BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bring on Relegation!

A better way of putting it that time Cruncher. More defiance than delusion!

I can see you are a passionate fan, its just not so easy to watch it all be thrown away with the speed and disdain it has.

However, for "You Blues" to "Come On", Venkean have to clear off.

Delusion. Defiance. Call it what you want. I laugh in the face of adversity and chuckle at the thought of relegation, thats the way I'm built. Kean and venkys will go one day. This is damage limitation. I see today as one day closer to when they do leave. I’m still looking forward to playing Bu*nley though, and seeing how our youngsters will fare next season. Lets have some faith.

Not looking forward to relegation by any means, but I do believe it could be the only scenario which might bring about the drastic change we need. Sick of saying it, but if we stay up this year we'll only be reliving the nightmare all over again until they finally sink us. Better we get it over with now. Venky's will have a reality check when they're in charge of a Championship club and it's my sincerest hope they sell up to one the local consortiums. That's one of the few options we have in order to "take back our club" and stop the rot that has poisoned Rovers from top to bottom in the last 18months.

That's the only positive spin I can put on current affairs, and even then I'm just livin' on a prayer.

How many relegations will it take before Kean and Venky's go?

Afraid to say I can see Rovers and Fleetwood passing like ships in the night - 2 years time league 1.

There is no positive side to it, probably only administration and I guess loss of whats left of the academy. If you want comparisons think Leeds, Shef Wed or Notts Forrest.

Anyone who is thinking positive about the situation is deluded or a dingle or both.

Time for Tony Parkes again.

In an attempt to counter all the (understandably) negative threads/comments etc, I want to start a positive thread about the GOOD things next season might bring if we are relegated. So I'll start:

1. Get rid of players who don't want to play for us

2. Breed in exciting new youngsters, eg: Henley

3. WIN more games

4. Score more goals

5. Beat the dingles twice!

I just cant believe this,I really cant. :blink:

1.Get rid of most of the side then and any remaining good players.

2.A Raw,inexperienced side..VERY DANGEROUS.

3.Really? see no2.

4.Really? see no2.

5.No chance,see no2 and with Teflon in charge?

In an attempt to counter all the (understandably) negative threads/comments etc, I want to start a positive thread about the GOOD things next season might bring if we are relegated. So I'll start:

3. WIN more games

4. Score more goals

Dont think you understand the severity of the situation, 2,3,4,5, simply wont happen.

3. WIN more games

4. Score more goals

You will be posting this again this time except replacing dingles with cod.

We can only hope that relegation brings with it the demise of Kean and Venkys, simple as that really. If those 2 things happen I'd be more than happy to go down, and would be 'chomping at the bit' to buy a season ticket.

We loved the championship last time around, more games and different places to visit.

Time will tell.

We can only hope that relegation brings with it the demise of Kean and Venkys, simple as that really. If those 2 things happen I'd be more than happy to go down, and would be 'chomping at the bit' to buy a season ticket.

We loved the championship last time around, more games and different places to visit.

Time will tell.

Great fun when you've got a top side, manager and are marching through the league. We had some cracking aways.

Not so much fun for Pompey fans at the minute I'd imagine.

Relegation won't change anything. Only Venky's leaving will change anything. And there's really no way of knowing what these people are thinking.

As I've said before, the fact that Balaji has his son on the board does not augur well. For as long as Venky's can keep this company trading on the receipts of player sales then they'll keep us. It's when we're trading as an insolvent business that they'll either get out or fold. My money's on fold because by the time we get to that stage, we'll be a real basket case.

The only hope is if some white knight comes to the rescue and can in some way make a sale appealing to these people which allows them to leave with their dignity intact. Not much hope of that I think.

I'm no business nostradamus but I would expect another 3 or 4 years of Venky's, and then no more Blackburn Rovers after that. Or at the very least, a very different club, drained of money and resources, with no real prospect of getting into the top division again. Ever.

The fans will be the only real losers. Them and the people whose livelihoods depend upon a successful, well-run club.

Heart-breaking.

I’m still going to Ewood next season to support our boys, and the season after and after that too. If we don’t have hope we have nothing at all. I’ve had many proud moments supporting the blue and white army. One I’ll never forget is when Arsenal scored the third goal in the FA semi final in 2005, the Rovers fans started singing louder than the Arsenal fans. We were just proud of our boys and the achievement of getting to the semi. It was a hell of day out in Cardiff too. We need to resurrect the Rovers spirit, we’ve had it good for too long. Come on! Bring on next season.

The problem is that "our boys" don't really give a toss anymore. The effort yesterday was none. The committment to the "blue & white" shirt was none. Until Venkys and Kean are gone there is no Rovers spirit. The players simply aren't good enough and that's the bottom line. Venky's and Kean are going nowhere and next season will be the same as this, only the dross on the pitch will be worse and we will be fighting to avoid dropping into League One. Personally, having travelled all season watching this rubbish I finally realised yesterday that there is no hope while Desai owns the club.

Relegation won't change anything. Only Venky's leaving will change anything. And there's really no way of knowing what these people are thinking.

As I've said before, the fact that Balaji has his son on the board does not augur well.

Is his son on the board now?

As I've said before, the fact that Balaji has his son on the board does not augur well. For as long as Venky's can keep this company trading on the receipts of player sales then they'll keep us. It's when we're trading as an insolvent business that they'll either get out or fold. My money's on fold because by the time we get to that stage, we'll be a real basket case.

The only hope is if some white knight comes to the rescue and can in some way make a sale appealing to these people which allows them to leave with their dignity intact. Not much hope of that I think.

I'm no business nostradamus but I would expect another 3 or 4 years of Venky's, and then no more Blackburn Rovers after that. Or at the very least, a very different club, drained of money and resources, with no real prospect of getting into the top division again. Ever.

The fans will be the only real losers. Them and the people whose livelihoods depend upon a successful, well-run club.

Heart-breaking.

got to agree Bryan they wont sell up until the club is no longer solver and nothing left to sell...the future doesnt look good !

Delusion. Defiance. Call it what you want. I laugh in the face of adversity and chuckle at the thought of relegation, thats the way I'm built. Kean and venkys will go one day. This is damage limitation. I see today as one day closer to when they do leave. I’m still looking forward to playing Bu*nley though, and seeing how our youngsters will fare next season. Lets have some faith.

Chuckle with relegation? Bet you ###### your sides at the thought of administration.. Dingle alert.

Actually i was talking to a Burnley fan today who said "It's the hope that Kills you." I've accepted relegation not with any anticipation of it being fun, but as something that is inevitable. I now find i can listen to matches without getting those horrible butterflies in my stomach when the commentator says and now over to Wherever Rovers are playing and wondering if it just might somehow be us who's scored. I now expect every goal to be against us and find that makes life much easier.

Is his son on the board now?

My apologies, he might not be on the board (possibly due to age) but the intention is to pass it on to him.

Rovers are in a very serious position now, we're a Premiership club in name only. We're a League 1 or possibly 2 club waiting to happen.

I don't know what could possibly happen to intervene and head things off, but I can't see any miracles happening.

Stuart wrote:The only positive thing will be if Venkys clear off and take Kean with them. Otherwise the pollution that surrounds BRFC will continue to infect it.

You can add calamity Dann,Myles The next Chris Smalling Anderson, Bruno The next Denis Irwin Ribeiro,David The next Rooney Goodwillie, Petrovic, Rochina, Formica to that list :D barring the Yak who has been superb and Vucevic who in the limited time he has had on the pitch he has done well the rest of his signings have been garbage just like him. By the way perthblue that picture you posted earlier made me laugh at first I thought it was Venkatesh in the rickshaw.

As already said on here last time we went down we had to change managers before getting back up and that was with owners who knew how to run a club, I think once we go down it will be a struggle I fear players being offered all over the place to get the money in the bank.

On the first day of the season in August 2012 whoever we will be playing I can't begin to think what 11 players will line up for us.

Archived