BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumours that staff have not been paid

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Them Richard Matthewman rumours are absolute nonsense.

Mattewmans/Walkers will never be involved with Rovers again, sorry to crush peoples dreams.

Sadly I think you are right. As, it appears (if it is true) that the Walkers still own Ewood Park & Brockhall due to the lease. Why have they not stepped in before now. They must see the situation at the club. They know promises at the takeover have not been kept - does not matter if these were legally binding or not - as questions could have still been asked.

My view is that the Walker trust does not get away scot free with the situation at the club. After all they sold the club to venkys in the first place.

Pity, but sadly I cannot see the Walkers getting involved in the club again.

Have to agree - if the Walkers are continuing to hold on to the actual value in the club, yet allow the club itself to rot, then that's pretty despicable. Even more despicable than selling to Venkys in the first place. The need to become our White Knights or should be forever held in contempt.

The ONLY losers in this whole sorry episode have been the fans. Everyone else has either got out, or got rich - or both.

Yet they are the ONLY ones being demonised.

But wouldn't the League Managers' Association take up his case and force some sort of payment to him?

Not if by some stroke of luck a relegation clause was put into his last contract, Kean is so far up his own arse he probably asked for it to be inserted. :glare:

Not if by some stroke of luck a relegation clause was put into his last contract, Kean is so far up his own arse he probably asked for it to be inserted. :glare:

:lol: Brilliant. I assume that choice of wording was deliberate...

Knowing you Splitscreen, I can assume that clause is indeed 'inserted' in his contract!!

I would not hold my breath about walkers taking action. They could have done this ages ago. But they are not interested.

A wild idea.

The Walkers had lost popularity at Rovers. The lack of investment quickly over shadowed the initial spending under the trust. So since they are tied in water-tight to making Rovers a premiership force they all sat down and hatched a plan. Firstly they weren't rich enough so mission one was become multi-billionaires. However Rovers were Struggling and keeping them a float was going to take away from the available funds for mission one. So Rovers was sold, as tight a covenant as possible was placed on the sale in hope they would spend the funds allowing for the Walkers limited millions to multiple. They also felt their popularity would improve again if they returned later with the billions backing them. Obviously Venky's turning out to be India's equivalent of the 'Numskulls' hasn't helped matters. So the Trust have instructed Mathewman to buy the club using his fincial connections to garner funds. He'll be charged with holding the club in 'trust' until Flybe is the Multi-Billion pound empire that will fund Rovers back to chasing titles.

A wild idea.

The Walkers had lost popularity at Rovers. The lack of investment quickly over shadowed the initial spending under the trust. So since they are tied in water-tight to making Rovers a premiership force they all sat down and hatched a plan. Firstly they weren't rich enough so mission one was become multi-billionaires. However Rovers were Struggling and keeping them a float was going to take away from the available funds for mission one. So Rovers was sold, as tight a covenant as possible was placed on the sale in hope they would spend the funds allowing for the Walkers limited millions to multiple. They also felt their popularity would improve again if they returned later with the billions backing them. Obviously Venky's turning out to be India's equivalent of the 'Numskulls' hasn't helped matters. So the Trust have instructed Mathewman to buy the club using his fincial connections to garner funds. He'll be charged with holding the club in 'trust' until Flybe is the Multi-Billion pound empire that will fund Rovers back to chasing titles.

And we all lived happily ever after.......

No doubt it will be down to "timing issues".

I would not be happy if I worked for Rovers right now.

Still as long as Kean keeps getting his well earned wage, all's well. :angry:

I'm not sure when the playing staff are due to be paid but it will be interesting to see if there are any 'issues'. They looked pretty disinterested at Swansea yesterday so maybe they have been told their wages are going to be delayed. That's just speculation on my part, of course.

I've followed a lower league rugby league team for a long while now ( No names no pack drill as they say ). Whenever my rugby team decides not to turn up and they play like 13 guys who've never even met before there's usually payment issue at the bottom of it. Just a thought.

Bull(s) lol see what i did there.

Seems as though the rumours about some staff not being paid could have some substance. Some administration staff are claiming they should have been paid on Friday but were not.

Would that include the Hunts also. Or just other staff. If the board are not getting paid, they would be more likely to support a forced buyout - if a buyer could be found. Though we did not have a queue of decent buyers last time.

Do Rovers have any weekly paid staff?

That should be easy to find out before these rumours spin out of control.

Maybe one or two stewards might be on weekly employment. Especially if they have brought in extra. Maybe worth somebody local popping into blues bar and asking about this 'rumour'.

Would that include the Hunts also. Or just other staff. If the board are not getting paid, they would be more likely to support a forced buyout - if a buyer could be found. Though we did not have a queue of decent buyers last time.

The Board? Do they ever meet? Anyone still on there who hasn't been hand-picked by Venkys, apart from Coar?

We've never heard a word from the Board since Venkys took over and I don't expect to.

Can't see messrs Hunt, Hunt, Silk etc doing this for their love of the club-course they will be on the payroll.And shouldn't forget the previous board were taking out almost £1million a year if the Club accounts were to be believed(previous post by Daniel Grabko i think covered this point).

The Board? Do they ever meet? Anyone still on there who hasn't been hand-picked by Venkys, apart from Coar?

We've never heard a word from the Board since Venkys took over and I don't expect to.

Coar was kept for a reason, always good to have a FA Man in your corner , FA boys club tie vs lifelong rovers supporter. Been very quiet hasn't he, so everything that has gone on must be above board.

Archived