BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What are the true costs of the protests?

Will

We were having a discussion on Saturday, whilst watching the Swansea match, as to how many points the protests have actually cost us?

Personally, i think without them we would have been well clear of the relegation zone, by about 8 points.

Just wondered what people's thoughts on this are, anyone feeling guilty?

8 points!!!.... :blink: How do you work that out? City game? Bolton game? Chelsea game? How many points do you think we should have got from them?

Perhaps you should have asked each other if failing to continue with the protests and ultimately getting Kean removed will cost us our PL place and about 30 million in lost revenue?

We have lost 20 games this season. Suggest you look a the management and players first and foremost, then turn your attention to the fans if your research does not provide conclusive proof of who exactly is to blame.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually dont think there is anything that anyone can do about the owners or the manager. I think that has been proven by the protests. Never have i known a manager to stay in his job with the results we have had.

Doesn't mean the fans have to sit there and take it though, does it? Personally I think the propaganda machine has had more of an influence on the atmosphere at Ewood than the protests. Lies from the Club, Kean and Venky's targeted to make fans turn on each other, no right thinking fan can possibly agree with whats going on trouble is different fans groups have different ideas of how to try get through this and the PR machine has been able to exploit this.

Nothing further to say to you. You follow a line of WUMs far better at it than you. You can't hold a candle to Pafell and Braddock. Now jog on and troll elsewhere.

Whats a WUM?

I think I saw a stat somewhere that showed our results have been similar regardless if there was a protest or not.

There is no doubt that the atmosphere at ewood has been bad this season. But its down to the fans reacting to what has beeen happening on the pitch and not the other way round. Thats what I think anyway.

But will is not the first person to say this so who knows.

Doesn't mean the fans have to sit there and take it though, does it? Personally I think the propaganda machine has had more of an influence on the atmosphere at Ewood than the protests. Lies from the Club, Kean and Venky's targeted to make fans turn on each other, no right thinking fan can possibly agree with whats going on trouble is different fans groups have different ideas of how to try get through this and the PR machine has been able to exploit this.

Seggie, i dont agree with anything that is going on at all. I just asked a question and as usual get bombarded with people who dont like anyone going against the protest machine, not that i am against it.

sorry will, im being a silly boy? look at the title of this thread you have concocted then tell me who is being silly

yet again, a nice valid response. Dont be telling me to jog on, i've been coming on here far too long.

Seggie, i dont agree with anything that is going on at all. I just asked a question and as usual get bombarded with people who dont like anyone going against the protest machine, not that i am against it.

yet again, a nice valid response. Dont be telling me to jog on, i've been coming on here far too long.

Well back your sweeping statement up, where would we have got 8 extra points from?

Also, what about last year when there were ZERO protests and we still averaged less than a point a game.

Will have you left your pc unlocked near hunt m Agnew ?

Carry on happy clapping and let the V's rape pillage and plunder.

8 points lol .. Which games equate to 8 points?

Abbey, i'm far from a Rovers Fan. My kind of protest isnt the one that takes it to the street.

I've been saying for months now the only protest that gets action is one that involves a pitch invasion.

You've been going to the Rovers far to long to be disagreeing with me.

Going back to Harford, Hodgeson, Kidd, Ince this all started with bad results and I can remember a few in the bbe singing we want @@@@@ out and this generally worked with the old board. Its just that these new people dont listen

Someone recently posted the stats on here that suggested the team actually did better when the protests happened, rather than worse.

But either way, laying any of the blame at the fans' feet for this horrendous season is naive, lazy and short-sighted.

Kean and his blatent incompetence is the biggest culpret by a country mile.

No, we havent given them our full support, i think for a good majority of the season the support has been shocking.

I'm not having a go at the fans, i am one myself. Just wondering what it has cost.

Absolute nonsense. The players have got off lightly due to the protests being aimed at Kean / Venky's. We have enough media sources slagging off the fans without someone doing it on here. The fans have cost us zero points. It is blindingly obvious that our position is a result of poor ownership and management.

We were having a discussion on Saturday, whilst watching the Swansea match, as to how many points the protests have actually cost us?

Personally, i think without them we would have been well clear of the relegation zone, by about 8 points.

Just wondered what people's thoughts on this are, anyone feeling guilty?

You really think 'fan power' can overcome having the worst manager in the league and one of the worst squads? :blink:

Protests were started as we were unable to gain enough points to stay up.

Ergo, protests are the cause of our relegation.

Wait... what?

I think you've misunderstood me.

I wondered how many points it has cost. It is quite obvious that we have been poor all season long.

I only remember two quite big protests and I recall we won both those matches as for protests inside the ground...well the Bolton game really turned hostile and it did give them the match, they knew an early goal would set the fans off.

If they had sacked Kean after that game and brought in Hughes till the end of the season the fans would'nt be so frustrated and we would be half way up the league, only the owners to blame here.

I think you've misunderstood me.

I wondered how many points it has cost. It is quite obvious that we have been poor all season long.

The protests haven't cost us any points.

In fact, didn't we beat Arsenal and end a winless run after a protest? So that's minus 3 right away.

How are you getting 8pts, btw?

I do not believe this thread !!! Fans protests costing points ! Do me a favour , the fans have not kicked a ball and have not selected a team to the best of my knowledge ....

Kean and the players have cost the points this season why ? Because there are not good enough ....

Kean signed the players and picks the team !

Will,in the face of all the terrible decisions that have been made this season by the Devils own group of Venkys/Kean et al I find it mind numbing that a supporter of our club can literally blame his fellow supporters for costing this quite frankly God awful side points.

As Den has said...please 'REFOCUS' your blame on the real culprits in this utter shambles.

Archived