BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nzonzi off?

The Prof.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be fair if rovers had put a £3-4m valuation on him we'd be up in arms!! ,,,,,, 1 thing i will give credit to the club for is when a top player wants to leave we ask for top money for him ( kalinic samba & phil jones ) , not saying he's worth that or that we will actually end up with that figure but you cant have players leaving on the cheap

Sensible by Rovers.....he is obviously the 1 that has been most upfront with the club about wanting to leave, so they have left him here.

£10m is simply a starting valuation, they know they wont get that....but you always get knocked down.....Anything around £5-6m and id snatch there hands off......HATE his sulky attitude.

The possible departure of Nzonzi combined with the arrival of Murphy and Gomes is a stark remainder that we are moving back to how things were in the pre-Jack Walker era. Good young players having to be sold or wanting away to further their careers in the top flight whilst those in the veteran stage of their career drop down a division and turn up at Ewood for one last pay day.

The possible departure of Nzonzi combined with the arrival of Murphy and Gomes is a stark remainder that we are moving back to how things were in the pre-Jack Walker era. Good young players having to be sold or wanting away to further their careers in the top flight whilst those in the veteran stage of their career drop down a division and turn up at Ewood for one last pay day.

Yep, spot on there!

And so the exodus we were told wouldn't happen continues apace.

Exodus because one player is left at home? I don't see clubs queuing up for the other 'superstars' do you?

Yep, spot on there!

Or maybe signing players that will actually give 100% in the lower league? After Nzonzi's performance at Swansea he can rot in the reserves and I would rather have a 40yr old out there. Big Sam spotted an ego, Kean has spotted an ego - coincidence ?

Exodus because one player is left at home? I don't see clubs queuing up for the other 'superstars' do you?

Or maybe signing players that will actually give 100% in the lower league? After Nzonzi's performance at Swansea he can rot in the reserves and I would rather have a 40yr old out there. Big Sam spotted an ego, Kean has spotted an ego - coincidence ?

Egos can and should be managed. It's what Kean is paid for but then again, he's also paid to get results and it doesn't seem to bother the owners that he can't manage that.

I was also at Swansea and couldn't believe the 'performance' I saw from one of our higher earners.

IF we can get another box to box midfielder through the door I'd let him go, especially if we can get a decent fee for him.

Egos can and should be managed. It's what Kean is paid for but then again, he's also paid to get results and it doesn't seem to bother the owners that he can't manage that.

I don't understand people wanting our best players out of the club either Parson. Keep your best players and replace the worst is the only possible way to build a squad. Seemingly the same fans over and over again are always happy to get rid of anyone who isn't the flavour of the month. Truth is, it's because of selling good players and replacing with inferior ones, that we find ourselves in the Championship. That's the bottom line to all this.

Destroying the club's structure, bringing in poor managers etc only serves to hit the bottom line - which is the quality of the playing squad. That's why we're where we are.

Guest Rovers4Good

Think he had an small operation after the end of the season.

So did a few of the others that have gone?

I would be ecstatic if we could keep N'Zonzi who has a huge future in front of him. But after the way he was treated by Calamity Kean, I won't be expecting it to be with us.

Kean has a history of surrounding himself with stooges anyway, both on and off the field. So on the basis of N'Zonzi's obvious contempt for the clown that alone would mean he'll be off-loaded.

But 10M?-------I don't think so!

I would be ecstatic if we could keep N'Zonzi who has a huge future in front of him. But after the way he was treated by Calamity Kean, I won't be expecting it to be with us.

Kean has a history of surrounding himself with stooges anyway, both on and off the field. So on the basis of N'Zonzi's obvious contempt for the clown that alone would mean he'll be off-loaded.

I would hav agreed you till Swansea. He is now a liability and we need to get shut. Keeping him does no favours.

Anotherlone, like Hoilett, whose attitude is damaging his career.

After the swansea game he made himself almost unpickable What ever was going on with the so called manager should have been put to one side while he concentrated on keeping us up. He let the badge down he has to go.

I completely understand the reasons for putting a higher value on a player than he is actually worth to begin negotiations but by setting the value so ridiculously high just drags any transfer out for months rather than weeks/days which only serves to upset the morale of the entire team and club(IE. the samba deal) leading to more unrest(and more players just wanting out),

With the Venkys though its far more likely that they do genuinely believe he is a 10million pound player.

I completely understand the reasons for putting a higher value on a player than he is actually worth to begin negotiations but by setting the value so ridiculously high just drags any transfer out for months rather than weeks/days which only serves to upset the morale of the entire team and club(IE. the samba deal) leading to more unrest(and more players just wanting out),

With the Venkys though its far more likely that they do genuinely believe he is a 10million pound player.

Surely they own the player so they get to state the price they want for him. And don't you think if they had sold Samba cheaper than they did people would have complained that they had let him go to cheap.

I would hav agreed you till Swansea. He is now a liability and we need to get shut. Keeping him does no favours.

Anotherlone, like Hoilett, whose attitude is damaging his career.

and still the point is missed.

The Swansea game was possibly the most disgraceful performance ever - by the lot of 'em. It was so obvious at that point that 90% of the players had lost faith in Kean and weren't playing for him, just as Paul Hunt had said to the owners. Maybe we should have sold the lot of 'em.

So yeah, let's continue to sell the likes of Nzonzi and Hoilett, because we don't like them eh? That's the way to go. That Samba and Diouf were nasty pieces of work as well. We've done really well as a club since we got rid. Who cares that the manager is a complete t*** and has no idea about how to manage today's ego burdened footballers.

Surely they own the player so they get to state the price they want for him. And don't you think if they had sold Samba cheaper than they did people would have complained that they had let him go to cheap.

by all accounts Samba, p Jones, kalinic where all sold for far less than the club let on in the end(and roughly halve of what the owners originally said they wanted for them),

and still the point is missed.

The Swansea game was possibly the most disgraceful performance ever - by the lot of 'em. It was so obvious at that point that 90% of the players had lost faith in Kean and weren't playing for him, just as Paul Hunt had said to the owners. Maybe we should have sold the lot of 'em.

So yeah, let's continue to sell the likes of Nzonzi and Hoilett, because we don't like them eh? That's the way to go. That Samba and Diouf were nasty pieces of work as well. We've done really well as a club since we got rid. Who cares that the manager is a complete t*** and has no idea about how to manage today's ego burdened footballers.

Come on Den. Of course I would keep Hoilett as even uncomitted he is a supremely dangerous player, and - while increasingly lazy - does not seem like a disruptive person. However he is not our player to buy or sell is he? He is out of contract.

Nzonzi on the other hand appears to have totally given up the ghost, had a average first half of the season last year, a terrible end to it, and has explicitly asked to leave. I cannot see any value in keeping him against his will. More of the issue is trying to find someone who is going to buy a player with his appalling attitude and undeveloped talent.

Kean needs to be sacked I agree. It is the top priority. But we also need players who want to play for Rovers in the Championship. Having a bunch of prima donna wasters around who view themselves as victims is hardly going to improve our situation is it?

by all accounts Samba, p Jones, kalinic where all sold for far less than the club let on in the end(and roughly halve of what the owners originally said they wanted for them),

Really?? I dont seem to remember Rovers quoting £40m for Jones, or £25m for Samba......

Archived