BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manager for next season in Championship

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have spent all season trying to find ways of saving money, selling our best players, giving away players who were on high contracts, freezing out players who have contractual issues and you think they managed to overlook the main one that the manager is going to send us down and the owners will lose 40 million.

I find it very hard to accept that business people would give away 40 million pounds because of sentiment, and for all it's worth anyone claiming to be an ITK has proved time after time to know absolutely nothing, the only poeple who were in the know were 20,000 + fans at the end of last season.

Common sence would have been to sack Kean ages ago. But Venkys are not football people. They came into this very ignorant of football things. If it is true they did not know clubs got relegated from the prem - therefore not realising it could cost them 40 odd million - they would not have seen the importance of sacking Kean and getting in a decent replacement. But now they know clubs get relegated - hence the mass cost cutting exercise they have been on, with a lot more to come.

You may have a point about those who claim to be itk. Kean getting sacked, prem league investigation etc when none of these things have taken place, kean having dirt on the owners, etc

But one thing is certain, there is a bad stench coming out of the club. According to current rumours, if venkys did decide to sell the club. They have already said they will not sell to anybody local. So that does not know bode well.

Common sence would have been to sack Kean ages ago. But Venkys are not football people. They came into this very ignorant of football things. If it is true they did not know clubs got relegated from the prem - therefore not realising it could cost them 40 odd million - they would not have seen the importance of sacking Kean and getting in a decent replacement. But now they know clubs get relegated - hence the mass cost cutting exercise they have been on, with a lot more to come.

You may have a point about those who claim to be itk. Kean getting sacked, prem league investigation etc when none of these things have taken place, kean having dirt on the owners, etc

But one thing is certain, there is a bad stench coming out of the club. According to current rumours, if venkys did decide to sell the club. They have already said they will not sell to anybody local. So that does not know bode well.

Ha ha you have a pop over brag and rumours but you (last paragraph ) are posting about rumours.. But hypocritical and two faced.

a youth coach would be a waste of time, we would need an experienced championship manager to get us out of this mess, i know hes not an 'experienced championship manager' but what about martin allen, seems to work miracles on small budgets and got loads of charisma, tells it like it is!!

Ha ha you have a pop over brag and rumours but you (last paragraph ) are posting about rumours.. But hypocritical and two faced.

I have not said I believe this rumour. Although it is coming from more than one person. I am just highlighting the fact there are so many rumours that have gone around, that it is hard to tell what is the truth or not. The latest two being bank situation moved to India - some say it is done, others it is not. Then will not sell to local people. But it shows we cannot relie on those who claim to be itk.

Seein that Venkys wanna save cost, I wouldn't mind seein terry McPhillips step up. Done wonders with out youth squad. Thoughts?

No - lets not give them any daft ideas eh!

Hughton if Big Club fail to get promoted

a youth coach would be a waste of time, we would need an experienced championship manager to get us out of this mess, i know hes not an 'experienced championship manager' but what about martin allen, seems to work miracles on small budgets and got loads of charisma, tells it like it is!!

I'm an experienced Championship Manager. I got Dagenham & Redbridge into the PL on a shoestring budget.

Put me in, coach, I'm ready!

Maybe....but maybe not if we move quickly.

If not....Curbishley or Lee Clark id be happy with

would be happy if we appoint Hughton as manager. rate him.

Clark i'm unsure about.

Can't see Curbishley coming to rovers

Still go for who I said Mick McCarthy and would work with our current coaching staff.

I take it this is assuming Venky's have left? You heard Kean, he's part of the furniture now.

It is. Has I said when I started this topic pal.

unless Mrs D finally comes to her senses and sack the Idiot. :rolleyes::lol::)

Kean today in the papers is trying to talk to Mrs D through the media telling them all the problems he had to cope with hoping this saves his job,

• Moderation Lead

Think I may have to lob some more straws for the OP to clutch at.

The bald, drink-driving, illegitimate, positive jock is going nowhere sadly.

Living in Huddersfield, and working with a load of Town season ticket holders, Lee Clarke was not particularly well regarded even in the run of lossless games.

Having seen them in last years play off final, I can understand why.

Admittedly he'd be an improvement on Kean but so would Lee Mack - at least he is a Rovers fan.

ABK for me - Anyone But Kean.

I cannot believe any of the names I could come up with now would be worse or less welcome than Kean as our Manager in the Championship.

I will welcome anyone's appointment as it will mean finally being rid of this lying imposter who has been complicit in our club's ruin through either his incompetence, dishonesty or both.

ok topman the job is yours, i want the club to be making a profit, all our young players to be used, if things go badly then blame the fans, dont use any experienced players in case they dont toe the line and we need to be in the top 4 of the premiership by the 2013-2014 season and even if you fail all that i will give you a new improved contract, how does that sound?

Kean knows he's not getting sacked even if we go down. The owners don't care about winning football matches, they care about money. The cost of replacing kean and getting a replacement in will cost money. It's pretty obvious from keans quotes that the owners want to bring through the young players and make a fat profit on them.

Kean knows he's not getting sacked even if we go down. The owners don't care about winning football matches, they care about money. The cost of replacing kean and getting a replacement in will cost money. It's pretty obvious from keans quotes that the owners want to bring through the young players and make a fat profit on them.

Just a thought, would paying a manager in the championship, be cheaper than a prem manager. It must be. So he could go. His contract is nearly up.

Just a thought, would paying a manager in the championship, be cheaper than a prem manager. It must be. So he could go. His contract is nearly up.

why would they sack the illegitimate, he has done what they wanted

I think his contract runs for another season yet. It would probably cost about 1m to sack him and the “I won't quit” message in this mornings newspapers was a gentle reminder to the owners how much it would cost to get rid of him. A championship manager will be on lower wages but it's all relative because our income will be lower.

Some are also suggesting kean will get moved sideways. I'm not convinced. Venky's wouldn't pay a managers salary to someone in a coaching role. Would kean accept a pay cut to move back into a coaching role? No. Is there anything in his contract allowing Venky's to move him sideways? Doubt it.

I think his contract runs for another season yet. It would probably cost about 1m to sack him and the “I won't quit” message in this mornings newspapers was a gentle reminder to the owners how much it would cost to get rid of him. A championship manager will be on lower wages but it's all relative because our income will be lower.

Some are also suggesting kean will get moved sideways. I'm not convinced. Venky's wouldn't pay a managers salary to someone in a coaching role. Would kean accept a pay cut to move back into a coaching role? No. Is there anything in his contract allowing Venky's to move him sideways? Doubt it.

I suppose it depends on how mrs d takes the comments in todays papers. If she sees them.

Archived