BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Swansea v Rovers Preview

I'll be there with 11 others for a friends stag do. Weekend in Cardiff was the plan but managed to convince them that a little trip to Swansea would be a good idea :)

Think you might find that post match you have a few less friends !

We are opened-up so easily now as Liverpool demonstrated last night even with 10 men.

A slick pass and move side like Swansea will create many chances.

Will probably need to score 3 to even get a point.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool got back to winning ways last night after a poor run and Swansea have suffered a couple of bad results at home too so I'm sure we will oblige again by rolling over in our customary fashion.

Swansea to win by at least three goals.

from last game at Ewood against Swansea where we won 4-2.

GOAL! BLACKBURN 1-0 SWANSEA. Gael Givet plays a neat one-two with Yakubu down the left, sprints into the area and crosses for the Nigerian whose first-time finish flies into the top right hand corner.

40' Simon Vukcevic replaces the subdued Rochina as Kean makes an early substitution. Enden up with 7 in rating.

GOAL! BLACKBURN 2-1 SWANSEA Yakubu heads in from close range at the far post! Monk only half clears Pedersens corner, Vukcevic volleys the ball back into the danger zone and Yakubu is on the spot to give his side a half-time lead!

GOAL! BLACKBURN 3-1 SWANSEA. Yakubu is the hat-trick hero! The Nigerian again shows himself to be the poacher supreme as he heads in Sambas knockdown from close range after Pedersens corner.

Samba really is excellent nuisance value for Rovers in the opposition area.

64' Samba makes another good interception as Swansea up the tempo.

62' Good ball from Routledge, headed away by Samba.

Our line up:

Lowe - Samba - Dann - Givet

Rochina (Simon from 40) - Dunn (Petro from 70)- Pedersen - Hoilett

Formica

Yakubu

• Backroom

from last game at Ewood against Swansea where we won 4-2.

GOAL! BLACKBURN 1-0 SWANSEA. Gael Givet plays a neat one-two with Yakubu down the left, sprints into the area and crosses for the Nigerian whose first-time finish flies into the top right hand corner.

40' Simon Vukcevic replaces the subdued Rochina as Kean makes an early substitution. Enden up with 7 in rating.

GOAL! BLACKBURN 2-1 SWANSEA Yakubu heads in from close range at the far post! Monk only half clears Pedersen’s corner, Vukcevic volleys the ball back into the danger zone and Yakubu is on the spot to give his side a half-time lead!

GOAL! BLACKBURN 3-1 SWANSEA. Yakubu is the hat-trick hero! The Nigerian again shows himself to be the poacher supreme as he heads in Samba’s knockdown from close range after Pedersen’s corner.

Samba really is excellent nuisance value for Rovers in the opposition area.

64' Samba makes another good interception as Swansea up the tempo.

62' Good ball from Routledge, headed away by Samba.

Please take note of the players highlighted. How many currently play in our first team or are even at the club now?

Well personally I feel the late goal from Caroll relegated us. The whole team looks beat, Hoilett and the Yak apart.

The defensive organisation is absolutely shocking which is so disappointing after looking like we had addressed it three or four games ago. Not signing Jermaine Jones or another decent tackler in midfield has contrbuted hugely to an appalling season. Also why Gael Givet is not playing I cannot fathom at all.

It will need something extraordianary to win against Swans.

Already thinking about life in the Championship.

If Rovers are to stand any chance we can do without the likes of Jason Lowe on the team sheet.

Harsh.

Thought he did very well at right back. Certainly no worse than Orr who in my view brings nothing to the party and was a completely pointless signing. Like Lowe minus any pace.

I agree Lowe hasn't done anything like as well since being converted to midfield. A bit surprising given that is considered his natural position. At least he has enthusiasm which is a rare commodity with one or two others.

I think we could set the premier league all time record for least possession % in a game since we don't tackle and they just pass. If they kick off, I reckon it could be 5 minutes before we get a touch and hoof it to Vorm.

Tactically Orr knows what the right back role entails cause he has played there all his life. Lowe is a bit reckless diving in or committing. But Orr has no pace. But he is perfect for the Championship. That's why he was signed. You don't sign a QPR reserve to keep you in the Premier League.

• Backroom

We have to get at least 9 points now to be safe IMO.

We've won 7 games out of 33 so far this season.

Expecting Kean to win 3 out of 5 is wholly unrealistic. We're finished. There was a time around December when part of me was hoping for us to get destroyed in matches so that Kean would have no choice but to be sacked or walk, and the media would tear him apart. However, we now know he's in this job until Venky's leave no matter what, and the media will always side with Kean... so I have a strange feeling of apathy about the rest of the run-in.

We might as well come to terms now with the fact we will be playing Championship football next season, it'll make the day we are officially relegated a little easier to handle.

We might as well come to terms now with the fact we will be playing Championship football next season, it'll make the day we are officially relegated a little easier to handle.

Not sure about others, but i've become numb to the fact we're going to be relegated since around February last year. Whether we survive this season or not is irrelevant, as it'd only be a matter of time under this bald useless numpty before we did take the plunge.

It's a strange feeling to not really care about getting done in the last minute against a poor outfit with 10 men.... and I completely blame Venkys and Kean for killing off that passion.

I agree though, to expect to take 3 wins out of 5, it's not going to happen. Makes me sad that I didn't smash into us to be relegated when we drifted out to around 7s.

This match prediction, 2-0.

Archived