BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Outrageous Management or Just Plain Dumb?

Guest Rovers4Good

Guest Rovers4Good

I'm sorry for opening a new thread but i'm absolutely astonished with what i'm witnessing down at the training ground. :(

Does Steve Kean want to stay in the Premier League or is he simply the baffoon we thought he was.

There are 10 Players training out there today and 3 of them are reserves. He has Formica, Rochina, Goodwillie, Givet, Modeste, Petrovic, Henley and 3 reserves. There are also 6 members of staff looking after them. :(

The man really baffles me and you would have thought that judging by our league position that he would be doing all he can to make sure the team is at least bonding and are all on the same level.

If any other manager was in his position then you'd like to think he was doing his best to keep the squad together wouldn't you?

I'm sorry for opening a new thread but i'm absolutely astonished with what i'm witnessing down at the training ground. :(

Does Steve Kean want to stay in the Premier League or is he simply the baffoon we thought he was.

There are 10 Players training out there today and 3 of them are reserves. He has Formica, Rochina, Goodwillie, Givet, Modeste, Petrovic, Henley and 3 reserves. There are also 6 members of staff looking after them. :(

The man really baffles me and you would have thought that judging by our league position that he would be doing all he can to make sure the team is at least bonding and are all on the same level.

If any other manager was in his position then you'd like to think he was doing his best to keep the squad together wouldn't you?

With the names above it looks like everybody who started on Saturday has been given the day off. I know for a fact that Sam Allardyce used to give players time off at this time of the season but as a reward for a good result or performance.

It beggars belief, it really does.

No it's ok that we go down as long as he has players who get on with him. It is after all his and his agent's little experiment right ? Just think of all the young players they will be able to blood and sell on in the championship. A bit like a chicken factory really, pile em high and sell em cheap!

Normally the players who featured in a Saturday game do not resume training before Tuesday.

And then get Wednesday off !

Great work if you can get it.

Agree with the above - it's feckin critical we give it all in the last four games and this is a joke!

Oh goody another lets bash the manager thread.

FFS is it any wonder this place is losing posters like Rovers are losing support?

Get a grip

FFS is it any wonder this place is losing posters like Rovers are losing support?

Get a grip

Generally agree with your views but in this instance. I think you are wrong.

We've four games left, the odds are heavily stacked against us - the manager, coaching staff and players should be straining every sinew and examining every aspect of our game in order to try and get us out of this mess.

I repeat, IMO, it's a feckin disgrace.

Generally agree with your views but in this instance. I think you are wrong.

We've four games left, the odds are heavily stacked against us - the manager, coaching staff and players should be straining every sinew and examining every aspect of our game in order to try and get us out of this mess.

I repeat, IMO, it's a feckin disgrace.

We don't always agree ;) - but in this case I think you are right. Even if only light training - the players should have been brought in to discuss the problems at the club as soon as possible.

Any half decent manager (or anyone with a spine) would have cancelled their day off after Saturday's no-show and put them through their paces today.

Unfortunately, neither apply for Kean.

Any half decent manager (or anyone with a spine) would have cancelled their day off after Saturday's no-show and put them through their paces today.

Unfortunately, neither apply for Kean.

I remember Uwe Rösler (now manager for Bradford) when he was coach at Lillestrøm SK in Norway. After a heavy loss on the 16th of May the players had to meet up at midnight the 17th (Norways national day) for practice.

No backbone. They are heavily paid and should have no problem with working over-time when they do a ###### job and look totally disinterested.

Guest Rovers4Good

Get a grip

Paul it's far from a bash Steve Kean thread. :)

All i'm stating is that we played very poorly on Saturday and that if you are in the midst of a relagation dogfight then would you give some lads the day off and not others?

Also, i've just heard on the grapevine that some lads who live in Manchester/Cheshire get there own training near where they live

after a game :(

Do you really think that we play as a team on the pitch? NO and i put that down to the fact that not the full squad train together on a daily basis. :(

If you had a shocker at work then would you expect to be given 2 days off? AGAIN NO :(

Togetherness in a team is massive and Alex Ferguson summed it up recently when he took the team away to St Andrews to where they turned around a points deficit to Man City to now leading them by 5 points so please tell me you think Steve Keans right to let some of the squad to train at Brockhall and others elsewhere?

Paul it's far from a bash Steve Kean thread. :)

All i'm stating is that we played very poorly on Saturday and that if you are in the midst of a relagation dogfight then would you give some lads the day off and not others?

Also, i've just heard on the grapevine that some lads who live in Manchester/Cheshire get there own training near where they live

after a game :(

Do you really think that we play as a team on the pitch? NO and i put that down to the fact that not the full squad train together on a daily basis. :(

If you had a shocker at work then would you expect to be given 2 days off? AGAIN NO :(

Togetherness in a team is massive and Alex Ferguson summed it up recently when he took the team away to St Andrews to where they turned around a points deficit to Man City to now leading them by 5 points so please tell me you think Steve Keans right to let some of the squad to train at Brockhall and others elsewhere?

If true then a joke !

Know players have lived further afield for some while and that's their choice - certain they didn't get that leeway to train whereever with either Sparky or Sam.

Personally, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask them to live within a 25 miles radius of Brockhall.

You think they are starting on Saturday ?

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Anderson was shamelessly brought on if we went a goal down, thereby supplying old Stevie (watch his halo gleam) with a fantastic excuse for defeat which would be lapped up by the press: 'The fans were so mean to the poor wee innocent boy!'

Archived