BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Community March

The club wouldn't allow petitioners outside the ground, it would have to be well away from the stadium. Besides, what would the petition be about? We want Venkys to leave? Would that have any effect whatsoever?

What we really need is what hasn't happened yet. A majority march, rather than a minority one. Maybe the town centre one could be black arm bands and march in silence. Possibly even with a mock coffin being carried (much like the one that will probably go through Bamber Bridge in the Summer - only do it while it still can get some attention. But it needs to attract thousands of people, not hundreds.

Venkys are going nowhere, I'm not convinced about talk of them saving face and leaving with a good offer. I think they'll sneak out in the dead of night and pull the club by proxy through a final statement via Venkys London Ltd.

It would be good to have them see what they have done to this club, this town.

The club don't own Bolton Road do they? Petitioners can stand right outside club property. The benefit is the numbers you can get, which completely changes the narrative the club put out about a minority.

You can wish for a majority march all you like but it'll never happen for a whole host of practical reasons. What will yet another minority march achieve other than provide further proof to the world that it's a minority. Great plan. And who in the outside world gives a toss that people are marching from the town centre to the ground when loads do it every game anyway? Hardly the Jarrow hunger march is it?

Either a small number of people need to do dramatic things or a dramatic number of people do a small thing. A small number of people doing a small thing isn't going to stop the presses.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be an idea to get posters about the march put up in local stores, pubs, hotels and restaurants . I am sure these types of business will be adversely effected by a considerable decrease in trade when we get relegated.

I think allot of people overlook the effects of relegation not just on the club and its staff but the community as a whole, living in Norwich during their years out of the premier league (took a couple of years to properly see the effects) we got to see first-hand what the effects of not being in the premier league had on the city and it is not a pretty sight (50% of bars in the area near the ground and station went out of business or got taken over by chains) as well as a number of other companies that relied on the extra trade). I know from speaking to a few bar owners in the city that promotion for Norwich actually saved them from going bust and now they rely heavily on football day trade to stay afloat especially in the current financial climate.

To many it may not seem much but trust me from a financial perspective it is huge, not only do pubs get the trade but local shops (increased passing trade), petrol stations (costs to get to and from games), hotels (I know when I have been to matches I often prefer to stay over), restaurants (how many times do you eat out after a match home or away) etc etc.. all these are effected one way or another and given the countries state of affairs and high unemployment many of these places are reliant on this trade.

The club don't own Bolton Road do they? Petitioners can stand right outside club property. The benefit is the numbers you can get, which completely changes the narrative the club put out about a minority.

You can wish for a majority march all you like but it'll never happen for a whole host of practical reasons. What will yet another minority march achieve other than provide further proof to the world that it's a minority. Great plan. And who in the outside world gives a toss that people are marching from the town centre to the ground when loads do it every game anyway? Hardly the Jarrow hunger march is it?

Either a small number of people need to do dramatic things or a dramatic number of people do a small thing. A small number of people doing a small thing isn't going to stop the presses.

Unfortunately I believe that the police would help them stop the collection of signatures. At the last match I came out from the Jack Walker stand and was walking towards the Darwen End (I park in that direction) There was a wall of police. I was allowed to walk through that way but I heard the instruction to the police to 'encourage' the fans to go straight to Darwen Street and not to go towards the player entrance. We will not be allowed to collect there for any after match protest. The Fuzz will not allow it.

Please don't simply dismiss the suggestion of a majority march and instead put up your own strawman arguments against a minority march. We already know a minority match will do nothing.

Similarly a small number of people doing dramatic things will serve no purpose apart from public disorder arrests - EXACTLY what I believe Kean and Agnew want. Unless you are suggesting self-immolation - which still wouldn't work so I hope no-one gets any ideas.

We are now at the stage, with everything that has happened since the Arsenal game, and certainly since the Bolton game, where everyone should be prepared to show their feelings about how we have been treated, by the club and the media, and how much the things that have been done to our club hurts.

This is no longer about expecting anything to change it's about showing the football how the majority really feel. If everyone who has felt aggrieved enough to stop going (3000+) turn up and everyone who has ever moaned about our situation joins them, there would be a sizeable majority. Even allowing for those with "practical reasons" (WTF?) not to help out.

Any protest will be what the people want it to be and a reflection of the people who turn up. If most ordinary folk don't care enough, then it will be another minority, led by the same people, which Kean can wave away and smirk about 1% (now downgraded to 30 people) being against them. If a large proportion of old and young, male and female give the club one extra hour of their time, then that protest will be far more powerful. But it MUST be peaceful and well attended, anything else and we may as well give up on the club now.

Black armbands at the ready. Will we see you there EiT?

• Backroom

Agree Glen

Whether you have bee protesting from the start or this would be your first one lets get down and stand together at least this once we are all in this together after all

Really hope everyone joins in with this one, we will be out in numbers this week, postering , speaking with people in and around the town, this is everyones chance to say NO TO VENKYS,

5 Straight defeats and relegation looking likely, these crooks need to go

I fully accept that they are very bad owners, that is without doubt. But you are calling them crooks. Do you have evidence they are crooks? If so lets hear it. You have been one of those who claims to be itk about the club - ok then spill the beans. If the information is sound, then there should be no fear of legal action.

I fully accept that they are very bad owners, that is without doubt. But you are calling them crooks. Do you have evidence they are crooks? If so lets hear it. You have been one of those who claims to be itk about the club - ok then spill the beans. If the information is sound, then there should be no fear of legal action.

Agreed. It's time to put up or shut up. The way to increase numbers of the march on Saturday would be to let us all know what legitimate information some of the ITK's have. And not just to the posters on here. The press must be informed too.

This is a Community march thread, stay on topic,

In answer to your question, I do believe everything we said has come out in the wash in the last 7 months, so what more evidence do you need, we are in the bottom three, have a joke of a manager, owners, who mortaged us to the hilt, then sold all our best players, as I said they would, I even tweeted on deadline day that the sales had not ended there, Cue Samba sale, Players aint playing cos of finances, players sold cause of finances, players signed on favours, agent fee's paid on favours, all this stuff is now in the public domain, so what more evidence do you need?

Instead of trolling, look at ALL that has gone on in last 18 months, and you have your facts, because much of it now in the public domain,

Some just choose to turn a blind eye, and look for other people to blame

This is a Community march thread, stay on topic,

In answer to your question, I do believe everything we said has come out in the wash in the last 7 months, so what more evidence do you need, we are in the bottom three, have a joke of a manager, owners, who mortaged us to the hilt, then sold all our best players, as I said they would, I even tweeted on deadline day that the sales had not ended there, Cue Samba sale, Players aint playing cos of finances, players sold cause of finances, players signed on favours, agent fee's paid on favours, all this stuff is now in the public domain, so what more evidence do you need?

Instead of trolling, look at ALL that has gone on in last 18 months, and you have your facts, because much of it now in the public domain,

Some just choose to turn a blind eye, and look for other people to blame

Instead of accusing people of trolling (more abuse from brag members), put up evidence of corruption. It is on topic. You put up the evidence of crooked behaviour, you may get more support. Bad management yes, bad ownership yes - but where is the evidence for corruption. That is what I am asking. you called the owners crooks - so lets hear the evidence

You're starting to get right on my pap PAFELL, you only need to look at the broken promises to understand these people are bloody crooks and liars, what more do you need to know, open your bloody eyes man :angry2:

Back on topic - Will the apathetic Blackburn public turn out in support of this march or will it be the handful we usually see week in week out, time to put up or shut up people, these people need ousting from the club and the fans need to bring about change, its over to you.

For the first time, I'll be marching on saturday. I've put off for months, but given the inevitability of relegation and the shambolic, crooked hierachy in our club, I feel it is finally time for me to add my voice to the honourable crowd who have unfortunately suffered the most horrendous abuse from both the media and 'fans' of this football club.

Instead of accusing people of trolling (more abuse from brag members), put up evidence of corruption. It is on topic. You put up the evidence of crooked behaviour, you may get more support. Bad management yes, bad ownership yes - but where is the evidence for corruption. That is what I am asking. you called the owners crooks - so lets hear the evidence

ABUSE? LOL is calling me an idiot on twitter not more abusive.

You're starting to get right on my pap PAFELL, you only need to look at the broken promises to understand these people are bloody crooks and liars, what more do you need to know, open your bloody eyes man :angry2:

Back on topic - Will the apathetic Blackburn public turn out in support of this march or will it be the handful we usually see week in week out, time to put up or shut up people, these people need ousting from the club and the fans need to bring about change, its over to you.

Venkys are bad owners that there is no doubt. Kean, Agnew etc should also go. There is ample reason for protest.

Were the promises legally binding - if so legal action will be more effectual than protests. But I presume the only ones who can take that action, would be the walkers and other shareholders at the time.

I detest Venkys and kean etc. If there is evidence of corruption, then it should be revealed. Then you may have the town of Blackburn coming out in support of this march. But it is no good just revealing it on a message board - it needs to be put out further.

all the evidence, that can be proved has to be revealed to all Rovers supporters.

There is ample evidence of bad management and ownership. But not corruption. If there is evidence of corruption, then it needs revealing. Which was why I asked Glenn to reveal the evidence.

Pafell - refocus your sights mate. Look for the real enemies.

Agreed.

You are a good poster PAFELL but we,the fans,need to be united right now more than we have ever been NOT ripping chunks off each other...nobody else gives a flying one about this club and the tragedy that is unfolding.

'Refocus' indeed.

• Backroom

For the first time, I'll be marching on saturday. I've put off for months, but given the inevitability of relegation and the shambolic, crooked hierachy in our club, I feel it is finally time for me to add my voice to the honourable crowd who have unfortunately suffered the most horrendous abuse from both the media and 'fans' of this football club.

Good stuff mate I joined my first one at the villa game and thankfully nobody accused me of being a johnny come lately and welcomed me.

Agreed.

You are a good poster PAFELL but we,the fans,need to be united right now more than we have ever been NOT ripping chunks off each other...nobody else gives a flying one about this club and the tragedy that is unfolding.

'Refocus' indeed.

What you and Den have said is correct. I appologise for anybody offended by my recent posts.

The reason I was asking for the evidence of 'corrutpion' to be revealed, is it would help in gaining support for this march. Yes the town of Blackburn need to come out in force. But also do the MP's / local media etc etc in the area. What is happening to Rovers effects the whole town. I was up in Blackburn last weekend. For the first time I looked around and saw how drab things look, especially the old market area. Pubs shut down, shops etc. It then struck me that things would be even worse with out Rovers.

Having a 'community march' is all well and good. But to gain support for it, you need more than look at things on the field. Lets be honest bad management and bad ownership are not crimes. But if there is evidence of criminal deeds done by the owners - this needs to be revealled. Not just on here, but to the town of Blackburn and the local area. Then the community will come out in force. You do not want just 5 to 6 hundred people turning up - you want thousands. You need thousands in order to generate the required media publicity.

You also need to try to encourage the Walkers to get involved. Surely they cannot be happy that they were lied to the same as the fans were.

Really hope everyone joins in with this one, we will be out in numbers this week, postering , speaking with people in and around the town, this is everyones chance to say NO TO VENKYS,

5 Straight defeats and relegation looking likely, these crooks need to go

To Glen and all the protest organisers,

Please don't take this as bitchy criticism - I promise you it's entirely not meant that way. I watched the match today in The Fox and Hounds and whilst it was no where near full there were quite a few 'old school' guys in there. And none of them knew about the march. I explained it to some of them. These are the type of guys who, if you got them on side, are vociferous types who could really help. However, if you don't address them, they'll only ask why and maybe ask questions about the motives of leaving out some of the oldest and longest Rovers fans. Please could I ask that when the postering and speaking to people happens, places like the Fox are included?

This is about BLACKBURN as a town, as a people. We sing as one why can't we be as one?

]Because we are being raped and pillaged. People in the town are letting it happen. Some people have already been on a nice holiday. Why do you think we are divided? If its by design who is the designer? Or are you saying we are just horrible people?

Archived