BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Match

I'm heading over for the Wigan match with a few friends and I was wondering if someone could give some on where in the Blackburn area to stay. I've normally stayed in Manchester, but with the match being at night we thought it might be more convenient to stay somewhere closer to the ground.

I also wanted some tips on where to sit as I've only ever sat in the Jack Walker so any tips on best areas to sit would be appreciated as it will be the first premier league match for three of the guys coming.

I'm heading over for the Wigan match with a few friends and I was wondering if someone could give some on where in the Blackburn area to stay. I've normally stayed in Manchester, but with the match being at night we thought it might be more convenient to stay somewhere closer to the ground.

I also wanted some tips on where to sit as I've only ever sat in the Jack Walker so any tips on best areas to sit would be appreciated as it will be the first premier league match for three of the guys coming.

Have you use of a car ? If so, what is your budget ?

If 'Yes' and money not an issue, can recommend:

http://millstonehotel.co.uk/

Best view on ground is JW Upper and might be best for your friends if first PL game.

Eddie - there's a travelodge just off the motorway about 1 mile from ewood, it is always very cheap. It's no 5* hotel that you'll normally be used to ;) but its a convenient place to stay.

Apparently someone's setting up a PayPal account to pay for a plane and banner (original) for this one according to a text my burnley fan frie... colleague got today. The same person was also looking on Wigans website to see if there was any chance of him and three others getting tickets in the away end for it.

Apparently someone's setting up a PayPal account to pay for a plane and banner (original) for this one according to a text my burnley fan frie... colleague got today.

Except it's at night. Although there might be some light around kick off maybe.

Totally depends on your expectations, Eddie. Last time I went to Stanley House, they had a French restaurant with real French staff and food, which might appeal to you. I've been to weddings at The Higher Trapp and Astley Bank, which were fine and have a reasonable amount of character. If you head over towards Clitheroe and the Ribble Valley rather than Manchester the scenery is stunning and there are some restaurants that make my mouth water just thinking about them. Then the lower your budget goes, the more homogenised things become. The Foxfields - not my fave, The Travelodge and Star Lodge (Fernhurst) are perfectly acceptable if you're OK about staying in low budget hotel chains. But if you're really desperate, there's room for a tent in our back garden - nice views of Ewood!

Edit: totally forgot - a friend told me nice things about The Brown Leaves. That might be a nice compromise between pretention and cheap n cheerful.

Totally depends on your expectations, Eddie. Last time I went to Stanley House, they had a French restaurant with real French staff and food, which might appeal to you. I've been to weddings at The Higher Trapp and Astley Bank, which were fine and have a reasonable amount of character. If you head over towards Clitheroe and the Ribble Valley rather than Manchester the scenery is stunning and there are some restaurants that make my mouth water just thinking about them. Then the lower your budget goes, the more homogenised things become. The Foxfields - not my fave, The Travelodge and Star Lodge (Fernhurst) are perfectly acceptable if you're OK about staying in low budget hotel chains. But if you're really desperate, there's room for a tent in our back garden - nice views of Ewood!

Edit: totally forgot - a friend told me nice things about The Brown Leaves. That might be a nice compromise between pretention and cheap n cheerful.

Think that's the one where you help yourselves to drinks and leave the money at the bar !!!

Eddie whenever I have needed to stay overnight I have always stayed at the Oaklands Lodge hotel on preston new road you could get a bus to the hotel from town. The chap there does a good breakfast and the rooms are very comfortable. You can also see Ewood Park from the hotel window which is a good view. If you and your friends fancy it you could go for the ensuite rooms for a bit extra with your own shower in the room. I have never gone for the ensuite but I imagine it is better than the ordinary but still none the less a very nice comfortable hotel with a very welcoming host.

Thanks for the helps and the offers. There will be five of us and we will have a car, three of the others have never been to the area, so at night all we'd like is somewhere where we can easily get to and from a pub and fairly easily to and from the ground.

Budget wise we aren't looking to blow the bank, but certainly the prices suggested on some of the twin rooms seem perfect.

Also would be happy to meet up and grab a beer with many of you as there are plenty on here who I have been speaking to for years and so far I've only met about five of the members of the site.

Thanks for the helps and the offers. There will be five of us and we will have a car, three of the others have never been to the area, so at night all we'd like is somewhere where we can easily get to and from a pub and fairly easily to and from the ground.

Budget wise we aren't looking to blow the bank, but certainly the prices suggested on some of the twin rooms seem perfect.

Also would be happy to meet up and grab a beer with many of you as there are plenty on here who I have been speaking to for years and so far I've only met about five of the members of the site.

Stay at the Calf's head in worston. decent hotel good honest food and ok atmosphere if you want to sit around over a drink. Nice gardens and stunning view of Pendle hill.

Eddie - there's a travelodge just off the motorway about 1 mile from ewood, it is always very cheap. It's no 5* hotel that you'll normally be used to ;) but its a convenient place to stay.

I use travelodge when I come up. Easy walk to the ground - or no 1 bus. Pubs, Golden cup, fenhurst. Travelodge you pay for the room and not per person.

A 'major' member of this Board needs to ask where to sit for a match -says it all really.

You mean it says that I don't live in Blackburn, tend to attend away matches more than home matches and when I have gone to Ewood Park that I've always sat in the same stand?

I use travelodge when I come up. Easy walk to the ground - or no 1 bus. Pubs, Golden cup, fenhurst. Travelodge you pay for the room and not per person.

There is also the one linked onto the brewsters and you can drink in there and also walk down to Uncle Jacks which is about 5 mins walk away (or so)

Archived