BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] HOW MUCH MORE

I don't think having an empty stadium would really have any massive effect. It would just prompt some more of the old "Blackburn don't deserve to have a premiership team" type comments that you hear so often in the media when they mock our small away followings.

I've a feeling that by the time the stadium resembles a ghost town we wont have so any debate will be easily dismissed.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I've a feeling that by the time the stadium resembles a ghost town we wont have so any debate will be easily dismissed.

Agreed, by that point we'll probably be well on our way to oblivion anyway.

• Moderation Lead

I'm sorry, but I don't think that even if 20,000 people were on the marches, outside the director's box, outside Venky Towers kicking off Kean would have been sacked.

Time and again Venky's have shown nothing but contempt to us the fans- what makes anyone think that our questioning of their methods would result in a 'positive' (sorry) outcome?

They clearly haven't got any money, never mind the amount that it would cost to bin Kean, thanks to his ill-earned bumper contract.

This is the exact scenario that shouldn't have happened- fans vs fans, when the problem lies (literally) in India, with our clueless, disinterested, out of their depth owners. All this point scoring about taking action, and 'I can sleep at night' bunkum is symptomatic of the circus that has been the Venky's ownership of the club.

I'm pretty sure that even the comfiest of fence dwellers wouldn't shed a tear if the whole family was hit by a bus tomorrow.

If you want someone to blame, look to Pune.

I have never agreed so completely with a post as I agree with this.

I decided not to go again before the Utd game because, a ) I didn't actually care whether we won or lost, if I don't care about that game what is the point, and b ) I refuse to sit making a dick of myself whilst all around people sit on their hands in silence while the club slowly dies.

I won't be going again while venkean are in charge, unless there are some meaningful protests, we need to disrupt the game in some way at the very least and Tuesday one of the last chances while TV are at Ewood.

THAT IS ENCOURAGING CRIMINAL BEHAVIOUR. EVEN WORSE WHEN YOU HAVE SAID YOU WILL NOT BE THERE YOURSELF.

The real protest will be next season when there are 7000 on, but yes it will be too late.

The thought of that scumbag talking his unique brand of tripe when we are in the Championship actually makes me feel ill.

August:

'We will bounce straight back'

February, when we are still in the bottom half:

'play offs are still on, says Kean'

Come April when we've slid to the bottom 6:

'Kean warcry: No chance of relegation, we have a strong squad'

All merrily reported on by the LT.

I said to my best mate at the gym yesterday, there has never been an owner or manager that deserves to go down more the those at Blackburn, Kean and Venkys have become Blackburn and out of all the teams I really can;t help but feel that relegation is more then deserved.

The thought of that scumbag talking his unique brand of tripe when we are in the Championship actually makes me feel ill.

August:

Sounds worryingly accurate.

August:

''The defeats against Burnley and Doncaster at home were down to their pure luck,we were in their box so many times...we have to crack on,people can see what we are trying to do,we have to take the positives''

AARRRGGGGG!! :angry2:

WILL IT TAKE FOR NON PROTESTERS TO GROW A PAIR AND SHOW THE NATION THAT KEAN IS HATED AND SO ARE THE VENKYSCUM??????

waiting to not renew isnt protesting ..IT WILL BE TOO LATE THEN!!!!

Sign of many modern football fans Abbey - and I include ours. Wayne Rooney threatens to leave united, a few fans help to change his mind but for so many fans now I think there is a real sense of helplessness, a feeling that they cannot do anything.

About a year too late, boys.

They won. Not just Venkys and Kean, most of the rest of the premiership who can't stand the fact that we (for many years in the past) achieved so much with far fewer resources than them. It took them a long time, but they have won.

There is no hope.

I'm not sure there is any great conspiracy here, no club in football, let alone the Prem, gives two hoots about any other club or their fate. Those who feed around the bottom of the Prem are happy to see any club struggling as long as it helps keep their noses in the trough. Can you recall an sympathy for Portsmouth? Nope the league just showed embarrassment and concern over the brand damage.

Couldn't agree more Abbey, the apathetic support is just as much to blame for not taking the protests more seriously IMO.

If people would have come out in protest when they had the chance we'd have had some sort of momentum by now, but no they sit on their arses and watch things go down hill.

1000 fans outside the main entrance after home games would make people sit up and take note, hammering Kean win lose or draw, but sadly Blackburn fans don't know how to protest, been brought up on champagne football.

Oh well, championship here come....

See my reply to Abbey above, its not just Rovers, would probably be the same at most clubs, including mine. Sad and sorry state that is.

I'm not sure there is any great conspiracy here, no club in football, let alone the Prem, gives two hoots about any other club or their fate. Those who feed around the bottom of the Prem are happy to see any club struggling as long as it helps keep their noses in the trough. Can you recall an sympathy for Portsmouth? Nope the league just showed embarrassment and concern over the brand damage.

Bang on longers. (Though I hav felt sympathy for Pompey fans)

Back page of the Times this morning ''Pool crisis'- Why? Because an experienced keeper in Brad jones will be in the net for an FA Cup semi final.

Whilst a club ACTUALLY in crisis get hardly a mention in the match report inside.

The media ONLY care about the 'big clubs' and the 'plucky underdog' stories, this season Norwich and Swansea.

Small club with crap owners go down, no story here, oh look West Ham are back!

Longsiders,putting local rivalry aside,I just hope to God you never have owners who are as stupid,reckless and arrogant as the ones who have got through the back door and into Ewood right now.

Its been said before but Burnley fans in charge of our club could not have done a better job in dismantling it!

Bang on longers. (Though I hav felt sympathy for Pompey fans)

Back page of the Times this morning ''Pool crisis'- Why? Because an experienced keeper in Brad jones will be in the net for an FA Cup semi final.

Whilst a club ACTUALLY in crisis get hardly a mention in the match report inside.

The media ONLY care about the 'big clubs' and the 'plucky underdog' stories, this season Norwich and Swansea.

Small club with crap owners go down, no story here, oh look West Ham are back!

And have you had much reciprocal sympathy?

Funny thing is with Portsmouth a lot of people have said, 'I don't recall the fans complaining when the owners were overspending, effectively cheating, and getting to cup finals'. Yet with Rovers fans, who have tried to protest, to highlight the developing situation before it became a crisis, are vilified. Its really is a funny old game.

Longsiders,putting local rivalry aside,I just hope to God you never have owners who are as stupid,reckless and arrogant as the ones who have got through the back door and into Ewood right now.

Its been said before but Burnley fans in charge of our club could not have done a better job in dismantling it!

Don't think I'm not worried. Kilby isn't perfect but overall he's done a good job of leading us from the lower leagues and effectively keeping us in the top 30 in the country. I worry about the people who are waiting in the wings to take over in the summer. I fear we could soon be in a pretty poor situation ourselves soon enough. Your example of how quickly and easily you can destroy a club and its infrastructure should be (and may well yet prove to be) a salutary lesson for the whole of football - especially those supposed to be tasked with the governance of our game.

Thing his longers even if nowt can be done at least like a striking miner and we do go bust , I can tell my grandkids and they can tell there's that I've at least stood alongside 20 other fans who tried to show the nation what we thought . I'm at the despair point today and I'm amashamed that there were not thousands on nuttall st after last nights farce.

Thing his longers even if nowt can be done at least like a striking miner and we do go bust , I can tell my grandkids and they can tell there's that I've at least stood alongside 20 other fans who tried to show the nation what we thought . I'm at the despair point today and I'm amashamed that there were not thousands on nuttall st after last nights farce.

Oh I agree Abbey but I think we are a dying breed. We started watching football when people largely supported their local team, when even small teams at least had a chance at the top table (look at the list of the original Premier League teams), where frankly fighting for your club sometimes literally meant that. Times when you were proud of your club for simply that, they were yours, not because of the glory of success.

Many modern fans just don't seem to be the same. Their club is a brand and they turn up each week, sit back and wait for the players to entertain them. In my youth we were watching 4th division rubbish most weeks, we had to entertain ourselves on the terraces, we sang, danced about like idiots, celebrated each goal like it was the world cup final, even if we were already 4 down. Jesus I sound old.

(I am guessing we are a similar age here by the way)

Many modern fans just don't seem to be the same. Their club is a brand and they turn up each week, sit back and wait for the players to entertain them. In my youth we were watching 4th division rubbish most weeks, we had to entertain ourselves on the terraces, we sang, danced about like idiots, celebrated each goal like it was the world cup final, even if we were already 4 down. Jesus I sound old.

Wow LS!

brought a tear to my eyes - somebody else who feels like me and he is from the sworn enemy :rolleyes:

Unfortunately testament to how the game has gone , and would appear not to just P/L (soon to be Ex) Clubs

Although I colud still dance about like an idiot if the situation could arise

I said to my best mate at the gym yesterday, there has never been an owner or manager that deserves to go down more the those at Blackburn, Kean and Venkys have become Blackburn and out of all the teams I really can;t help but feel that relegation is more then deserved.

nodrog said the very same thing a couple of days ago, couldn't agree more chris.

Wow LS!

brought a tear to my eyes - somebody else who feels like me and he is from the sworn enemy :rolleyes:

Unfortunately testament to how the game has gone , and would appear not to just P/L (soon to be Ex) Clubs

Although I colud still dance about like an idiot if the situation could arise

Archived