BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Swansea v Rovers Preview

Givet should play, Olsson #2 should be nowhere near the starting line-up. We have an experienced international midfielder that can't even get onto the bench and is 10x the player Olsson is. Vuckevic must be on a high goal scoring bonus because I can't remember seeing him after his goal away at Sunderland!

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see Swansea putting in another terrible performance like they did against QPR, but fingers crossed.

I'm not going to make a prediction, but I want to applaud everyone making the trip to South Wales for the game, you’re a credit to the club. When most of us feel that we can’t even make the short journey to home games for various reasons, you’re still making the effort to travel away and for that reason I applaud you all.

Lets hope for a win :tu:

Hear, hear. Well said, GAV. +1 for that sentiment.

Time was [30 years ago] when I'd have been there, specially if it had been as crucial as tomorrow's game is. Now, thanks to our absentee landlords and their puppet, I can't summon up the energy to "tick" another ground I'd have seen us on.

If the players cant get up for this game after wednesday nights results then we may as well just end the season now. Thats why i cant see anything else but a Rovers win. You could say sh1t or bust. 2-1 Rovers

"Rovers run off with shock win against Swansea" Utter saddness.

If ever there was one sentence which sums up how far we've fallen, how much weaker our squad is, this is it.

And we've not won yet...

Well done to anyone who's going. I hope it's a good day. After making the trip to Wolves, Bolton and West Brom. (West Brom in particular, where I felt our support was not appreciated by the players) After feeling let down by the club as a whole, enough was enough and won't be at any more away games.

There's a good group of us going down tomorrow, I think most of us are only going because it is a new ground and a weekend away! It's certainly not because I'm looking forward to see Rovers play.

My hope today is that the mgmt team finally learn from recent mistakes, is painful to see the same errors game after game with no sign of improvement. Namely the following...

1. Put Givet back in at centre back and drop Dann.
  2. Dont let a player pick the ball up and run 40 yards towards our goal whilst we all run away!
  3. Tell midfield to actually put a tackle in, Nzonzi must hold some sort of record for the least amount of challenges in a season from a defensive mid.
  4. Make substitutions at the right time, dont delay for 10 minutes when its either too late or we have conceded another.
  5. Get players out wide and put some crosses in, lumping it to Yakubu via Scott Dann is not a good attacking strategy.
  6. Also Formica is not a winger, so stop playing him there.

I am still bemused how we score so many goals as the attacking play is dreadful at times, heres hoping for 3 points as I think we are down if we dont win and the other get a point or three.

Cmon you blues!

Orr is well deserving of a spot I'd go as far and say he's been one of our better (read: least poor) players recently

I thought I saw that Orr and Martin Olsson were injured on SSN this morning, it was 5 o clock in the morning before I went into work so i may not have read it properly.

Still feel on this bright Saturday morning that we face a 3 or 4 goals to 1 defeat and that my bets are good.

For those interested in the Grand National, I'm going for Ballabriggs & Seabass and I'm on a hot run with the nags at the moment!

Swansea have a real threat out wide with Sinclair, we must ensure the full backs have some cover from midfield and Danny Graham is in my opinion a decent striker, Rovers have to press the ball and not allow Swansea time on the ball or it will be game over!

Swansea have a real threat out wide with Sinclair, we must ensure the full backs have some cover from midfield and Danny Graham is in my opinion a decent striker, Rovers have to press the ball and not allow Swansea time on the ball or it will be game over!

Mate our full-backs haven't had cover all season, it's not going to start today. What we need is Jack to have a word with him upstairs asking for one of those miracle things.

I'm praying Swansea have an off day and we strike lucky.

Going to Manchester for a bit of a day out and to get away from football all together. I'll find a pub with the TV on for the scores about 5.00. I'm hoping for the best but I can't see us doing any better than a point. Come on Rovers.

Must admit I'm gonna go out, can't deal with the stress of the game. Will just check on the result later. Last time I did this was Wolves away, hoping that's an omen. Got Junior in the sweepstake on the national.

Archived