BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manager for next season in Championship

Billy Davies???? Shiit.

Tugay........we might aswell be shiit and happy....with Shearer as assistant and Craig Short in there too....we need someone who cares

How about Keith Hill? He'd remember what it was like at Rovers before the Golden Age.

He's also had a good record at Rochdale (second best league finish ever) and although Barnsley have had a poor second half of the season, they were meant to be entertaining and playing well til the turn of the year.

But any names are irrelevant as we know who will be here in 12 months time. :(

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Kean some how got sack, I would vote for Curbishley immediately. Always been a fan of him and I think he can bring us straight back up.

I agree, Curbs would be a good option.

It would be suicide for Venkys to keep the most hated manager in Rovers history, who has just relegated the club, on as the man to "lead back into the premier league" What incentive do Rovers fans have for renewing a season ticket or going along to a game on a saturday if Kean is still here?

Saying that, i have no doubts that he will remain. Another season of struggle ahead to follow.

If they pulled the trigger and employed a decent manager, Championship stability for a few seasons followed by a push for promotion would not be out of the question. It would take some rebuilding but its possible, not with Kean tho.

Kean's dignity will shine through. He will say "I feel I have a certain responsibility in getting us back to the PL and Europe".

On a side-note, my brother talked to Curbishley last night at a function. He laughed off any chance of managing Rovers in the Championship. I wont divulge what words he used.

He also met Allardyce and asked him to come back, Sam laughed and said "You must be desperate to want me back at Rovers".

I refuse to take part in this. I haven't the heart for it.

I don't think they'll sack Kean because they will never find anyone else to "run" the club the way they want to.

I honestly think he will manage us into administration, hopefully quite soon.

No point debating this, as Venkys will still be here adjusting finances to life in the Championship and planning for league 1, with a contingency plan for league 2, then maybe a possible sale. Kean will still be here working hard and applying his managerial skills, not flying to India but daily calls to his masters through Sykpe.

For me, and its a little controversial, Steve Bruce could be the man to manage us. Aside of that I would take Curbishley or Brendan Rodgers.

Read my post a couple of posts up.

Rodgers? :) Yes, Id take him or Benitez, but do you really honestly think that it could happen? Come on.

Im almost certain Kean is the manager next season. Only alternative would be another yes man for Venkys. Do they have any of those from within any of their "friends"? Maybe.

The only person I can taking over is Black and I would take that in a heart beat.

Venkys must be the worst business in history, spend millions on an asset for spreading their company name and then run it into the ground.

Makes no sense to me but they can get most of their money back through asset stripping I guess.

Realistically the club is finished regardless of when we go down cos with these people running things nothing good can happen.

All this is hypothetical; we know that Coco is linked umbilically to the Venky's.

If, however, Venky's sold us, I like the idea of Karl Robinson but let's not forget we could be playing his team if they win the League One play-offs. Why would he want to lave somewhere where he's respected and doing a solid job?

Billy Davies might get us out of the Championship in the right direction [unlike what might happen if our absentee landlords and Coco are still here]; but doesn't he have a history of demanding more money than his Board are prepared to provide and then resigning?

As a name from left field, how about Dietmar Hamman? He's worked with Robinson at MK Dons; I know he was only a manager for a brief spell at Stockport County; but I think he's got all his coaching badges and certainly, unlike Coco, has a playing pedigree which would be respected by his players and the club's fans. Whenever I've heard him, he comes across as intelligent.

I refuse to take part in this. I haven't the heart for it.

I don't think they'll sack Kean because they will never find anyone else to "run" the club the way they want to.

I honestly think he will manage us into administration, hopefully quite soon.

Ditto

the sad thing is , i look at clubs like Brighton , Southampton and Swindon with envy now

• Backroom

If Brighton do not go up - which seems likely now. I would at least approach Gus Poyet. Just in case he has a change of heart with regards to Brighton.

Exactly what would he gain from taking over this rapidly sinking ship?

If we do go down, which is very likely thanks to Kean and venkys stupid and pathetic management decisons.

Surely Venkys would sell the club and any new owners would sack Kean and bring in a new manager to get us promote within 2 seasons.

So when you say, wait till the season is over before doing anything

your plan is to sit quietly and hope this happens? even though it is never going to happen.

All this is hypothetical; we know that Coco is linked umbilically to the Venky's.

If, however, Venky's sold us, I like the idea of Karl Robinson but let's not forget we could be playing his team if they win the League One play-offs. Why would he want to lave somewhere where he's respected and doing a solid job?

Billy Davies might get us out of the Championship in the right direction [unlike what might happen if our absentee landlords and Coco are still here]; but doesn't he have a history of demanding more money than his Board are prepared to provide and then resigning?

As a name from left field, how about Dietmar Hamman? He's worked with Robinson at MK Dons; I know he was only a manager for a brief spell at Stockport County; but I think he's got all his coaching badges and certainly, unlike Coco, has a playing pedigree which would be respected by his players and the club's fans. Whenever I've heard him, he comes across as intelligent.

I start this topic by saying that assuming that Venkys sold the club because we are in the championship.

I agree With u on Billy Davies and Karl Robinson. both would be good managers for us. as would Mick McCarthy.

Archived