BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No fight left?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A season ticket thread with fans appearing to relish the annihilation of our support, a thread with a timely price offer being met with negativity and scorn, and a thread about who's gonna manage us in the Championship next season.

Is there noone else who's main priority right now is to keep a stiff upper lip, sing their heart out, and create two Newcastle-95 type atmospheres to try and help us stay up? There's 15 points left to play for and we're 3 behind Wigan and QPR. I mean christ, why have so many given up already?

This season will go down in future years as the one where the true colours of the worst owners in the club's history were shown, and the season where one of our worst managers put his pride before the good of Rovers. But at this rate it'll also be known as the season where the fans couldn't even be bothered to stay behind the team for the last few crucial matches. Personally I'd find that last one the hardest to explain to future fans.

An understandable viewpoint in the current climate. You can't look to the manager, you certainly can't look to the owners, and you can't look to the players, so you're projecting your fears and frustrations on your fellow fans.

"Already given up"? We've five games to go. I'm surprised the fans haven't capitulated much earlier. The writing's been on the wall for sometime now that the club is only headed in one direction. Look at everything and everyone that's conspired against the fans this season. This situation is absolutely unprecedented. Sure, we've had relegation battles before but nothing comparable to the apathy & despair brought about by Venky's. The fans feel completely let down by everyone connected to the club (Venky's, Kean, The Trust, The PL, the media, ex-players etc.) Every ounce of pride and passion has been sucked out of them and they can't really see any light at the end of the tunnel. Let us say that the fans did crank up the noise and it coincided with us surviving on the last day of the season. What then? You think they'll be looking forward to reliving this nightmare all over again (albeit it with a darker end)? Respect and loyalty has to work both ways and I'm afraid the club has abused the fans' trust whilst giving nothing in return.

. . . Respect and loyalty has to work both ways and I'm afraid the club has abused the fans' trust whilst giving nothing in return.

Something even savage, ignorant dark age barons grasped, but a concept which appears beyond Venkys.

But at this rate it'll also be known as the season where the fans couldn't even be bothered to stay behind the team for the last few crucial matches. Personally I'd find that last one the hardest to explain to future fans.

It will never be known as that by any TRUE Rovers fan. Never.

No it wasn't. All the ones I've got in scrap books are white. It was however a marvel of newspaper production. By the time I'd walked down to the Boulevard to catch my bus back to Rochdale, say about five past five, it was already on sale !

All done with hot metal and human labour and a brilliant distribution system and not a computer in sight.

No it wasn't. All the ones I've got in scrap books are white. It was however a marvel of newspaper production. By the time I'd walked down to the Boulevard to catch my bus back to Rochdale, say about five past five, it was already on sale !

I rem the Last Sports being Pink too. In fact it was renamed the Sports Pink.

• Backroom

The whole "we all need to get behind the lads!!!!!" thing has already been tried. It didn't work - reason being no amount of "noise" is going to suddenly infuse the players with talents they simply don't possess. Venky's have sold our best players and replaced them with sh1t.

As a poster on here once said (Den possibly? Can't remember now) "buy championship players and we'll get championship football" (paraphrased somewhat).

As a poster on here once said (Den possibly? Can't remember now) "buy championship players and we'll get championship football" (paraphrased somewhat).

Yep, buy first division players and we'll get first division football. That's what's happened. All throughout my time posting on here, I've always - maybe sometimes gone over the top a little - said that the club has to do everything in it's power to keep hold of it's best players. That hasn't happened under the Raos, in fact the plan is the complete opposite of that. The plan is to run a PL club on cheap kids. It's failed miserably, and it wont work. We're talking about a league that has some of the best players in the world here, you have to be able to put out a side that can compete with that.

Yep, buy first division players and we'll get first division football. That's what's happened. All throughout my time posting on here, I've always - maybe sometimes gone over the top a little - said that the club has to do everything in it's power to keep hold of it's best players. That hasn't happened under the Raos, in fact the plan is the complete opposite of that. The plan is to run a PL club on cheap kids. It's failed miserably, and it wont work. We're talking about a league that has some of the best players in the world here, you have to be able to put out a side that can compete with that.

Talking about football, that's a wonderful combination of words in one sentence - plan and Raos. <_<

• Moderation Lead

Spot on.

The whole "we all need to get behind the lads!!!!!" thing has already been tried. It didn't work - reason being no amount of "noise" is going to suddenly infuse the players with talents they simply don't possess. Venky's have sold our best players and replaced them with sh1t.

So 3 points behind with 5 games to go we should all just give up?

Talking about football, that's a wonderful combination of words in one sentence - plan and Raos. <_<

When I used to scuba dive, being quite a dangerous sport, we used to stick to the mantra :-

Plan the dive, and dive the plan.

Under Kean/venky's, it would be :-

Plan! What plan?

When I used to scuba dive, being quite a dangerous sport, we used to stick to the mantra :-

Plan the dive, and dive the plan.

Under Kean/venky's, it would be :-

Plan! What plan?

They probably follow the same mantra. Much like diving, they are determined to take us down, possibly even under.

Fans will still get behind the lads but for most the stark reality has sunk in that the players aren't good enough and the manager (?) is easily out thought.

An understandable viewpoint in the current climate. You can't look to the manager, you certainly can't look to the owners, and you can't look to the players, so you're projecting your fears and frustrations on your fellow fans.

"Already given up"? We've five games to go. I'm surprised the fans haven't capitulated much earlier. The writing's been on the wall for sometime now that the club is only headed in one direction. Look at everything and everyone that's conspired against the fans this season. This situation is absolutely unprecedented. Sure, we've had relegation battles before but nothing comparable to the apathy & despair brought about by Venky's. The fans feel completely let down by everyone connected to the club (Venky's, Kean, The Trust, The PL, the media, ex-players etc.) Every ounce of pride and passion has been sucked out of them and they can't really see any light at the end of the tunnel. Let us say that the fans did crank up the noise and it coincided with us surviving on the last day of the season. What then? You think they'll be looking forward to reliving this nightmare all over again (albeit it with a darker end)? Respect and loyalty has to work both ways and I'm afraid the club has abused the fans' trust whilst giving nothing in return.

What's there to support. I love rovers but it's an empty shell of the thing I've been so passionate about sine a 10 year old boy. As Topman says what's there to hold on to and identify with? The manager? The owners? The players? The club image? Everything has been taken from us. Even the fans are pretty much told to love Venkeys/Kean or p**** off.

I don't mind us being crap, I don't mind what division we're in (preferably premiership mind) but at the moment there's utterly nothing to identify with. The best I can see happening is us getting relegated and Kean, Venkeys etc. going - and that'd still leave us financially stuffed and in a bit of trouble. My fear is as others have said we're going to end up like Stockport plummetting under bad ownership determined to get every last bit from us that they can, or too proud to let go to the wreckage.

• Backroom

If you want to keep believing that Steve Kean and our pisspoor squad can keep us in the league pal then more power to you. It will just make the day we do get relegated a lot worse for you.

Fact is even if we do stay up we're in for more of the same next year, only much worse, so why get excited?

I will of course support the lads til the bitter end but do I believe they can keep us up? No.

Why should they bust a gut ! Jesus Christ ! What's beating under the badge ? A carraway seed ? Have they no personal pride the spineless bleeders ? The minute you walk over that white line it should be game on. I've played in friendlies on my best behavior but if somebody took the ball off me or roughed me up that was it, the gloves were off ! Have they given up ? Yes they have. Have Wigan or QPR given up ? No chance.

That's there for the whole world to see, it started with the Bolton game and we haven't given a real effort since. I can have nothing but praise for Wigan and the way they are fight ing to stay up, it lokks like might just have done it so us wolves bolton all down.

That's there for the whole world to see, it started with the Bolton game and we haven't given a real effort since. I can have nothing but praise for Wigan and the way they are fight ing to stay up, it lokks like might just have done it so us wolves bolton all down.

That's how I see it. I don't think Wigan's players are much better than ours ability wise. I recall we were all to ready to see the back of De Santo, rightfully in my opinion. They've had more than their share of bad luck. In spite of this their workrate and self belief has never slackened. I think they'll get out at the death just like they did last season. If they do good luck to them, they will have earned it. For me it's us, Bolton and Wolves to go down. If we go down this time I will have seen 5 relegations and each time we went down without much of a whimper, 1966 being particularly spineless given the players we had then.

People go on about our spirit, playing for the manager etc - however the spirit has been ripped out of the team/club IMO.

We have a coach trying to manage the team with a lot of players who aren't up to it - pretty bad mix.

The youngsters will naturally not mind Kean, and put a shift in, as he is giving them a chance to play ahead of their time.

Let's not get too downbeat. There are still 12 points up for grabs.

:mellow:

+ on that showing we wont even pick one up....some out there didnt look interested Nzonzi for instance gave ball away to dyer then just shook his head he didnt even bother tracking back - total disgrace ! :angry2:

Let's not get too downbeat. There are still 12 points up for grabs.

:mellow:

Us fans have had all the heart and spirit ripped out of us!

I'll still be getting behind the players but i'll ferociously be again kean and the owners.

The players have to keep fighting, Stuart. But whether they will is another matter. :(

While there's hope.. ?

Archived