BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What are the true costs of the protests?

Will

We were having a discussion on Saturday, whilst watching the Swansea match, as to how many points the protests have actually cost us?

Personally, i think without them we would have been well clear of the relegation zone, by about 8 points.

Just wondered what people's thoughts on this are, anyone feeling guilty?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't be serious?

Go on then explain your 8 points.

Why can i not be serious? I think the atmosphere inside the ground has cause us plenty of problems this year.

There has been no atmosphere, players getting booed, just an all round ugly feeling.

No need to explain my 8 points, there are more likely to have been more lost.

We were having a discussion on Saturday, whilst watching the Swansea match, as to how many points the protests have actually cost us?

Personally, i think without them we would have been well clear of the relegation zone, by about 8 points.

Just wondered what people's thoughts on this are, anyone feeling guilty?

I tend to agree with most of what you post Will but I can’t on this occasion. I can only recall a couple of times, whilst I’ve been in the ground, when the fans have really been loud when it comes to protesting and that’s not had an impact I’m certain of that.

If you’re looking for points lost, look no further than an inept manager and poor players, the small pocket of protesters are not guilty in my opinion.

Why can i not be serious? I think the atmosphere inside the ground has cause us plenty of problems this year.

There has been no atmosphere, players getting booed, just an all round ugly feeling.

No need to explain my 8 points, there are more likely to have been more lost.

More than 8 points? ok, with no protests, where do you Keano would have us in the league now?

The protests have not cost us any points but the sheer stupidity of the people running the club have probably cost us more than 10 points. The team that started this season could be in upper mid-table table if it were properly managed and crass decisions not taken in the transfer market. If the protests had been stronger and led to the removal of the owners and the manager it is also possible we could also have more points than at present.

As always Gav a nice reasoned reply. It was just a discussion we were having, we just 'wondered' what impact it had on the games, players, performance etc.

Of course we all know about our wonderful manager and the fact he is blameless in all of this :o

I'll be interested to see what the reaction is going to be on Saturday. Since the Sunderland game the players have lacked any kind of fight to get the results needed.

As always Gav a nice reasoned reply. It was just a discussion we were having, we just 'wondered' what impact it had on the games, players, performance etc.

Of course we all know about our wonderful manager and the fact he is blameless in all of this :o

I'll be interested to see what the reaction is going to be on Saturday. Since the Sunderland game the players have lacked any kind of fight to get the results needed.

How's this for a reply ? Garbage.

The protests have not cost us any points but the sheer stupidity of the people running the club have probably cost us more than 10 points. The team that started this season could be in upper mid-table table if it were properly managed and crass decisions not taken in the transfer market. If the protests had been stronger and led to the removal of the owners and the manager it is also possible we could also have more points than at present.

I actually dont think there is anything that anyone can do about the owners or the manager. I think that has been proven by the protests. Never have i known a manager to stay in his job with the results we have had.

Was our relegation battle last season because of the protests too?

Don’t think any protest during the match have been considerable enough to affect the actual result of any match – plus apart from the Bolton game, which wasn’t an organised protest anyway, I don’t recall there being any outburst etc for a prolonged period.

In terms of our current league position, if you are looking for people to blame, look no further than our absent owners and lying manager.

yes the players have lacked fight not the fans, so what try and turn this onto the fans? have we not always given them our full support in the games, i have been to every protest but i have never protested during the game.

No, we havent given them our full support, i think for a good majority of the season the support has been shocking.

I'm not having a go at the fans, i am one myself. Just wondering what it has cost.

Well responded.

Sorry i forgot this is the BRFCS Protesters web site.

Another WUM strikes. As soon as you knock one down another thinks it's funny to wind the fans up. Clear off and troll somewhere else.

What protests inside the ground? The only single event I can recall that was an obvious protest was the flyover. Fans venting anger at their manager happens at most clubs doing poorly all over the country. What happened against Bolton was fans who had not been near a protest getting sick of Kean and letting him know.

The atmosphere is bad because we keep getting beat - not because of protests outside the ground and after the games. Had Ince been in charge and continued with his win-games ratio eventually it would have been exactly the same.

Fans were right behind the team (a far better team by them way) for the second half of last season and the start of this season. No protests but results where just as poor.

Another WUM strikes. As soon as you knock one down another thinks it's funny to wind the fans up. Clear off and troll somewhere else.

Al, i'm not trying to wind anyone up. I'm wound up enough with what is happening to our club.

I'm just seeing what peoples thoughts are that is all.

So you telling me that the Protesters are completely blameless? A bit blinkered if you ask me.

Al, i'm not trying to wind anyone up. I'm wound up enough with what is happening to our club.

I'm just seeing what peoples thoughts are that is all.

So you telling me that the Protesters are completely blameless? A bit blinkered if you ask me.

Nothing further to say to you. You follow a line of WUMs far better at it than you. You can't hold a candle to Pafell and Braddock. Now jog on and troll elsewhere.

Archived