart I just think we are kind of ignored, it wouldn't surprise me is if the only time mrs d even mentions the club is in a routine weekly rundown of company accounts.

All guesswork but I imagine just enough money is set aside (the bare minimum) to keep things ticking over and that's it they just leave it be and forget about it until there is a chance to bring some more money in.

Unfortunately we may have to accept all three with gritted teeth.Even the likes of Glen Mullan/Wayne Wild have gone very quiet of late..I fear the Pune B'stards have out witted us all.

:(

I'm not sure what's worse to accept: that we are powerless to do anything; that nothing we do would make any difference; or that no-one gives a ######.

Stuart I just think we are kind of ignored, it wouldn't surprise me is if the only time mrs d even mentions the club is in a routine weekly rundown of company accounts.

All guesswork but I imagine just enough money is set aside (the bare minimum) to keep things ticking over and that's it they just leave it be and forget about it until there is a chance to bring some more money in.

Do you mean to bring some money into VH Group (out of Rovers) or bring some more money into Rovers (through e.g. player sales)?

Or something else?

Thanks for the honesty as usual Tom. Given your comments above I would expect all the Poona's, and the hangers on, to be open and public with their criticism of the Venky's. So come on Ewood Sparky, Mum etc.

It's grim

PB said (in the middle of Tom's post!): "Thanks for the honesty as usual Tom. Given your comments above I would expect all the Poona's, and the hangers on, to be open and public with their criticism of the Venky's. So come on Ewood Sparky, Mum etc."

Go and have a look at what Savio posted in the Liverpool match preview thread.

Perhaps there is something going on in the background? Or maybe he's just blown her cover!

• Backroom

Do you mean to bring some money into VH Group (out of Rovers) or bring some more money into Rovers (through e.g. player sales)?

Or something else?

Like I say my (personal and unfounded) view is we are nothing but a vessel to make money now and should an opportunity arise to bring more money in come along they will take it. Player sales and then replacing the players with cheaper alternatives would be attractive as would reducing the wage bill just as any business looks to reduce operating costs.

I would like to be proven wrong, I usually am off the mark.

We're told they have the same TV feed that Sky use. So if they're watching games, how could they be unaware of the banners, the chanting, even the plane! That feed has covered all of this. Hell, they even had several "face to face" protests at Wigan (from the posh seats, not us working class ioks), nobody could spin or sugar coat that, if they could, we'd still be seeing them at games. Whilst I don't doubt people tell them what they want to hear, I'm confident they know the feeling of hatred towards them (and Bala was told on the Pune trip, that if Kean wasn't gone soon, the anger and hatred would quickly shift to them).

i dont sit in posh seats and i told them exactly what i and fans thought of them before pie plod moved me on. I would still love a face to face with them and have a chat.

Thats because you don't know when to shut up, and its hard to invade the pitch from the JW upper :D

and he would trip up over his teeth and his zimmer.His bag would leak p%%% all over the grass to killing the grass.

Ever seen me abseiling down a tartan rug Gav? Thought not. Bloomin' youngsters.

BTW - if someone has a home address, not a business address for Balaji [or Mrs D] - and someone must have, any chance that you could forward it to me via PM please? Don't worry, I'm not about to abuse that in any way whatsoever.

Like I say my (personal and unfounded) view is we are nothing but a vessel to make money now and should an opportunity arise to bring more money in come along they will take it. Player sales and then replacing the players with cheaper alternatives would be attractive as would reducing the wage bill just as any business looks to reduce operating costs.

I would like to be proven wrong, I usually am off the mark.

Nothing that has happened to date makes me thing you will be wide of the mark. In fact, selling players and replacing them with cheaper versions seems to be the M.O.

If the plan is for us to wash our own faces, something Jack - whose ambition that was - never managed to fully achieve, then we have two options:

1) Continue to play for Premier League survival and use the money to support operating costs

2) Live purely within the means of sponsorship, match day ticket and merchandise sales

If they are ignoring us, and continuing to sell our "better" players then 1) will be by luck rather than good management (at any level).

If their plan is 2), then not gettin a sponsor and alienating the fan base does not stack up - due to our dwindling supporter base we will be down at League 2 level before we are breaking even.

The only positive I can see coming out of this is that we should be debt free - for a while at least - but we have definitely paid the price for it.

Nothing that has happened to date makes me thing you will be wide of the mark. In fact, selling players and replacing them with cheaper versions seems to be the M.O.

If the plan is for us to wash our own faces, something Jack - whose ambition that was - never managed to fully achieve, then we have two options:

1) Continue to play for Premier League survival and use the money to support operating costs

2) Live purely within the means of sponsorship, match day ticket and merchandise sales

If they are ignoring us, and continuing to sell our "better" players then 1) will be by luck rather than good management (at any level).

If their plan is 2), then not gettin a sponsor and alienating the fan base does not stack up - due to our dwindling supporter base we will be down at League 2 level before we are breaking even.

The only positive I can see coming out of this is that we should be debt free - for a while at least - but we have definitely paid the price for it.

when it comes to venkys the only thing these tossers care about is advertising whether godd or bad the name venkys and they have done us over so chicken easy.

Sorry Stuart, how on earth will we be debt free at the end of it all?

What with those agents fees to pay our money could end up with anyone or in any country, indirectly. For example. Then you have Brazilian chicken farmer / advisor fees. I bet he didn't come cheap. I bet there are hidden costs everywhere jumping out at them. £2m per annum for a ninja cabbie? 28th choice centre half on 30k a week perhaps?

Anyway, I can't see how BRFC will be debt free when Venkys eventually decide to leave. I mean they aren't still here for the fun of it are they?

Sorry Stuart, how on earth will we be debt free at the end of it all?

What with those agents fees to pay our money could end up with anyone or in any country, indirectly. For example. Then you have Brazilian chicken farmer / advisor fees. I bet he didn't come cheap. I bet there are hidden costs everywhere jumping out at them. £2m per annum for a ninja cabbie? 28th choice centre half on 30k a week perhaps?

Anyway, I can't see how BRFC will be debt free when Venkys eventually decide to leave. I mean they aren't still here for the fun of it are they?

If they put the club up for sale with debt attached then it will show once and for all that money raised through player sales and most of the Sky money has been taken out of the club. We continue to be assured my the "balanced" posters on here that that isn't happening.

Ergo I'm using that as a baseline assumption. Not saying I'm right but saying that a debt free position should be the case.

Ergo I'm using that as a baseline assumption. Not saying I'm right but saying that a debt free position should be the case.

Fair do's fella.

Its probably just my cynical silly imagination. :unsure:

The accounts should tell us an awful lot, when are they next due?

this just got biblical...

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of Steve Kean, and the tyranny of evil Venkys. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds Coco through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and a seventh dan in karate. And she will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to bring banners into Ewood that ridicule her idiot brothers. And you will know her name is Desai, when she lay's her vengeance upon thee..

Fair do's fella.

Its probably just my cynical silly imagination. :unsure:

The accounts should tell us an awful lot, when are they next due?

This financial year doesnt finish until 30.06.12, so the Accounts should be due 31.12.12

They should make for better reading, but as with everything down at Ewood these days, does anybody really know?!?!

this just got biblical...

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of Steve Kean, and the tyranny of evil Venkys. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds Coco through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and a seventh dan in karate. And she will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to bring banners into Ewood that ridicule her idiot brothers. And you will know her name is Desai, when she lay's her vengeance upon thee..

Do you know someone called Tashor? :P

This financial year doesnt finish until 30.06.12, so the Accounts should be due 31.12.12

They should make for better reading, but as with everything down at Ewood these days, does anybody really know?!?!

"Better reading"?------only to the Raos perhaps given where we will likely be and the state will be in.

If you only care about the bottom line then I suppose its possible.........

Archived