BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nzonzi off?

The Prof.

His petulance is down to the fact that he thinks he is a lot better than he actually is. He is just one of many run-of-the-mill players who grace the ever declining Premiership, and in my opinion he has largely been gash since his debut season. Tim Sherwood wasn't international class and was very one dimensional - but N'Zonzi is a far inferior player than him and not fit to lace his boots... I won't miss him when he has gone because he is one of many overpaid players without the guts and nads to get the club out of the mess we are in.

You're right there, especially about Sherwood, he was over-rated. Nzonzi has the potential to become a very good player but it'll never happen because he's got a serious attitude problem. He'll just join the long list of players whose heads have ruined them.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on here defending him three weeks ago - I feel on his day he is superb - but he has been shocking recently. Absolutely gutless. If he got he worked hard, closed the opposition down and moved around the pitch better he would stand a chance of carving out a very good career. As it stands his recent performances have really put the boot into him getting a decent move should we go down.

I doubt he will be much use in the Championship at Barnsley on a wet wednesday night.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderation Lead

Potentially superb player, but still a bit raw IMO. In a 3 man midfield with an attacking and a defensive midfielder alongside him, I think he'll do great things.

• Backroom

Will need a major attitude adjustment to become a top player because he is a petulant sod. Not convinced Wenger's the man to do that, but I think it's fairly certain we've seen the last of N'Zonzi in a Rovers shirt regardless.

I think Wenger would sort him out. I think I heard once that Thierry Henry had a bit of attitude problem when he first came to Arsenal. I agree in a 3 man midfield next to a defensive and creative player he would shine.

Song would more than make up for him not getting stuck in enough. Then maybe with Oxlade-Chamberlain who looked unreal in the middle against AC Milan, or Rosicky, Arteta or a new creative midfielder which they might buy, then he would probably go on to become a top player.

I don't think he is at the standard of Arsenal but he is a premier league player. He is has attitude problems (who wouldn't under Kean) but he should do well enough for another prem team.

To be honest we have to hope he is overrated, at least clubs might bid a bit more than what we hope to get. Arsenal will table a £1million bid and expect us to accept it.

Nzonzi has the potential to be a top class player. Proved that in his first season here and looked different class when he was paired with Jermaine Jones last year. If his petulance has got out of control, I put that down to the lack of discipline instilled by Kean and the weak-ass midfield that doesn't complement his strengths.

Good summing up .....

We wont see a penny of it though ..

Nzonzi has the potential to be a top class player. Proved that in his first season here and looked different class when he was paired with Jermaine Jones last year. If his petulance has got out of control, I put that down to the lack of discipline instilled by Kean and the weak-ass midfield that doesn't complement his strengths.

Correct Topman. He's young and I put it down to tantrums caused by the frustration of the situation. Players can see when a manager is way out of his depth. Not only that but he was close to Samba and Samba and Kean obviously had massive issues (as indeed had EHD/ Nelsen / Salgado etc). Some players can control their emotions better than others.

There will be many of his detractors left with egg on their faces if he moves to a club and a manager that suits his ability.

Nzonzi is never a Arsenal-standard player. He is overrated at Ewood.

If he gets him Wenger will deploy him simply as a getter and giver. Here he was expected to do all that and be a playmaker too.

Correct Topman. He's young and I put it down to tantrums caused by the frustration of the situation. Players can see when a manager is way out of his depth. Not only that but he was close to Samba and Samba and Kean obviously had massive issues (as indeed had EHD/ Nelsen / Salgado etc). Some players can control their emotions better than others.

There will be many of his detractors left with egg on their faces if he moves to a club and a manager that suits his ability.

If he gets him Wenger will deploy him simply as a getter and giver. Here he was expected to do all that and be a playmaker too.

I agree with that. When he knew what his role was in the team when J Jones was here he looked to have the makings.

Hardly. The fact of the matter is that none of our central midfielders were that good. Tactical ineptitude didn't help, but a top quality midfielder would have controlled the game better and a top quality battler like Savage would have not let games slip away in the way in which they did. We have two central midfielders (N'Zonzi and Petrovic) who could be very good if used in the right way and played alongside a more talented partner, but we shouldn't be overly concerned with losing either. If a big offer comes in for N'Zonzi we should sell and thank our lucky stars that someone is willing to overpay for physical attributes, but I'd quite like to hold onto Petrovic. We are unlikely to get much for him and, because of that, he is worth taking a gamble on.

If a big offer comes in for N'Zonzi we should sell and thank our lucky stars that someone is willing to overpay for physical attributes, but I'd quite like to hold onto Petrovic.

Strewth Eddie. One is capable of playing at the highest level, one isn't.

On the basis of their performances this season? N'Zonzi has shown what he is capable of in the past, but Petrovic hasn't had a decent run in the side to really get used to English football and establish himself as a first team player. Kean changed his team almost every week and it certainly hurt a players like Petrovic and Formica.

On the basis of their performances this season? N'Zonzi has shown what he is capable of in the past, but Petrovic hasn't had a decent run in the side to really get used to English football and establish himself as a first team player. Kean changed his team almost every week and it certainly hurt a players like Petrovic and Formica.

On the basis of knowing what a footballer looks like Eddie. Petrovic hasn't had a run in the side because every time he has played he's been embarassingly bad, while Formica offers very little apart from hard work.

Archived