BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What's tha story on Venky's being at Ewood last night?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the point - you won't listen anyway.

Your view of the situation is as cold, calculated and objective as Venkys "running" of our club. I see no heart, no soul, no passion in your analysis.

Venkys have destroyed us as a Premier League club and given us absolutely no indication they are doing this for the greater good of the club. I therefore have no confidence that they won't destroy us as a Championship club - or even a professional club.

They do not want us to compete, despite all the big talk when the first arrived, and there is no indication at all that they care about football. Why the hell did they buy our football club, any club? There can only be one logical conclusion. Money. And that is understandable. Not acceptable but understandable.

But I cannot for the life of me understand why you continue to defend them.

I can't see how anyone could argue with the bit in bold.

If that is the best you can contribute. I suggest you give up.

Venkys have cut the wage bill. JW did say it needed to be done.

I said it was B'S. - and it is. Total B'S. I've explained on here previously how JW and the trustees worked and I'm not going through it again. However carry on regardless.

If that is the best you can contribute. I suggest you give up.

Sorry but it made a lot more sense than what you had written Pafell.

All hail The Venky's! They've slashed the wage bill!

OK, admittedly we've been in the bottom three all season, have a much worse squad than this time last year, are unable to play a number of players it would appear due to money issues, season ticket sales will be well down, we pay Anderson, Ribero and Simon every week for some reason, we pay a daft amount of money to Agents, we don't have a shirt sponsor and are odds on with the bookies for relegation - which would cost the club exactly how much money??

So all in all I think "B.S." was quite appropriate.

What happened against Bolton was organic and, as Big Al alludes, should have been the turning point - if not long before.

It should have seen the back of Kean. It didn't and the fans, and even the media, had nowhere to go afterwards. The fans have simply lost any fight they might have had, and the press have gone for a new angle aimed at the fans. Why? Because the fans can continue to give them new stories much more easily and require little or no effort from a lazy media. Barring any kind of revelation or deepthroat style whistle-blowing landing in their inbox, they will not bother searching for a story about Kean or Venkys.

They don't care about Rovers, they want easy column inch fillers when they are having a slow day.

The only thing that grates about the media is that the LT aren't prepared to criticise Kean and Venkys - even if it means they are barred from press conferences. I expect reporting on matches in the Championship will still shift copies, which is more important than a moral crusade. I guess that's why they became journos in the first place - to help sell newspapers - they'd have been better served becoming sales people.

Peter White would not have stood for it, that's for sure.

John Williams had constantly said the wage bill is too high and needs to be addressed. Venkys have done that. They have got rid of some of the high earners. But JW in my view did not have the heart to do it. As he knew it would damage the team. JW looked at things from the team point of view. Whereas venkys have looked at and dealt with the money side of things. Trying to get the club to cut its cloth accordingly.

What a load of horlicks.

Why do you continue to justify Venky's actions and also castigate Rovers fans who rightly protest about the destruction of the club ?

Living on the south coast surrounded by Tory voters has made you soft in the head.

I'm beyond p1ssed off at hearing or reading about THAT night against Bolton. The reason it turned as it did was because the situation was allowed to get that far. At no other club would a manager who had fabricated so much nonsense, had overseen their clubs worse run for 25 years, publicly goaded his own fans (Wigan), received a new contract after a pathetic run of form, spouted champions league bullcrap and so on. Do I need to go on? Venky's and Kean are one in the same to me, an absolute disgrace. He should have never been given the job, he was . He should have been replaced in March, he wasn't. He should have been replaced in the summer. He wasn't. He should have been gone in November, then December then January. He wasn't. None of this is the fans doing. The protests happened like at no other club because it was/is such an unusual and incomprehensible situation. All the promises that Venky's laid down were lies, as we're the ones from Kean's mouth. No one asked them for any of that. I've been going home, away and around Europe with my club since '87. Last night I stated at home with my season ticket in the drawer. I felt gutted, and it's all the doing of Kean and Venky's. Not the protestors or none protestors, Kean/Venkys have poisoned this once amazing club. Not us. They will relegate this team, not us.

+1

I do not think the club is near administration, even if relegated. To me the club is more important, not the division it plays in. I supported the club when it was in the old 3rd divison. When playing in a higher division was just a dream. Then we had true blues as supporters and not glory hunters. I lost count the times I used to walk to the ground and home again from Great Harwood. Only having enough dosh for the match ticket. Envied those with pie and bovril. Ok days came when I was given a lift etc.

Many on here probable do not remember those days, having been spoilt on prem football today. I have seen quite a few championship matches this season - bit more of a level playing field. Blackburn Rovers comes first to me, not the prem or any other divison they play in. Maybe watching the club in the old days, helps me today. There were good days and bad days, where expectations were not as high as they are today. We wanted much, but did not expect it. If we had a decent cup run, great. If we didn't, well we never expected it anyway. That was football. We had nowt, we expected nowt. But supportered the team all the same. During those days it was big news, "we're on telly tonight" now we moan cos we are squeezed on the end of MOTD.

Well if that is happy clapping, then I will do it night and day. I'll wear a blue and white top, the colours of the team I support. No matter the division. Why, because I am a Rovers supporter, whatever happens.

This is misty eyed sentiment and nothing more. There was nothing glorious about slipping down from the old First Division to the bottom of Division Three. There was nothing noble about watching a bunch of has beens - remember the likes of Frank Lord, John Radford, John Aston etc - getting one last payday before retirement. We all dreamed of one day returning to the top division. We wanted to play on the big stage because we believed that was where the club belonged. I still do want to see my team play at the highest level. I've been through the divisions before and have enjoyed the past twenty years far more than anything I've experienced since the days of Pickering, McEvoy, Fergie and England etc.

The game has changed and it's not going back to how it used to be. You can either be part of the future - and whether we like it or not that is the Premier League - or part of the past. The past is great to remember, like waiting for the football specials in the pouring rain on Railway Road, or hanging around the Boulevard waiting for the 'Last Sports' but I want to live in the future!

You are forgetting there is a huge difference to what happened with regards to Ince and the current situation. When Ince was manager, there was a board who had the power to act. That is not the same today.

You are also dealing with a whole new ball game with venkys. They will not listen to protests, first and foremost. Although I DO NOT agree with how venkys have done 'all' the things they have done. Some of them I do.

John Williams had constantly said the wage bill is too high and needs to be addressed. Venkys have done that. They have got rid of some of the high earners. But JW in my view did not have the heart to do it. As he knew it would damage the team. JW looked at things from the team point of view. Whereas venkys have looked at and dealt with the money side of things. Trying to get the club to cut its cloth accordingly.

One of their biggest mistakes was not getting a sponsor for the shirt and mis treating other sponsors. If they had got the 'commercial' element right, they would not have had to cut as drastic as they have done.

The truth is nobody is going to make money owning Blackburn Rovers. It is in an area surrounded by many other clubs which greatly hampers things. So the cloth has to be cut so as to operate financially. It may mean the club has to suffer for awhile. Not much different than the cuts being made by the coalition government. They could have course have put up season ticket prices - but they didn't.

Even if relegated, I do not believe venkys are going to sell. I think they have 'now' already planned for that possibility. Not at the beginning they didn't. But I think they are trying to get the club to operate within its means - as Jack wanted. There was only one way of doing that and that was cutting the wage bill.

Because I believe venkys are here to stay, which we have to live with. For the sake of the club, local business, especailly the large ones, in the area have to come in and try to support venkys. Work along side them, put in financially. It maybe a reluctant solution. But if venkys are staying, then there is, for the sake of the club, no other option.

Yes it would be nice if venkys sold the club (dependant on who they sold too) and took kean with them to be the scarcrow in the chicken shed. But we all have to look at the possibility that they are determined to hold onto the club, no matter what. So a solution has to be found if that happens.

Look I want them gone as much as any supporter. But I do not believe it is going to happen.

I agree with some points you make Pafell and some I don't ...

But if you are going to reduce the wage bill surely you employ a manager with experience , and improve your scouting system . Therefore enabling you sell and then buy younger hungry players ..Not a coach with no repeat no managerial experience (who was 3rd in the pecking order to boot).

Why did Venkys offer Nelsen ,Samba and Roberts improved contracts 15 months ago ?, that doesn't add up ..

If your factory is struggling , first thing you look at is the management before hitting the shop floor , Kean should have gone in the summer of 2011 ...It was obvious to anybody he was out of his depth ....

In my opinion Venkys bought BRFC to promote their chicken business , aided and abetted by Jerome Anderson and Steve kean , on the premis you will not lose out financially if we get relegated ...Allardyce , Williams and Finn had to be got rid of , they had the club coming first not the Venkys chicken business..

How sad do you look? Vital game my arse! Vital games come and go and we lose them. We aren't staying up------you think the actions of a few lads remotely compare to what Venkys have done to us?

You've been cheering on the lads all season but you haven't noticed they've sold the team from under you.

Might that be a little late?

hughesy you really are an ignorant biggoted person you constantly slate the fans who in my eyes put effort and time into bringing to the attention of what venkys have done to our club, you state they just want to protest how far from the mark you are, nothing would give these fans more pleasure than to go to the game with their children and get real value for money hoping their team comes away with three points, where the club they have supported all their lives is not being dwindled away by owners who are obviously only here to make lots of money before they disappear into the night leaving the club in total ruins and leaving an inept manager in place. you really need to wake up and smell the bull you talk

I just wonder what Venkys are frightened of, now in my humble but very honest opinion, hush money pay offs to ex employees both playing and non playing staff, are paid for a reason, a reason which Venkys feel is something they dont want out in the public domain, with this in mind and in my opinion, they must have done something which would be quite harmful to either their company or individual members of their entorage, this would explain as to why they wont get out of our football club as someone somewhere would rumble them and put them in quite serious trouble.

I have been thinking about this for some time, and in my opinion, something quite corrupt is going on or has occurred, it can be the only reason for all this cloak and dagger stuff, the persistance of keeping Kean and the hush money payments!!

I agree with some points you make Pafell and some I don't ...

But if you are going to reduce the wage bill surely you employ a manager with experience , and improve your scouting system . Therefore enabling you sell and then buy younger hungry players ..Not a coach with no repeat no managerial experience (who was 3rd in the pecking order to boot).

Why did Venkys offer Nelsen ,Samba and Roberts improved contracts 15 months ago ?, that doesn't add up ..

If your factory is struggling , first thing you look at is the management before hitting the shop floor , Kean should have gone in the summer of 2011 ...It was obvious to anybody he was out of his depth ....

In my opinion Venkys bought BRFC to promote their chicken business , aided and abetted by Jerome Anderson and Steve kean , on the premis you will not lose out financially if we get relegated ...Allardyce , Williams and Finn had to be got rid of , they had the club coming first not the Venkys chicken business..

Correct. Getting rid of Sam a huge mistake. Though I blame a certain advisor for that. As well as venkys ignorance. I hated Sam's football, but it achieved what it did.

I just wonder what Venkys are frightened of, now in my humble but very honest opinion, hush money pay offs to ex employees both playing and non playing staff, are paid for a reason, a reason which Venkys feel is something they dont want out in the public domain, with this in mind and in my opinion, they must have done something which would be quite harmful to either their company or individual members of their entorage, this would explain as to why they wont get out of our football club as someone somewhere would rumble them and put them in quite serious trouble.

I have been thinking about this for some time, and in my opinion, something quite corrupt is going on or has occurred, it can be the only reason for all this cloak and dagger stuff, the persistance of keeping Kean and the hush money payments!!

This is just one of the reasons why I believe venkys are staying.

I reckon they'll filter off funds from the club, run it into the ground and close the club. Then with all the money they have made they'll knock down Ewood and build Venky's express distribution center to supply all their fast food chains. Brockhall will be knocked down and since we can't build high they just shove a load of chickens on the grass and bred more of their feathery friends.

I reckon they'll filter off funds from the club, run it into the ground and close the club. Then with all the money they have made they'll knock down Ewood and build Venky's express distribution center to supply all their fast food chains. Brockhall will be knocked down and since we can't build high they just shove a load of chickens on the grass and bred more of their feathery friends.

No chance! Knock down Ewood? As if.

They'd just get a big sheet of tarpaulin between the stands and some plywood boards over the turf. Cheapa. Couple of upturned milk crates for the two stewards they keep on to man the security. JW Upper for the frozen produce. Cushdy.

Ok the muppet comment was harsh but it's hard to take when those around you are trying to get the crowd going and then opposite you have a group of 20 or so protesting, ONLY when losing.

Booth you obviously wasn't looking close enough then as they got as close as they could (in the middle corner closest to Kean) but the stewards forced them back.

As for taking the banner off them, they had it at 2-0 and they had it at 3-2 so not quite sure when they are supposed to have taken it.

No chance! Knock down Ewood? As if.

They'd just get a big sheet of tarpaulin between the stands and some plywood boards over the turf. Cheapa. Couple of upturned milk crates for the two stewards they keep on to man the security. JW Upper for the frozen produce. Cushdy.

Off course your right, your option is cheaper than mine.

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

Just like chickens.

Doea anyone know anything about the purpose of their visit? How long it might last? Where they might be staying? Whether or not they're going to take in the Swansea game? Did Kamy say he was in hospital?

Look here on Nicko twitter page to his comments about reasons for visit.

https://twitter.com/#!/reluctantnicko

don't know about them attending Swansea game. possibly I guess.

Kamy is in Hosp with a infection

Didnt expect to read anything any different from you since you had your love in with Kean at the player of the year awards was it?

Fickle you call them???? I dont call 7 months of protesting being fickle,

Just continue to defend your new found friends, because calling people muppets just about shows your intellect.

Once again you decide to come on the message boards and have another go at the supporters, whilst in turn put divide amongst them, If you have anything constructive to say, Iook forward to seeing you on Sunday in longshaw club, at 2pm, Sadly Steve wont show, but still you can represent him if you want?

Love in?? I simply spoke to him

Fickle statement is aimed at -2-0 down they protest, at 2-1 and 2-2 they don't, but then do at 3-2.....what would you call it??

New found friends?? I'm against them, said it for ages, but you continue to blind ur mullenettes with the smart arse comments.

Hughsey, please grow some balls. I presume that you will only protest against Coco and the Venkys if they eat your family alive.

I'm against them, just do not believe in game protests help in any way at all.

i expected better from hughesy, didnt know he was anothe keanite, hes probably a closet dingle, fans have every right to protest after the way kean and venkys have dismantled our club, who they hell do you think you are blaming supporters for being upset, last night's game was one of a long line of catastrophic performances and results, the damage was done far earlier than last night, aim your anger and vitriol at those responsible and not innocent supporters who want whats best or you could just take your bottle of red round to steve's tonight and toast his good management!!!

Keanite for being against in-game protests??

Anyone wearing yellow and black having a good old rant was instantly associated to the protestors and the same devilish media that Glen courted and danced with, tarred every Rovers fan with the idiot brush...thus this is how we are pretty much deemed to be this day, and the valid purpose of the original arguement is well and truly lost.

+1 - superb point, harsh but true

"Next season's budget" :lol: I'm sure that didn't take long.

"Yeahhh we're gonna go with zero again. That good?"

A mars bar and some Venky's Xprs coupons.

The rest will be from selling Hoilett. OHWAIT.

Archived