BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manager for next season in Championship

According to Nicko, the pay-rise was written in the previous contract and the compensation remained the same. Venky's tried to lower it but in the end it remained the same. The only thing that change was his pay. Not defending Kean here at all but just want people to get the facts correct.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you guys read MG.Road's post previously, he said that Venky's would have sack Kean if all the cost was only the compensation but to hire a new manager with a whole new back room team was too costly for them thats y Kean is still in the job. I don't think he has any 'dirt' on them. I think Venky's are just too cheap to fire him and now its too late to change.

I will get tossed for this post BUT:

1) I believe Kean is a good 'coach'! not MANAGER but COACH.

2) I've read in places that he is really good with youngster and bringing them up

for these 2 reasons I actually believe MG.Road when he said that Venky's are going to move Kean to another coaching position with youngsters after this season irrespective of what division we are in.

I dont buy that at all, if he had been sacked in December and Hughes appointed we very probably be staying up..... instead they did'nt spend the 2 million or so in sacking him and now stand to lose around 40 million.

Business people rarely take high risks and gambles and they never allow themselves to become emotionally attached to a person who is costing them so much money, his attitude towards the fans, woefull signings, football results and non stop lies would have had him sacked by the trust ages ago.

There are so many conspiricy theories that are crazy but one thing is for sure if he has not been sacked at the end of this season then I think it's fair to say that he is as much the owner as the owners are.

I just don't believe that. Many ITK's are stated so many times that Kean has nothing to do with the owner other than being an employee. The fact that he is still here is all down to the owner and there thinking. Either cost related or blind loyalty. Its up to them while Kean will continue to bring in the rather hefty pay check.

Sometimes the answer is so simple that you just over look it. No conspiracy. Just plain old bad management.

I just don't believe that. Many ITK's are stated so many times that Kean has nothing to do with the owner other than being an employee. The fact that he is still here is all down to the owner and there thinking. Either cost related or blind loyalty. Its up to them while Kean will continue to bring in the rather hefty pay check.

Sometimes the answer is so simple that you just over look it. No conspiracy. Just plain old bad management.

They have spent all season trying to find ways of saving money, selling our best players, giving away players who were on high contracts, freezing out players who have contractual issues and you think they managed to overlook the main one that the manager is going to send us down and the owners will lose 40 million.

I find it very hard to accept that business people would give away 40 million pounds because of sentiment, and for all it's worth anyone claiming to be an ITK has proved time after time to know absolutely nothing, the only poeple who were in the know were 20,000 + fans at the end of last season.

• Backroom

Is there a single person "ITK" on here or elsewhere who has much credibility left after this season? We've been led down the garden path regarding Kean being sacked numerous times by various people on this board and it all turned out to be crap.

As for Nicko, when was the last time he got a Rovers story right?

I would suggest you PM kamy to get verification but i've never heard or read any kind of rumours or news that would suggest Kean has something on Venky's. Theres more suggestion and rumours about Venky's stubbornness and blind loyalty than the conspiracies one.

I dont buy that at all, if he had been sacked in December and Hughes appointed we very probably be staying up..... instead they did'nt spend the 2 million or so in sacking him and now stand to lose around 40 million.

Business people rarely take high risks and gambles and they never allow themselves to become emotionally attached to a person who is costing them so much money, his attitude towards the fans, woefull signings, football results and non stop lies would have had him sacked by the trust ages ago.

There are so many conspiricy theories that are crazy but one thing is for sure if he has not been sacked at the end of this season then I think it's fair to say that he is as much the owner as the owners are.

If Venkys are so good as business people why sack a Proven PL manager in Sam Allardyce and get rid of experience board of directors and replace it with unproven people in major jobs at a PL clubs????? very crazy!!! :angry2:

I agree about there being so many Conspiricy theories it is untrue. you just don't know what do believe tbh!

Maybe the Venkys just believed kean was the right man to make sure we stayed out of trouble :blink: . Wigan have kept with their manager and Have stayed up. Other chairman might have sacked him. Obviously it was the wrong call to keep kean and not back him. Maybe with Nelson, salgaro, Roberts, samba, grella and another midfielderwe might have got two more wins and stayed up. I believe kean will be manager next year

I would like to see an ex Rover as manager. On the presumption we go down and Keane mysteriously disappears, then I'd like Mike Newell to have a chance.

I agree with that point. would be good to at least have a ex rovers player on the coaching staff at least.

Maybe Paul Dickov as manager or Mike Newell as manager or number 2.

I agree with that point. would be good to at least have a ex rovers player on the coaching staff at least.

Maybe Paul Dickov as manager or Mike Newell as manager or number 2.

I cant see our ghost owner letting Newell in. Mike Newell has a dislike for agents.

We aren't a normal club where the manager's fate is decided by results. There's something much more sinister involved and I wouldn't expect Kean to go anywhere any time soon.

Events over the course of the season would back this up. Kean's results haven't been good enough and even the most considerate of owners would have given him only until December to come good. I've been well and truly won over in terms of believing something being more sinister is at hand because I originally thought that his appointment was a case of the Indians seeing a very bland, miserable and dour (but more realistic) individual and replacing it with a positive and ambitious one. The latter has shown himself to be unmoveable from his post and has certainly put himself before the good of the club. I am hoping that the rumours I heard of his contract actually being up in June are true, but I don't hold out much hope for a decent replacement. I would gladly take Curbishley, Di Matteo, or McCarthy...or even Graham Souness if he was up for the challenge.

I reckon ,gut feeling only ,that....................

kean gets moved to help dunny become player manager.

Just as it is not down to bad luck that Kean broke the record for consecutive games without a clean sheet (He's SH#TE),

It was not just down to good luck Lee Clark broke the League unbeaten run record at Huddersfield.

I'd deffinately go for Clark, Mcdermot & watson as the management team to do well for Rovers in the Championship.

McDermot did well with Keegan,his experience and abition of Clark would be great. Good football too.

Here's dreaming

I will still stick with who I said at the start

We need someone with experience of being a manager in that league.

so my choice would be either Mick McCarthy or Billy Davies.

Would bring experience and knowhow of the league.

Archived