BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What's tha story on Venky's being at Ewood last night?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B0llox. The steards were simply trying to stop them getting to Kean....which is fair enough.

There was a bunch of muppets, about 15 of them in yellow & black (Was Mullen one of them?) - they had a banner at 2-0. At 2-2 they sat down and behaved. But then as it went 3-2 the banners came out again and they were trying to get attention off the sky cameras.

Not there to support the team, simply to get on tv and try to create a bad atmosphere. They protested and we lost....but no doubt they will continue to claim we only win when they protest! :unsure:

As for Venkys hiding - they were sat outside in the Jack walker box....how is that hiding? I knew they were attending the game at around 2pm in the afternoon, hardly sneaked in and out.

You're talking absolute garbage. Actually worse you're just lying because I saw it with my own eyes. Now fair enough I'll give you that they may have done later, I don't know I didn't spend my time studying them all match, all I can say is that when they took the banner out there were about four of them. There were another four in yellow shirts sat in the stand who weren't holding the banner. They weren't trying to "get to" Kean at all they were just unraveling the banner, were a decent enough distance away from him and they were protesting peacefully. They didn't have time to "get to" Kean even if that was the plan, within seconds of the banner appearing it was removed. And it's not like they were right behind him as you seem to be suggesting.

And anyway, so what if people are raising banners? They should be able to if that's how they feel. At other clubs it happens and it's allowed as they appreciate the fans have a right to voice their opinions. I wouldn't personally go holding out banners myself but I defend the right for anyone to do so. What kind of Stalinist dictatorship are we governed by?

We lost yesterday because of the incompetence of the owners and then the tactical naivety of the manager. Simple. Nothing to do with about eight lads in yellow shirts. And if you think it was then you really do need to change your tablets.

B0llox. The steards were simply trying to stop them getting to Kean....which is fair enough.

There was a bunch of muppets, about 15 of them in yellow & black (Was Mullen one of them?) - they had a banner at 2-0. At 2-2 they sat down and behaved. But then as it went 3-2 the banners came out again and they were trying to get attention off the sky cameras.

Not there to support the team, simply to get on tv and try to create a bad atmosphere. They protested and we lost....but no doubt they will continue to claim we only win when they protest! :unsure:

As for Venkys hiding - they were sat outside in the Jack walker box....how is that hiding? I knew they were attending the game at around 2pm in the afternoon, hardly sneaked in and out.

The only muppets on view last night were those sat outside the Jack Walker box, the clown in the dugout and several wearing the blue and white shirts.

i expected better from hughesy, didnt know he was anothe keanite, hes probably a closet dingle, fans have every right to protest after the way kean and venkys have dismantled our club, who they hell do you think you are blaming supporters for being upset, last night's game was one of a long line of catastrophic performances and results, the damage was done far earlier than last night, aim your anger and vitriol at those responsible and not innocent supporters who want whats best or you could just take your bottle of red round to steve's tonight and toast his good management!!!

i expected better from hughesy, didnt know he was anothe keanite, hes probably a closet dingle, fans have every right to protest after the way kean and venkys have dismantled our club, who they hell do you think you are blaming supporters for being upset, last night's game was one of a long line of catastrophic performances and results, the damage was done far earlier than last night, aim your anger and vitriol at those responsible and not innocent supporters who want whats best or you could just take your bottle of red round to steve's tonight and toast his good management!!!

+1

The response was aimed at the line "the relationship between fans fractured in my eyes when it became obvious that the reasons for protesting were massively overshadowed by the desire to suddenly win a popularity contest "

As i said i am not interested in popularity contests, my reasons were and still are Blackburn Rovers football club and that only.

Sorry, I get you. Totally agree that it is a two sided issue and I haven't got that point accross well at all. You (and others) may disagree but I firmly believe that the blame mainly lays when the protests were overshadowed by gimmicks, self advertising. There was an obvious decision by someone to focus on mid-game gimmicks and attention seeking - this backfired massively because they quickly became irritants to the rest of the paying public who were equally as fed up with the way things were going but then overlooked the actual purpose of just wanting communication with the owners.

Anyone wearing yellow and black having a good old rant was instantly associated to the protestors and the same devilish media that Glen courted and danced with, tarred every Rovers fan with the idiot brush...thus this is how we are pretty much deemed to be this day, and the valid purpose of the original arguement is well and truly lost.

In addition to this, many of the protestors like to believe that it was Kean who started the divide...it wasn't, it was simply their own inability to deal with a bit of throw away criticism. It popped up around the time when Kean used the "minority" quote and regardless of it being true, it seemed to frazzle people and rattle the figureheads of the protests. That, in my eyes, is where things unravelled because it should have been taken on the chin or even humoured, yet from that more conspiracy theory nonsense evolved and it weakened the credibility and numbers of the protestors even further.

Sorry, I get you. Totally agree that it is a two sided issue and I haven't got that point accross well at all. You (and others) may disagree but I firmly believe that the blame mainly lays when the protests were overshadowed by gimmicks, self advertising. There was an obvious decision by someone to focus on mid-game gimmicks and attention seeking - this backfired massively because they quickly became irritants to the rest of the paying public who were equally as fed up with the way things were going but then overlooked the actual purpose of just wanting communication with the owners.

Anyone wearing yellow and black having a good old rant was instantly associated to the protestors and the same devilish media that Glen courted and danced with, tarred every Rovers fan with the idiot brush...thus this is how we are pretty much deemed to be this day, and the valid purpose of the original arguement is well and truly lost.

In addition to this, many of the protestors like to believe that it was Kean who started the divide...it wasn't, it was simply their own inability to deal with a bit of throw away criticism. It popped up around the time when Kean used the "minority" quote and regardless of it being true, it seemed to frazzle people and rattle the figureheads of the protests. That, in my eyes, is where things unravelled because it should have been taken on the chin or even humoured, yet from that more conspiracy theory nonsense evolved and it weakened the credibility and numbers of the protestors even further.

Mid game gimmicks? I remember a plane (incidentally I was 100% against the idea) However the group did not want silencing due to the banner ban, Like always the group decided the direction we took, we just organised it .So no body made a decision to attention seek,

I have never danced with the media, I have always given my views and beliefs, something I was never comfortable with, hence why I wanted a committee, and my name removing, i.e becoming a group and not being deemed an individual

Conspiracy theories, Can you please elaborate? Because everything I have read on here has pretty much been confirmed over the last 6 months, I have not seen anything said which has not been proven so far,

The divi

I can't agree with you saying it wasn't Kean who started the divide (Pedro). For however the protests were organized and played out, it was still him who spoke to a newspaper asking for the none protesters to "have a word" with the protesters. I still don't know how he got away with that. People would have had disagreements for whatever happened as we all have different opinions, but he, the figurehead of the club, actively promoted it.

I can't agree with you saying it wasn't Kean who started the divide. For however the protests were organized and played out, it was still him who spoke to a newspaper asking for the none protesters to "have a word" with the protesters. I still don't know how he got away with that. People would have had disagreements for whatever happened as we all have different opinions, but he, the figurehead of the club, actively promoted it.

He started it by being the wrong man for the job.

Glen, are you serious regarding conspiracy theories etc? You've spread many a rumour - it could be said that the protests were partially built on them. Also, of course you courted the media to get the maximum exposure for your plight- this website is littered with you saying you've contacted person X, Y and Z so I'm shocked at your response.

The Bolton game is when the jig was up.

Prior to that the press and pundits had turned on him, the protest movement had brought the issue to the fore and results said it all. See this report post Stoke away:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3962156/Stoke-3-Blackburn-1.html

And then this, post Cardiff 'forfeit':

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/robbie-savage/Robbie-Savage-column-Steve-Kean-must-step-down-as-Blackburn-Rovers-manager-article837015.html

The fans had the ear of the media, then THAT night against Bolton occurred, in an instant the narrative changed.

It was all about 'Dignified Kean', 'Horrendous abuse from fans', and it hasn't changed since. Results picked up slightly for a while after Bolton, which made it easier to lump Dignified Steve with Decent Manager Steve, even 'Manager of the Year Steve'.

Kean and his PR team added to it with talk of bodyguards and numerous soft focus interviews.

The battle was lost that night and I will be amazed if we ever turn it round.

When relegation happens it will be a tale of 'Dignified Kean can keep his head held high after a year of mindless abuse and no support from his owners'. His reputation unimpacted by relegation as the club collapses.

Game, set and match.

Completely disagree, as my reasons for protesting have never been overshadowed by any other desire than to simply have my voice heard at the utter contempt our club, town and supporters are being treat with. It is solely about Blackburn Rovers football club to me and there is no sense of personal gain or satisfaction involved.

Its not fair to end by saying the relationship between supporters fractured when we tried to swell numbers by mocking people by calling them spineless and questioning their support. What about those supporters who in turn call those who are standing up and voicing an opinion in public, rather than quietly behind close doors 'not true supporters', questioning whether we want the club to go down for our own gain and even approaching us on match days provoking and threatening us for daring to do what we believe is correct.

I have protested since September the 17th because there was no other platform for me to have my voice heard and i will continue to use this platform until somebody offers me an alternative method. On many occasions the protests could have stopped and talks be conducted around a table with the club, however the club have ignored this and in turn ignored the opinions and concerns of many supporters.

So the powers that be at the club are not exempt from blame in all of this, however yes supporters have differing views, this will always happen when a club is in a mess. However it is a two way street and to claim the supporters relationship was fractured by the protesters is completely inaccurate.

So you admit to trying to swell numbers by mocking people, calling them spineless etc. I tell you now some of you also made threats. Such behaviour does not encourage support, it alienates them instead. I can deal with threats coming my direction. But when one of you - not saying you as an individual - but protestor - made threats towards my wife, enough was enough.

The Bolton game is when the jig was up.

Prior to that the press and pundits had turned on him, the protest movement had brought the issue to the fore and results said it all. See this report post Stoke away:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3962156/Stoke-3-Blackburn-1.html

And then this, post Cardiff 'forfeit':

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/robbie-savage/Robbie-Savage-column-Steve-Kean-must-step-down-as-Blackburn-Rovers-manager-article837015.html

The fans had the ear of the media, then THAT night against Bolton occurred, in an instant the narrative changed.

It was all about 'Dignified Kean', 'Horrendous abuse from fans', and it hasn't changed since. Results picked up slightly for a while after Bolton, which made it easier to lump Dignified Steve with Decent Manager Steve, even 'Manager of the Year Steve'.

Kean and his PR team added to it with talk of bodyguards and numerous soft focus interviews.

The battle was lost that night and I will be amazed if we ever turn it round.

When relegation happens it will be a tale of 'Dignified Kean can keep his head held high after a year of mindless abuse and no support from his owners'. His reputation unimpacted by relegation as the club collapses.

Game, set and match.

Cannot help but agree with this post. I was at that match. Supporters around me in the Jack Walker stand were saying, "this is sick. I feel ashamed to be here". Prior to this match the media were turned in the fans direction. They were listening and taking note. They looked at Keans record. Since then - his record - is hardly mentioned in the media. All that is mentioned now is, "that having endured what he was subject to at the bolton match" etc etc

So you admit to trying to swell numbers by mocking people, calling them spineless etc. I tell you now some of you also made threats. Such behaviour does not encourage support, it alienates them instead. I can deal with threats coming my direction. But when one of you - not saying you as an individual - but protestor - made threats towards my wife, enough was enough.

Are u seriously taking a quote that i am clearly challenging (which somebody else wrote) and then trying to attribute me to the said quote??

I am unaware of any threat which was made to either you or your wife, however as always if you want to raise the issue i can be contacted privately, if this is true then i agree it would be shocking and disgusting.

However my point was it is a two street and i and other protesters have received threats, some even having them aimed at their children.

Cannot help but agree with this post. I was at that match. Supporters around me in the Jack Walker stand were saying, "this is sick. I feel ashamed to be here". Prior to this match the media were turned in the fans direction. They were listening and taking note. They looked at Keans record. Since then - his record - is hardly mentioned in the media. All that is mentioned now is, "that having endured what he was subject to at the bolton match" etc etc

The Bolton match cannot be attributed towards the protest group, there was no protest organised, the action group does not organise protests during the game, that was the majority of the ground turning in numbers we have no control over.

Thought I'd mention that in the Jack Walker Lower, a few lads unfurled a banner when we went 2-0 down saying something like Please Leave the Club - Venky's Please Sell or words to that effect. Within moments they were surrounded by stewards and the banner was removed. Then the lads spent the next twenty minutes being harassed by stewards then several police. The heavy handedness with which Ewood is being policed these days is extraordinary. You would have thought that someone had set fire to the stadium. Thing is the heavy handedness is more likely to incite violence and angry scenes.

If the club have banned banners, then they are going to enforce it. I am not saying the banning is right. But the club, having said they are banned, then they are banned. You enter a football ground on the clubs rules not your own. Stewards / police will try to enforce them. Some rules are stupid at some grounds. But it is their club, their rules etc.

This was a spontaneous protest too, None was organised, and it was also during the game, This is one protest which has occurred which the protestors cant be blamed for,

I'm also sad to hear your wife was threatened and hope you reported it immediately, there is no place anywhere for that type of behavour,

Are u seriously taking a quote that i am clearly challenging (which somebody else wrote) and then trying to attribute me to the said quote??

I am unaware of any thread which was made to either you or your wife, however as always if you want to raise the issue i can be contacted privately, if this is true then i agree it would be shocking and disgusting.

However my point was it is a two street and i and other protesters have received threats, some even having them aimed at their children.

The Bolton match cannot be attributed towards the protest group, there was no protest organised, the action group does not organise protests during the game, that was the majority of the ground turning in numbers we have no control over.

Organised or not - it spelt the end of any support - no matter how weak - fans were getting from the media. Anyway there were enough folk on here at that time saying about protesting during matches. Members or not of brag, who knows. But the pot was stired up.

Organised or not - it spelt the end of any support - no matter how weak - fans were getting from the media. Anyway there were enough folk on here at that time saying about protesting during matches. Members or not of brag, who knows. But the pot was stired up.

Well that is fine but the numbers who turned that game where far larger than the numbers attracted on organised protests. Again nothing was organised and the protest movement can not be blamed for supporters on a larger scale turning than organised protests attract.

It was the same as Wigan away in 2008 when Ince was targeted, this happens in football, no particular group is to blame, it's called supporters having enough and sadly a repeat of the Bolton result in the next two home games will see it happen again (and that is not me stirring the pot, it is me giving my opinion on what i expect to see)

This was a spontaneous protest too, None was organised, and it was also during the game, This is one protest which has occurred which the protestors cant be blamed for,

I'm also sad to hear your wife was threatened and hope you reported it immediately, there is no place anywhere for that type of behavour,

Yes it was reported.

Even today, somebody called Hughesy a dingle. Which you gave a +1 too. How does that help matters. Mocking, insulting comments etc because they do not agree with the methods employed by brag etc, is not on. But has gone on for months. Some wounds take along time to heal.

Yes it was reported.

Even today, somebody called Hughesy a dingle. Which you gave a +1 too. How does that help matters. Mocking, insulting comments etc because they do not agree with the methods employed by brag etc, is not on. But has gone on for months. Some wounds take along time to heal.

Typical, no mention of the original post from Hughesy calling those protesters "muppets' which led up to that reply?

I have to agree with Matty Blue about the Bolton game. I attended that one as well as the Wigan away and the behaviour of the 'fans' in shouting negative chants when all the team needed or wanted was positive support was in my eyes disgusting. I am not Pro Venky's or Pro Kean just PRO BLACKBURN ROVERS. I firmly believe that all the shouting in the world is not going to affect either Kean or Venky's and there will be no change in ownership or direction made by being negative during games. If people want to protest, use the media, dont alienate it.

I have to agree with Matty Blue about the Bolton game. I attended that one as well as the Wigan away and the behaviour of the 'fans' in shouting negative chants when all the team needed or wanted was positive support was in my eyes disgusting. I am not Pro Venky's or Pro Kean just PRO BLACKBURN ROVERS. I firmly believe that all the shouting in the world is not going to affect either Kean or Venky's and there will be no change in ownership or direction made by being negative during games. If people want to protest, use the media, dont alienate it.

Keep on happy clapping... straight to the championship and administration

Archived