BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

realistic targets if we go down

pick32

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who has the heart to focus on next season in the "Championship"?

Well; let's hope Kean does, for one. [i write that on the assumption that our absentee landlords mean what they say about not accepting any bids for the club. And, if they're still here, Coco will still be here. More's the pity. :angry: ]

In the preview for this Saturday's game, I asked the Norwich City fans, "Do you think that Lambert’s taken them as far as he can or is there more to come from him and his management team?" One of their fans replied as follows:

Not at all. He is playing with half an eye on next season already. Survival is all but assured, development of the next step has already begun. He will want to hit next season running which means not preparing for it in the Summer but now.

But then, Lambert comes across as a Manager, not an over-promoted coach.

I read Ricardo Fuller's got a free transfer from Stoke , never been his biggest fan , but for free he could certainly do a job , McFadzean (sp) Crawley CB had some good reviews ,i thought we were close to signing Darren Ambrose in January but it never happened :glare:

• Moderation Lead

Nicky Shorey is out of contract this year, potential olsson replacement?

I was just going to say Ricky Fuller, he'd be an amazing signing but dodgy knees apparently and i dont think Kean cpould manage him properly.

There's a shock ;) (re Fuller)

Shorey would be decent- think we'll end up looking at some journeymen forwards, then realise we have no cash and get a loanie in on deadline day.

For the rest of the team, I genuinely believe we'll over-promote the youth team.

Make of that what you will....

Shorey i'd be happy with , there's also a story in today's sun that Danny Higginbottom is leaving Stoke on a free as well , i think he'd be ok for us in Championship as well

Bring Paul Gallagher back, quality in the Championship.

At the time of selling Roberts and Keith, I did wonder whether we could just have loaned them out rather than giving them away for free - both would be good in the Championship.

Bring Paul Gallagher back, quality in the Championship.

At the time of selling Roberts and Keith, I did wonder whether we could just have loaned them out rather than giving them away for free - both would be good in the Championship.

Both Roberts' and Andrews's contracts were up at the end of the season, so it matters little.

David Bentley on a free, lst seen injured and struggling at west ham and a cheeky move to mk dons which didn't mterialise.

I think if we got rid of hoillett, id love to see bents back, would be dynamite in the chump league although im guessing wages could be a huge issue, time for Balaji to start delivering.

David Bentley on a free, lst seen injured and struggling at west ham and a cheeky move to mk dons which didn't mterialise.

I think if we got rid of hoillett, id love to see bents back, would be dynamite in the chump league although im guessing wages could be a huge issue, time for Balaji to start delivering.

cant see that bit , but yeh on loan maybe .. its gonna sound like groundhog day but we'll NEED a midfield battler more then ever , i can honestly see Dunn and Pedersen staying and they will get mullered by some teams in that division

Danny Collins at stokes a freebie too! Centre back and lb

David Jones at Wigan clutured left foot and a decent passer, could do oky in the chumps. On a free.

Steven Reid - Payp deal possbily? On a free.

Simeon Jackson - On a free at norwich, championship experience and a goalscorer with PACE!

Lukasz Fabianski - Probs dont need another goalie but on a free.

Jaime Gavilan - on a free from Getafe infact we could get him now, awesome left winger!

Yaya Sanogo - New Drogba, 20 this year on a free so some compo to pay out but hed be amazing fitting in with the resale value etc

Tulio de Melo - Was a great striker but getting into his late twenties now and not been on fire in his second spell at lille on a free though. Maybe chamionship material.

Yanis Tafer - On a free from Lyon only 20 and is a dynamic poacher, he will get us goals in the champs.

Karim AIt Fanta - Amazing winger with both feet, plays for montpeillier on a free although im sure hel get snapped up by bigger and better teams.

There's a shock ;) (re Fuller)

Shorey would be decent- think we'll end up looking at some journeymen forwards, then realise we have no cash and get a loanie in on deadline day.

For the rest of the team, I genuinely believe we'll over-promote the youth team.

Make of that what you will....

Nah, we will buy some shockingly mediocre players, or people we never intend to play even if they are alright. How else are we supposed to siphon money through agents and into Venkys' pockets?

• 2 weeks later...

If we do gone down then we need experience championship players for sure!!! Which is looking likely now! NEED A MIRALCE!

we need a left back, centre back, A box to box midfielder, ball winning midfielder and leader, 2 strikers, couple of wingers.

Out of our current squad this is who I think we will keep

Keepers- Bunn, Jake Kean

Defenders- Orr, Hanley, Dann, R.Edwards, Henley, R.Hanley, A.O'Connor

Midfielders- Lowe, Dunn, Vukcevic, Marcus Olsson, Morris, Cotton.

Strikers- Slew, Goodwillie.

Players we should be looking at for sure

Danny Collins. Can play either CB or LB.

Nicky Shorey. Proper Left Back. we need one.

Luke Chambers. CB with alot of experience at Championship level.

Nicky Bailey. box to box midfielder we need! available on a free in summer! should be deffo target for us!

Cameron Stewart. Proper winger with pace. similar to Hoilett.

Darren Ambrose. WInger with alot of Championship experience.

Adam Clayton. A ball winning midfielder who is at Leeds. been playing well. reminds me of David Batty.

Chris Wood. Striker. On loan at Bristol City from WBA who don't see want to play him.

Simone Jacckson. Striker with PACE! At Norwich but out of contract in summer.

Emanuel Ledesmsa - On a free from Walsall, great attacking midfielder, only 23 would easily step up to championship. never seen him play tho. DunnFC has suggest him.

Nick Powell from Crewe. Midfielder and looks like he will be really good player. Snap him up. surely we were link with him a year ago.

Grant Leadbitter. good box to box midfielder. leader on pitch aswell. I suggest we should have sign him when Hughes was rovers manager.

Hopefully we will have a new manager who has Championship experience and can get us up within 2 seasons!!! Kean has to be sack. wreck the club with his stupid and pathetic tactics and team selections!

If we go down we will need to rebuild the squad for a straight promotion. I believe Venky's will make the following signings when Balaji sends his bling to Cash For Gold.

Julio César - A handy keeper. Said to be a secret Rovers fan.

Pepe - Brazilian centre-back. Wants a move to Darwen to be closer to his mum.

David Alaba - Really exciting left-back. Like Martin Olsson Mk II.

Alou Diarra - All-action midfielder. Will jump at the chance of swapping Lique 1 for The Championship.

Karim Benzema - Plays for Real. Good striker. Will be gutted at missing out on CL final.

Neymar - Venky's want to break into the Brazilian market. Here's their chance!

And Guus Hiddink as manager with Tugay as his trusty assistant, press officer and club ambassador.

COYB!!!! :brfcsmilie:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived