BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Swansea v Rovers Preview

• Backroom
“You look back on the games, were we good enough for a point against Chelsea? Yes. Should we have got three against Norwich? Yes. Should we have got a point against Tottenham? Yes.

“You add up all those points and we’re sitting halfway up the league.

I wonder where we are now in Kean's league format? 3rd? 4th?

We're top of the league pal, P33 W33.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Robbo

Lowe Dann Hanley Givet

Orr Nzonzi MGP Olsson1

Holliet

Yak

That would be my 1st 11 with Dunn to come on after an hour.

Close to what I'd put out, though I'd go with:

Robbo

Lowe Givet Hanley Olsson1

Vukcevic Nzonzi Formica MGP

Hoillet

Yakubu

My team is unrealistic on the basis Kean won't/can't play Givet or Simon... but honestly, I can't see us winning a game with Dann at CB and Orr on the wing. Morten is poor on LW but he's still better than Olsson2 as he can actually cross, and Formica's grafting would compliment central midfield fairly well imo.

We're so shorn of quality options, though. Trying to pick a squad out of the players we have is quite a sad exercise and makes you realise just how far we've fallen.

Steve's playing career began at Celtic. Unfortunately, due to the club having other players, he did not get a game for them. However, Celtic did send him out on loan to Swansea City in 1987 where Steve played 4 of the 5 games he played in total for league clubs in the UK.

Four games for Swansea? I'm sure he'll receive a heroes welcome from The Swans fans. He would have played a lot more for them of course and was definitely good enough other than the fact there were better players in front of him, or he got injured (I don't honestly care to look that up)

See (Celtic). Elsewhere, back in time, March 2011 - Kean doesn't rule out return to Celtic as manager.

What bad luck, better players in front of him at Celtic and Swansea. There are also many many managers better than him. Thank God for Jerome Anderson, Venkys and Blackburn Rovers eh Keano - that was a spot of luck wasn't it?

Anyway. This is a must win game. Again. Maybe Kean could play Givet in this one? Or get the players fired up? Or get them organised? Still not to worry. No way are we going down on Kean's watch.

Four games for Swansea? I'm sure he'll receive a heroes welcome from The Swans fans. He would have played a lot more for them of course and was definitely good enough other than the fact there were better players in front of him, or he got injured (I don't honestly care to look that up)

See (Celtic). Elsewhere, back in time, March 2011 - Kean doesn't rule out return to Celtic as manager.

What bad luck, better players in front of him at Celtic and Swansea. There are also many many managers better than him. Thank God for Jerome Anderson, Venkys and Blackburn Rovers eh Keano - that was a spot of luck wasn't it?

Anyway. This is a must win game. Again. Maybe Kean could play Givet in this one? Or get the players fired up? Or get them organised? Still not to worry. No way are we going down on Kean's watch.

Don't forget his time in Portugal playing in the top league for about 2 years more than the club he was actually playing for. Perhaps that's why we can't defend playing against the top team's in Portugal on your own must have been hard work.

for me the line up should be:

robbo

orr,givet,hanley,olssonmk1 or henley.

Hoilett,peds,nzonzi,olssonmk2 or mk1

dunn (to be subbed for formica/rochina/simon/goodwillie depending on how the game is.

YAK

GOg! Our team is bad now all the pl experience has been let go or sold! With the team we started the season we should of at least scraped survival under Keans awful management ability but with the team we have got under Kean we just look doomed.

After another fantastic performance Steve'Manager of the year'Kean breaks yet another record, with a magnificent 9% possession. Anew Premier league record. The 3-0 result was down to the freak breeze surrounding the rovers goal in the first 15 minutes which adversly effected the ball. Post match Stevie lament the northwesterly breeze stating if it had been southerly the ball wouldnt have gone in. However he reminds the press that after Wolves win the team is only three points off being relegation champions.

Probably have to get something and hope results are kind. Swansea are a decent passing side so we will be doing a lot of chasing, therefore our fittest players are needed, (and Yak).

Robbo

Orr Hanley Givet Henley

Junior Formica Nzonzi Peds Olsson

Yak

Subs: Bunn, Dann, Dunny, Rochina, Lowe, can't bring myself to name 2 others.

We simply do not have the squad to compete at this level.

Come on Rovers, surprise us PLEASE!!!

---------------------------------GIVET-------N'ZONZI--------------------

ORR---------------------------------------------------------------------HENLEY

-------------------------------------PEDERSEN-------------------------------

----------------SIMON----------------------------------MARTIN--------------------

------------------------HOILETT----------------GOODWILLIE---------------------------------

--------------------------------------YAK-------------------------------------------

Never want to see Dann/Lowe/Hanley play again non-entities at best talentless liabilities the rest of the time. Never want to see N'zonzi in midfield again utter waste of space and we don't have enough players to satisfy a 4 year desire never to see pedersen play again.

Goodwilie would play simply on the basis that marcus, mauro and ruben are terrible and the less said about modeste the better.

GIVET & N'ZONZI is mismatched but jesus christ does it not look better than Dann & Hanley

Hanley is and always will be average. Dann will come good in the right team/right partner....I stand by my opinion that there is a class centre half in him...he's come to a shitt team, shiit manager so he ain't settled. Id make him captain.

If he was a rough diamond there would at least be a glimmer of something but there isn't not brave, unaware of surroundings and not a presence everything samba was he isn't.

Rough diamond?

The thing with defenders is usually what you see is what you get. Defending is reading the game, being strong, brave and putting your foot in the right time. Just because he defends "more" in a crap side doesnt mean he will defend better in a good team. Dont agree.

I havent seen anything to suggest he will ever be more than average.

Can't see Swansea putting in another terrible performance like they did against QPR, but fingers crossed.

I'm not going to make a prediction, but I want to applaud everyone making the trip to South Wales for the game, you’re a credit to the club. When most of us feel that we can’t even make the short journey to home games for various reasons, you’re still making the effort to travel away and for that reason I applaud you all.

Lets hope for a win :tu:

Can't see Swansea putting in another terrible performance like they did against QPR, but fingers crossed.

I'm not going to make a prediction, but I want to applaud everyone making the trip to South Wales for the game, you’re a credit to the club. When most of us feel that we can’t even make the short journey to home games for various reasons, you’re still making the effort to travel away and for that reason I applaud you all.

Lets hope for a win :tu:

Gav - the Swans weren't great but let's give credit to QPR who were excellent, as were Wigan v Manure (sick of reading how poor Manure were, as always when they lose).

To me, key question is, can Rovers replicate QPR performance. Unfortunately, I don't think we have either the manager or players to do so.

As is usually the case, feels like Swans, just like other teams normally do, will end their bad run against us. A couple of good wins on the horses this week so I've got a tenner each on Swansea @ 3-1 & 4-1 @ 16/1 & 50/1 respectively. Hope Rovers win and I lose my £20, however, if scores as I think, at least I can eat & drink well this weekend!

Whats the point...

3-1 Swansea

Well done and welcome to the real world. It's taken you how long.............. ???

The benefit of a pessimistic mindset (the mindset of the true football fan) is the joy and elation when Rovers do by some miracle actually win a game.

Gav - the Swans weren't great but let's give credit to QPR who were excellent

Yes have to agree with that Mercerman, typical Hughes side, never gave the opposition time on the ball and got their rewards.

we have to win this after possibly the worst few weeks of results we could ever have imagined

Givet has to play!, our defence is such a shambles, i'd love to hear the crowd chanting his name for the whole game until he got bought on from his seemingly permanent seat on the bench

Archived