BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nzonzi off?

The Prof.

by all accounts Samba, p Jones, kalinic where all sold for far less than the club let on in the end(and roughly halve of what the owners originally said they wanted for them),

Jones fee and clause well known and met so not true hardly.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really?? I dont seem to remember Rovers quoting £40m for Jones, or £25m for Samba......

funny, those are the kinds of figures the venkys wanted for those players, but jones had a release clause nowhere near that value so their hands where tied and samba from what i remember was said by a few ITKs to have gone for closer to 6-7mill initially with potential add-ons taking it up to between 10-12mill.

This may be wrong but im just going of things ive read mainly on here and none of the cash went towards buying players even close to the quality of those 2 so its all a bit irrelavent at the end of the day!

Man management and the handling of players is a skill, egos or not, each player needs handling differently, in my experience, some players need a kick up the backside, others need and arm round their shoulder, some need to be told how good they are (even if they are not as good as they think they are) to give them confidence, you need to maximise the performance of each player!!

To row with players, leave them to rot and not speak to them for days is not the way, indeed, it is no different to all our jobs, we need to feel appreciated, if we are not, we get disillusioned and consequently dont want to work (Play) for your bosses, this can reverberate round a workplace and football club to a degree where many get on a downer and don't want to be part of the set up anymore!!

Kean is bereft of those skills, this is why we are in the state we are in, in fact, I am wondering just what skills Kean has, apart from telling lies, on that score his skill factor would be 10/10

cant blame n'zonzi for wanting to leave or his attitude on the pitch, he clearly wasnt/isnt happy with kean, i wouldn't be either if i was working for him, yet another decent player forced out by coco, kean wants to surround himself by 'yes men' players, players who will suck up to him and give him as little trouble as possible, hence why i beleive he is signing players he has worked with before. I am with n'zonzi all the way on this, as i was with samba, an unhappy player is more likely to play poorly on the pitch than someone who is playing with a smile on his face, kean has ruined the togetherness that sam brought to the team, there is noway the majority of these players can be happy with what kean has done, im sure robbo will be out next as he seems to be the most anti-kean of the lot.

funny, those are the kinds of figures the venkys wanted for those players

This may be wrong but im just going of things ive read mainly on here

Correct it is wrong... the Jones deal was confirmed by many as the most expensive for a teenager, aswell as it being well known that clauses were added in too - such as winning the league etc.

Samba went for £12m....not £7m.

Correct it is wrong... the Jones deal was confirmed by many as the most expensive for a teenager, aswell as it being well known that clauses were added in too - such as winning the league etc.

Samba went for £12m....not £7m.

Jeez i can now see why you get so much stick on here, you are so arrogant and your own opinions are only based on what you have read around here yet you state them pretty much as fact.

WAD.

Guest Rovers4Good

Be sad to see him go he is the best player at the club after givet, shame he couldn't realise his full potential here but when he does he will be playing at one of the top clubs in europe.

Come on let's face it how many players are living up to their potential under Kean?

Looks like Nzonzi is going - if he does maybe he will make some comments about his time at Ewood especially under Venky/Kean. No doubt he'll have to sign a bullet proof NDA before he's let go but coming from this arrogant and petulant Frenchman who looks like he thinks the world's against him it would be a good read IMO

Jeez i can now see why you get so much stick on here, you are so arrogant and your own opinions are only based on what you have read around here yet you state them pretty much as fact.

WAD.

Oh and what fountain of wisdom are your opinions based on? You're stating them as fact too.

WAD.

My opinions are based on based on what I read on here?? Doubt it, if so I'd be a manic depressive with a rope round my neck, posting on here how there's no point talking about anything until we get new owners.

What's WAD? Some sort of text language at school?

What's WAD? Some sort of text language at school?

1. A small mass of soft material, often folded or rolled, used for padding, stuffing, or packing.

2. A compressed ball, roll, or lump, as of tobacco or chewing gum.

a. A plug, as of cloth or paper, used to retain a powder charge in a muzzleloading gun or cannon.

b. A disk, as of felt or paper, used to keep the powder and shot in place in a shotgun cartridge.

4. Informal A large amount: a wad of troubles.

5. Informal

a. A sizable roll of paper money.

b. A considerable amount of money.

????

Archived