BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumours that staff have not been paid

Can't see messrs Hunt, Hunt, Silk etc doing this for their love of the club-course they will be on the payroll.And shouldn't forget the previous board were taking out almost £1million a year if the Club accounts were to be believed(previous post by Daniel Grabko i think covered this point).

That is incorrect.

The 2011 accounts showed an appreciable leap in board payments compared with the pay for Williams, Finn and Goodman if I remember correctly and the pay for the three former directors combined came to nothing like £1m.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is incorrect.

The 2011 accounts showed an appreciable leap in board payments compared with the pay for Williams, Finn and Goodman if I remember correctly and the pay for the three former directors combined came to nothing like £1m.

i stand to be corrected sir -maybe worth a check but all a tad pointless anyway relative to our current shambolic circumstances

That is incorrect.

You're right Philip that the payments were much higher in 2011 than 2010, but a large amount of this was £671,431 compensation for loss of office.

Difficult to compare like for like. The compensation of £671K was only for Directors. That in itself is damning on the Venky's- the Directors did NOT leave under their own steam without a substantial shove.

Highest paid director fee went from £358K to £291K but that was swapping the best Chairman in the Premier League for an anonymous shadow.

Apparently many weekly paid staff have not been paid. What this means for paying the players on April 26 beggars all thinking about.

Some have been paid. Not black and white yet

Some most certainly should have been and have NOT.

It is black for the staff who have not- we know of at least two departments that are well overdue.

PS You are not being paid this month. That OK for you? Of course it won't be black and white....

They are changing the bank account over to an account in India apparently. It's not black and white in the sense that it's not a complete refusal to pay wages. It appears it's an admin error. I'm not saying I don't think there will be problems in the future. I'm just saying I don't think it's happened yet

They are changing the bank account over to an account in India apparently. It's not black and white in the sense that it's not a complete refusal to pay wages. It appears it's an admin error. I'm not saying I don't think there will be problems in the future. I'm just saying I don't think it's happened yet

Thank you Mrs D

Does this mean Barclays will be out of the picture concerning Rovers future finances and is this a good thing or a bad thing.

• Backroom

The only department that shouldn't get paid this month is the playing one. Scott Dann, N'Zonzi et al have all been nothing short of an embarrassment.

As always it's the real workers that get hit the hardest.

Absolutely pal. The players deserve nothing for their latest "efforts".

Difficult to compare like for like. The compensation of £671K was only for Directors. That in itself is damning on the Venky's- the Directors did NOT leave under their own steam without a substantial shove.

Highest paid director fee went from £358K to £291K but that was swapping the best Chairman in the Premier League for an anonymous shadow.

Apparently many weekly paid staff have not been paid. What this means for paying the players on April 26 beggars all thinking about.

Hush money for the directors, or normal pay off for directors leaving a company in your opinion / experience Philip?

It's a bit odd. I don't know why they would be paying staff from India.

I can't see anything untoward or unusual here. Obviously if all the clubs money is in India, rumours of staff not being paid. Nope. Nothing to worry about. Again. Just as it looks all hope has gone in terms of staying up as well. Nope. I'll sleep well tonight. It's all good.

Some most certainly should have been and have NOT.

It is black for the staff who have not- we know of at least two departments that are well overdue.

PS You are not being paid this month. That OK for you? Of course it won't be black and white....

According to Nick Harris on twitter, he looked into this last week and found nothing. Somebody else who works at the club has said he was paid. Also some told there maybe a delay due to changing bank account for paying staff.

This is a hard one to find out the truth. Mixed stories / rumours.

Certainly guilty money

Sad in a way that they took the money. Shame they did not go public about what happened. Unless they thought taking the money and keeping quiet was beneficial for the club, as it could well have been very damaging (given the leaked email at the time of Andersons sky showing).

I poo-pooed this story initially.

There are certainly weekly staff in two departments who have not been paid.

There are issues about banking an English company outside the UK and indeed outside the EU despite the UK's liberal approach on these things.

Personally, the last thing I would be doing is exposing VH in India to UK creditors by taking Rovers' banking over there even if they think they might have put a firewall between Rovers' curry account and the rest of the smelly empire.

Personally, the last thing I would be doing is exposing VH in India to UK creditors by taking Rovers' banking over there even if they think they might have put a firewall between Rovers' curry account and the rest of the smelly empire.

They've probably just been badly advised philip.

There is a bigger story here.

If BRFC is now using an Indian based bank there must have been a parting of ways with Barclays.

This doesn't mean that the Barclays debt is gone.

It could be that they have a regular bank in India who they do the Venkys Group banking with. This Indian bank may trust the Venkys more than Barclays, so could be able to offer an overdraft.

Whether this is a good thing for the club or not isn't clear, there are 2 scenarios:

1) They have opened up a new loan/overdraft facility with this Indian bank, possibly putting the club into more debt and risk. Possibly using some of the Group's credit accounts/business as a guarantee to enable the Indian bank to lend to Rovers.

2) They are able to free up funds better in India, rather than across boarders, and could be injecting some money into the club.

If Rovers are using an Indian bank to make their GBP payments they will still pay UK staff using correspondent accounts of a UK based bank (unless the Indian bank has branches over here). So the payments shouldn't be delayed as they are not actually coming from India.

The worry is that in taking the banking to India there will be much less of a trail of where BRFC funds go. This doesn't sound like an initiate implemented by our Finance Director Karen Silk. Just how much control of the banking/finances will now just be controlled from India?

Archived