BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v. Norwich City; 21/4/2012

m1st

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts exactly. The protestors will get 90 minutes of doing nothing but slating Kean/Venkys against Wigan and I'll happily join in with them if we don't beat Norwich. But to take that attitude into this game when we still have a small chance beggars belief. I can see myself getting very pee'd off on saturday, going blue in the face trying to encourage the team whilst the majority waste their time doing something they could easily just do the game after.

I get the feeling some of our fans don't even want us to win on saturday, which is frankly shameful.

the fans do want us to win but lets be realistic the ship has sailed we've supported the team NOT KEAN all season and where at where we are...before the Wigan game we'll be gone testing 1-2 , testing 1-2

My thoughts exactly. The protestors will get 90 minutes of doing nothing but slating Kean/Venkys against Wigan and I'll happily join in with them if we don't beat Norwich. But to take that attitude into this game when we still have a small chance beggars belief. I can see myself getting very pee'd off on saturday, going blue in the face trying to encourage the team whilst the majority waste their time doing something they could easily just do the game after.

Hello, Mr. Hypnotoad, I'm here to give you your weekly reality check.

P34

W7

D7

L20

You what that spells? R-E-L-E-G-A-T-I-O-N.

To me, you typify everything that's wrong with the mindset of our supporters. You're only willing to join the protesters when the club reaches the absolute pits (which is any day now). Fans should be registering their disgust at every match for the mudslinging and overall disregard by everyone connected at the club, win, lose or draw.

I get the feeling some of our fans don't even want us to win on saturday, which is frankly shameful.

Would it matter even if they did? That's my point.

I can't see us winning another game this season, so I hope everyone gets stuck into Kean and Venkys.

The media are slagging us off, Kean and Agnew slags us off, lets live up to the reputation for once :angry:

P34

W7

D7

L20

To me, you typify everything that's wrong with the mindset of our supporters. You're only willing to join the protesters when the club reaches the absolute pits (which is any day now). Fans should be registering their disgust at every match for the mudslinging and overall disregard by everyone connected at the club, win, lose or draw.

Hello. Actually I attended every protest between October and December, ya know, back when they could have actually done something had they worked and it wasn't just the self-indulgent whinging going on now. At the time I was appalled by the lack of participation and that there were only ever about 500-1000 of us staying behind while everyone else traipsed off home. The fans who didn't get on board then, of which there were a lot more, are far more culpable than the ones not getting on board now.

And I typify everything thats wrong with our fans do I? Not sure whether to be amused or angered by that comment. I base my support on what's good for Rovers, not what's good for me. Hence I wasn't one of the melons criticising Allardyce because I didn't find his style of football attractive. I don't pander to my frustrations at the ground by abusing players I don't like. I don't sit there twiddling my thumbs for most of each game cause I'm too lazy to sing. I didn't avoid the protests before christmas cause I couldn't be bothered. I'm not joining in with them now because its the easy option rather than sticking behind an almost lost cause. And I won't jump ship on Rovers next season, letting the club go out of business for all I care, just cause I don't like the owners.

I won't bother saying what I consider to be wrong with your mindset. Don't want my post getting pulled.

I can't see us winning another game this season, so I hope everyone gets stuck into Kean and Venkys.

The media are slagging us off, Kean and Agnew slags us off, lets live up to the reputation for once :angry:

I also think we will struggle to win another game this season. What little confidence was left seems to have dissipated when Carroll scored that late winner.

I also imagine it will get a bit heated at the Norwich and Wigan games, win, lose or draw. Understandably so in my view, as our fans have been very supportive and understanding ever since VenKean took charge. A more vocal, consistent, demanding and continually agressive crowd may have been enough to force changes at Ewood this season, but we will never know.

As SKH states above, protesting during the Norwich game doesn't help the players overly and whilst we still have a mathematical chance of survival could be deemed counter productive.

Equally, supporting our team has not helped, recent displays have been disgraceful and the owners and Kean need to be told in no uncertain terms by the vast majority of our supporters in unison, exactly how we feel about their disastrous reign and pathetic management.

EDIT...

The players also need to know that they are party to our problems as well. They have all earnt good coin at the club this year and apart from one or two of them, the skill, expertise, effort and application displayed has been nothing short of embarrassing at times. 20+ defeats in one season is laughable, whoever is in charge.

yes, a lost cause, so why not continue your protest when now is the time for everyone to stand up and be counted, i dont sing anymore because frankly im fed up with the same ###### being dished out at ewood every home game, i feel nothing but apathy and disgust towards the players, kean and the owners, sod the game, its irrelevant, even if we win we would still need at least 3 more points after that anyway and even that may not be enough, saturday im going for the sole reason that i will give kean and venkys as much abuse as possible, which they deserve!!!

• Backroom

The players also need to know that they are party to our problems as well. They have all earnt good coin at the club this year and apart from one or two of them, the skill, expertise, effort and application displayed has been nothing short of embarrassing at times. 20+ defeats in one season is laughable, whoever is in charge.

Agree with this, the players have got off very lightly this season thanks to all the blame being put on Kean.

Fact is in certain games they have performed and shown they can do the business. A lot of the defensive mistakes, lack of tracking back, etc is just poor concentration, poor effort and poor skill. It's not like any of the players have backed the fans - to a man they've backed Steve Kean, so if they're saying Kean is not the problem then it only follows that they are.

I take it you weren't at Swansea on Saturday? If you were there you would know that the only shameful thing was the approach of the manager and the complete lack of effort from the players - Dunny and Robbo apart.

I take it you weren't at Swansea on Saturday? If you were there you would know that the only shameful thing was the approach of the manager and the complete lack of effort from the players - Dunny and Robbo apart.

Exactly and for this reason alone no-one can complain or argue against further unrest and protests. At least we care.

Hello. Actually I attended every protest between October and December, ya know, back when they could have actually done something had they worked and it wasn't just the self-indulgent whinging going on now. At the time I was appalled by the lack of participation and that there were only ever about 500-1000 of us staying behind while everyone else traipsed off home. The fans who didn't get on board then, of which there were a lot more, are far more culpable than the ones not getting on board now.

And I typify everything thats wrong with our fans do I? Not sure whether to be amused or angered by that comment. I base my support on what's good for Rovers, not what's good for me. Hence I wasn't one of the melons criticising Allardyce because I didn't find his style of football attractive. I don't pander to my frustrations at the ground by abusing players I don't like. I don't sit there twiddling my thumbs for most of each game cause I'm too lazy to sing. I didn't avoid the protests before christmas cause I couldn't be bothered. I'm not joining in with them now because its the easy option rather than sticking behind an almost lost cause. And I won't jump ship on Rovers next season, letting the club go out of business for all I care, just cause I don't like the owners.

I won't bother saying what I consider to be wrong with your mindset. Don't want my post getting pulled.

Apologies if I've hit a nerve, Hypnotoad, but I despair at this misguided belief that the fans should put aside EVERYTHING that's happened in the past 18months and support the club blindly. Fans have been following the team week in, week out, home and away, and time and time again they have been let down. If that wasn't bad enough, off-field antics have seen their reputation dragged through the mud with malicious stories about Steve Kean needing a bodyguard and fans being patted down like common criminals. You can only push people so far and football supporters are only human. It isn't so much about trying to illicit change. The fans know that ship has very much sailed since Venky's have no respect for their paying public or the best interests of the club. It's about standing up and showing you aren't going to have your loyalty abused without reprisal. Something that appears entirely lost on you.

EVERYONE SHOULD BOYCOTT THE STADIUM BEFORE KICKOFF AND MAKE A STATEMENT. it would echo all over the football world and make everyone notice how we want rovers back. give it a few minutes and then everyone enter the ground chanting theres only one jack walker or the like. not getting on the players backs. wed need a few thousand to do it and make it look the part. we could ask the riversiders to patiently wait outside and most would. shock factor. who would be in on it? we are already 90% down so nothing to lose! whos in? same for the ppl going on the march beforehand. stay outside for kickoff and enter afterwards.

P34

W7

D7

L20

Exactly, you say protesting does nothing? what does a win against norwich achieve? I dont want another season like this ever again and imo thats the absolute best 8000 st holders will get next year. Weekly bs followed by another clueless performance. Ill be joining any protests saturday an if anyone has a go at me for it theyll get it right back

Briliant preview M1st.

That was just about the only thing left about Rovers that has any class.

Based on what I hear about the Swansea debacle, the fights between Rovers players, Kean's humiliation by the players and the preparation of certain beyond the fringe players for the first team on Saturday,

Rovers 1 Norwich 4

... if we are lucky.

The atmosphere will turn interesting.

The protestors will get 90 minutes of doing nothing but slating Kean/Venkys against Wigan and I'll happily join in with them if we don't beat Norwich.

Sorry toad but that is completely hypocritical. You've decided that failing to beat Norwich will mean you change your mind? Why? We will still have 9 points to play for.

For you it's Norwich - much too late as far as I'm concerned - for some it was Bolton, for others it was last season? Why is your chosen "tipping point" more right than anyone else's? And what will be the point of only complaining and making your voice heard on the last home game of the season - especially when there (inexplicably) still be a chance of staying up?

Linganzi at centre half anyone? Be good to see him, at 6ft 2 would add a bit of height. or is he more of a midfielder?

Currently being used by the club to teach kids French....

Somehow don't see a Phoenix from the flames for him.

• Backroom

Currently being used by the club to teach kids French....

Somehow don't see a Phoenix from the flames for him.

From what I seen he could have done the job Petrovic did for us at least :P

Archived