BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What are the true costs of the protests?

Will

We were having a discussion on Saturday, whilst watching the Swansea match, as to how many points the protests have actually cost us?

Personally, i think without them we would have been well clear of the relegation zone, by about 8 points.

Just wondered what people's thoughts on this are, anyone feeling guilty?

Your an idiot.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is just a cry for attention.

You're not alone riggers, but Will has been on here for 11yrs, have some respect, its got nothing to do with crying for attention FFS.

A pitch invasion - just imagine the sheer horror on Weaselboy's face if he saw a group of supporters coming anywhere near him.

:lol:

That would be fantastic to see, hope I'm front and centre should it happen, with Abbey at one side and Jim at the other :tu::lol:

A pitch invasion - just imagine the sheer horror on Weaselboy's face if he saw a group of supporters coming anywhere near him.

:lol:

And straight away he would be able to justify bodyguards - and blame the fans for relegation - and the media would lap it up.

I can understand Will for starting this debate - as I would agree the atmosphere at Ewood hasn't been great this season. But winning matches would have easily changed that. Which came first - the morale sapping defeats or the protests - we all know the answer - so I think we can only lay the blame with Kean and the Venkys for not replacing him when they had the chance prior to xmas.

so I think we can only lay the blame with Kean and the Venkys for not replacing him when they had the chance prior to xmas.

Yes agree with that DMTP, if those idiots in Pune had sacked him after the Bolton loss at home, and got a half decent manager in, we'd have survived without a doubt.

He's unsackable, we need someone to find out why...

You're not alone riggers, but Will has been on here for 11yrs, have some respect, its got nothing to do with crying for attention FFS.

That would be fantastic to see, hope I'm front and centre should it happen, with Abbey at one side and Jim at the other :tu::lol:

I didn't realise length of service to a message board meant that you can be free from criticism. This is definitely wills 'Adrian Durham' moment.

Sorry, just been playing football. Anyway, where were we, lol. There has been some brilliant replies, cheers for the participation.

I've been speaking to a few of the lads who I had the discussion with trying to remember which games we said!

I didn't realise length of service to a message board meant that you can be free from criticism. This is definitely wills 'Adrian Durham' moment.

Criticism is one thing, but calling him an attention seeker offers nowt to the debate does it and you're not alone.

The more pertinent question should be

"What is the true cost of not continuing the anti-kean protests"

All the Keanettes deserve all they are getting imo

I agree, but unfortunately the rest of us are being made to suffer as a result of their indifference - or worse, blind support of Kean.

Spurs at home, lost 1-2, protest before the game and in the ground after the match.

Chelsea at home, lost 0-1, plane flying overhead had a definite effect on the atmosphere and players.

Wigan away 3-3, protesting in the ground at any point Wigan took a lead.

West Brom at home, lost 1-2. Again fans protesting in the ground during the game when West Brom took the lead.

Bolton at home, lost 1-2, almost every fan went nuts as soon as the first goal went in.

So, yeh, it might look like I've just pulled out a few results that didnt go right for us but in everyone of those games significant fan disharmony had an affect on the results.

I think 8 points might have been too little. I mean, there were 14 points lost in those games.

Cue the responses!

Criticism is one thing, but calling him an attention seeker offers nowt to the debate does it and you're not alone.

I would quite happily debate an issue that has some validity. Other than shouts of kean out the atmosphere has been no different to the previous ten seasons with the possible exception that this year we have been bored. Believe me when I say I can keep some perspective and the notion that somehow a few cants here and there has an effect is nonsense.

Sorry, just been playing football. Anyway, where were we, lol. There has been some brilliant replies, cheers for the participation.

I've been speaking to a few of the lads who I had the discussion with trying to remember which games we said!

Do go on.

Which games are you referring to??

No, we havent given them our full support, i think for a good majority of the season the support has been shocking.

I'm not having a go at the fans, i am one myself. Just wondering what it has cost.

No you're not. You've told us-------8 points.

Its just another example of fans blaming other fans for Kean and Venky's actions.

Terrible thread from someone who just hates the protesters.

No you're not. You've told us-------8 points.

Its just another example of fans blaming other fans for Kean and Venky's actions.

Terrible thread from someone who just hates the protesters.

47er, I don't hate the protesters at all, I applaud the efforts by all those involved. I never felt that there would ever be enough of a movement for it to be a success.

The press have loved it, watched how the club they loath slowly self implode.

There is never going to be a way to make them sit up and take notice. The all fall about laughing at us. Little Blackburn Rovers going back to where the belong.

Well done for trying, but it was always doomed to fail.

Just my opinion.

47er, I don't hate the protesters at all, I applaud the efforts by all those involved. I never felt that there would ever be enough of a movement for it to be a success.

There is never going to be a way to make them sit up and take notice. The all fall about laughing at us. Little Blackburn Rovers going back to where the belong.

Just my opinion.

Sorry then. I'm just a lttle confused. I thought you said the protesters has cost us 8 points, which you then upped to 14!

You think the club has imploded because of protests?

I think the protests came about because the club was imploding. :wacko:

Just my opinion.

Well said. Rovers have always been hated. we've never got the recognition we deserved.

Sorry then. I'm just a lttle confused. I thought you said the protesters has cost us 8 points, which you then upped to 14!

You think the club has imploded because of protests?

I think the protests came about because the club was imploding. :wacko:

Stop twisting it. It's quite obvious where I am coming from.

• Backroom

Stop twisting it. It's quite obvious where I am coming from.

Hmm.

Personally, i think without them we would have been well clear of the relegation zone, by about 8 points.

I don't hate the protesters at all, I applaud the efforts by all those involved.

Much like 47er, I'm somewhat confused. Are you saying you applaud the protesters putting us into the relegation zone?

Spurs at home, lost 1-2, protest before the game and in the ground after the match.

Chelsea at home, lost 0-1, plane flying overhead had a definite effect on the atmosphere and players.

Wigan away 3-3, protesting in the ground at any point Wigan took a lead.

West Brom at home, lost 1-2. Again fans protesting in the ground during the game when West Brom took the lead.

Bolton at home, lost 1-2, almost every fan went nuts as soon as the first goal went in.

So, yeh, it might look like I've just pulled out a few results that didnt go right for us but in everyone of those games significant fan disharmony had an affect on the results.

I think 8 points might have been too little. I mean, there were 14 points lost in those games.

Cue the responses!

That's pretty rubbish Will. Naming some games we've lost and blame the fans who voiced their opinions [notice I didn't use the word "protesters" - because there weren't organised protests at all those games].

So go on then, follow that up, what evidence is there that this team would have won those games? The evidence that I can see, is our form in all the other games we've played this season.

Archived