BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nzonzi off?

The Prof.

On the basis of knowing what a footballer looks like Eddie. Petrovic hasn't had a run in the side because every time he has played he's been embarassingly bad, while Formica offers very little apart from hard work.

Agreed. Petrovic is the worst player I've seen at Rovers in a long time. Some players you can tell immediately that they're well out of their depth and Petrovic's performances were so bad, he didn't deserve any more chances.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't agreed with Petrovic, he's a very talented young player that has been a bit of destroyed by Kean. Before he joined he had a massaive status in Serbia and if used right and with right coach he will play for a better club in the future. Some games i've seen him coming on, notably against Norwich he looked class.

Every player needs a run in the team. Recently, Hanley for us being the best example but every player in every team is the same. Petrovic looked like an utter donkey at the start but Ooijer and Jermaine Jones looked pretty bad at first as did many other players from different teams before coming good. Petrovic was starting to impress me once he got a run in the team, particularly his distribution to Olsson on the wing, but generally as well.

As for Formica, after 3/4 games in a row, imo he would start to influence the game a lot more and he looked a very good player. His workrate was always the thing that impressed me the most but his passing range etc would always start to improve the more he played in his natural position. Unfortunately he would soon be out the team or moved to the right wing where he was largely ineffective.

The likes of Formica and Petrovic were rated in their own country for a reason and Kean is such an awful manager it is unreal.

As for Formica, after 3/4 games in a row, imo he would start to influence the game a lot more and he looked a very good player. His workrate was always the thing that impressed me the most but his passing range etc would always start to improve the more he played in his natural position. Unfortunately he would soon be out the team or moved to the right wing where he was largely ineffective.

The likes of Formica and Petrovic were rated in their own country for a reason and Kean is such an awful manager it is unreal.

Neat and tidy player. Unfortunately the bald numpty preferred him to Hoilett as the man in the hole behind Yak for all but a few games in Jan .... and thats one of the main reasons that we got relegated. :wstu::angry2:

On the basis of knowing what a footballer looks like Eddie. Petrovic hasn't had a run in the side because every time he has played he's been embarassingly bad, while Formica offers very little apart from hard work.

Disagree on both and I have no doubt that during their careers they will prove me right, hopefully at this club, but if not at their next.

I think both have potential, it's how good they can become and whether they fulfill it.

Petrovic was our only player last season to look up and try and cut through the opponent's defence, his own fans booing him won't have helped but I remember Martin Olsson in particular getting on the end of a few excellent balls in behind the full back.

Formica is a busy little bee with good technical ability, excellent work rate and the ability to nab a goal or two. That said he isn't particularly quick. I think he could become a good player in a good league without necessarily being top drawer.

Back on topic and I don't understand the hype over Nzonzi, I'd welcome a sale. He doesn't protect the defence(neither did Petrovic or any other of our midfielders), he may be more mobile than Petrovic but he's hardly a midfield general and his passing range is limited at best. Add to that his awful temperament and I would not be sorry to see him go.

I don't agreed with Petrovic, he's a very talented young player that has been a bit of destroyed by Kean. Before he joined he had a massaive status in Serbia and if used right and with right coach he will play for a better club in the future. Some games i've seen him coming on, notably against Norwich he looked class.

There are plenty of players who are highly rated elsewhere and come to the PL and fail big time.

Some of the best performances I've seen from Nzonzi is when he was paired with Grella (it happened!) and Jermaine Jones. It's little coincidence that with a defensive partner, Nzonzi looked far more assured and more willing to bring the ball forward. I don't think he's cut out to be THE holding midfielder. A lot of successful sides often deploy two holders in a five-man-midfield. Who's Nzonzi had to work with this season? Formica? Dunn? Petrovic? Not really in the same league as Jones.

John O'shea and Wes Brown looked good players at United and dross at Sunderland. If it takes a good player being alongside N'zonzi for him to play well then he's not as good as some think. Decent player nothing more and won't set the world on fire no matter where he go's.

They've actually looked pretty solid since O'Neil took over. You are, also, talking about two players the wrong side of 30 and reaching the twilight of their careers. Two steady players who looked better due to the OT factor but good pros nonetheless.

Some of the best performances I've seen from Nzonzi is when he was paired with Grella (it happened!) and Jermaine Jones. It's little coincidence that with a defensive partner, Nzonzi looked far more assured and more willing to bring the ball forward. I don't think he's cut out to be THE holding midfielder. A lot of successful sides often deploy two holders in a five-man-midfield. Who's Nzonzi had to work with this season? Formica? Dunn? Petrovic? Not really in the same league as Jones.

This is exactly what I have always thought of Nzonzi especially when he was partnered with JJ.

They've actually looked pretty solid since O'Neil took over. You are, also, talking about two players the wrong side of 30 and reaching the twilight of their careers. Two steady players who looked better due to the OT factor but good pros nonetheless.

N'zonzi's decent nothing more, dwells on the ball far too long and cannot make a quick choice.

Many a Sunderland fan would disagree over Brown and O'Shea.

Anything over 5M and I'd be tempted to sell, obviously under normal circumstances.

Towards the end of the season that central midfield of:

JJ - NZonzi - P.Jones

Was as good as i've seen from Rovers in the last 10 years.

Investment and good management could've kept them together for another season at least.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know why Nzonzi hasn't gone to Austria with the rest of the squad?

Because he wants to leave. Bar Olsson (who I think's been given some extra time off due to the Euro's) , anyone who hasn't gone, wants to go. Why would they waste their time going if they weren't bothered about staying?

Archived