BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Season's Book of Kean's most ridiculous Statements

TBTF

How about this pearl of wisdom recently in the link below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2130768/Steve-Kean-hopes-protest-stays-outside-Ewood-Park.html

'But it has been a massive transition period for the club. There are new owners, I am a new manager at the club, we have a lot of new young players in the team, so there have been big changes at the club.

'We feel that when we come through it, like we did last season, we will be better for it.'

even though mores the pity him the owners have been here 18 months hardly new eh Steve? I actually suggested to that financier in Sweden if the fans somehow take over the club and we finally manage to get rid of these clowns and his puppet a good seller at the club shop would be a tin with a long list of Coco's/Venkys excuses/lies that would make a very good seller a book would be ideal though they have told so many porkies you could fill several column inches worth.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

"I think the owners and the majority of the fans can see we are in a false position at this moment in time. We feel we should have six more points, possibly seven, and we should be sitting halfway up the league and in the quarter-finals of the League Cup.

"We just need to keep plugging away and the results will come because our performances are good."

Steve Kean Nov 2011. As of April 2012 Rovers find themselves 18th, 3 points adrift of safety.

"You look back on the games, were we good enough for a point against Chelsea? Yes. Should we have got three against Norwich? Yes. Should we have got a point against Tottenham? Yes.

“You add up all those points and we’re sitting halfway up the league."

Steve Kean consoles himself with the imaginary 'should have' league table.

"We speak to fans out and about and they are saying to us they’re fed up by the ones having a pop.

"I think among the other fans there is a genuine feeling that they’ve had their protests, marches or whatever. Let’s now get behind the team because we’re in a position where the signs are good.

“The genuine fans who go every week can see how we’re playing. They know although we’re not in a nice position we should be higher."

"I think the genuine fans who go every week, the ones who go week in week out home and away, can see how we’re playing and they know we’re not in a nice position at the moment."

Steve Kean explains who the real Blackburn Rovers fans are.

"Yes, there have been discussions about a new contract, but I have told the owners that this is an inappropriate time to conclude any new contract discussions. Instead, the real issue is for me and everyone else to concentrate on the games."

Steve Kean speaks to ESPN on November 22nd regarding rumours of a new contract

"I'm just delighted the owners have backed me and the players are totally behind what we are trying to do. I'm happy now to move on and piece together what we are trying to do.'

Steve Kean on November 25th, having signed a new contract.

"We speak to people in the village (Brockhall) and around the training ground, and it’s nothing but compliments, ‘Stick with it, it’s getting better, we can see massive signs, it’s the best we’ve played in years’."

Steve Kean visits 'the village' again with the aid of meow meow.

"We've got a real nice run of games now. I would like to think over the next three games, Sunderland, West Brom and Bolton, we will get ourselves out of the position we are in."

Steve Kean on three games his side proceeded to lose.

"We speak to people in the village (Brockhall) and around the training ground, and it’s nothing but compliments, ‘Stick with it, it’s getting better, we can see massive signs, it’s the best we’ve played in years’."

Steve Kean visits 'the village' again with the aid of meow meow.

:lol:

""If you look at this season and the way we're playing, we deserve more points.

"And that's coming from speaking to people like Harry. He told me he felt we deserved a point when we lost to Spurs.

"Andre Villas-Boas and John Terry also came in to see me after Chelsea beat us. They told us what a tough game we had given them and guys like Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard said the same thing.

"I don't think they say that week in, week out to other managers."

Steve Kean shamelessly namedrops like a League Two manager proudly discussing a valiant loss in a Carling Cup match.

This one was particularly embarrassing.

As was the one about the interest in Ronaldinho and Beckham being 'very real'.

“This period is massive,” he said. “You look to the first phase of 10 games and it has been tough.

"There have been a lot of tough games and I feel as though we should have another six points.

“Now we have got games against teams around us and if our levels are as high as they have been then I am convinced we will pick up points and by the time we get to half way we will be much in a much, much better position.”

He also said something about not judging the team until after this run of games. As I said in an earlier post he asked the fans not to judge the team until after the transfer window was shut as he was convinced that he had bought in quality players and that we would soon see an upturn in results. That was a great one, but I can't remember the exact words but that was the gist of it.

Obviously those results failed to materialise, so being the desperate little man that he is he then asked that the fans judged the team after a run of 6 games against teams around us like Wigan and Bolton. We got a mighty 4 points from these winnable games.

Any decent reporter would have remembered this and said to Kean, "Steve you asked the fans to judge the team after the last games because you believed that you could pick up a lot of points from them. You have only managed 4 from 18. So how do you think that the fans should judge you?"

If anyone could get the exact quotes for these that would be great

Obviously those results failed to materialise, so being the desperate little man that he is he then asked that the fans judged the team after a run of 6 games against teams around us like Wigan and Bolton. We got a mighty 4 points from these winnable games.

Any decent reporter would have remembered this and said to Kean, "Steve you asked the fans to judge the team after the last games because you believed that you could pick up a lot of points from them. You have only managed 4 from 18. So how do you think that the fans should judge you?"

If anyone could get the exact quotes for these that would be great

"This period is massive

You look to the first phase of 10 games and it has been tough; I feel as though we should have another six points.

Now we have got games against teams around us and if our levels are as high as they have been then I am convinced we will pick up points and by the time we get to halfway we will be much in a much, much better position."

This thread has popped up just at the right time for me because i was writing an article on the delusion surrounding the club over the last 18 months, i had already collated many however you have all tonight more then doubled the number of references lol. :brfcsmilie: :brfcsmilie: well done guys

"We gave it one almighty go, we're going to play worse than that and win."

"We had them rocking a bit and continued to keep the pressure on but if we keep playing like that we'll climb the table."

No Steve - we're not. If we play well and lose how are we going to play worse and win?! After our 1-2 loss at home to spurs on the 23rd October leaving us bottom of the table with 5 points from 9 games!

My favourite -

'The chap who protects me is a seventh dan in karate, but he is not big or butch or anything. He knows how to handle himself.

'It is a bit strange having him around, but there are some good things too. He is bloody interesting to talk to, for a start.'

But Kean refused to clarify any of his targets in the January transfer window, insisting he didn’t want to jeopardise the chance of bringing them to the club.

“We’ve got active bids that are out there and we hope that they will progress early on in the week,” he said.

“But I don’t want to speculate or name anybody or give ones we’re after. We’ve done that before and it has come back to bite us.

“We’d rather just keep it quiet and then announce a press conference and show their faces once the contracts are signed.”

Kean also played down reports that Chris Samba had missed the match with Fulham as he edged closer to a transfer to either QPR or Tottenham.

He’s got stomach cramps,” Kean added. “He trained really well all week and then texted in to the doctor on Friday morning.

“It’s disappointing because he then became unavailable for [the game against Fulham]. But I’d rather talk about the players that were out there throwing their bodies on the line and getting the points to drag us out of the bottom three.”

Steve Kean, January 14, 2012

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1463/44/kean-hoping-bring-new-faces-blackburn-soon

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

This is easily my favorite thread of all time.

It needs to be collated into a website - including all references in a harvard style, with links.

If nobody else has the time I will, but I have no idea how to build websites.

This has to be done

It's amazing how much BS he has come out with since taking over the club. I've had a chuckle reading and remembering some of these, especially when he blamed the lack of dew on the pitch for losing a game. At the same time I feel really embarrassed and ashamed; the guy has turned our club into a complete laughing stock.

“I was just unlucky McStay, Burns, MacLeod and Grant all played midfield at the same time.

“I say it to young players today, that sometimes you are good enough to play but there are others in front of you.

“You’ve just got to go and play for somebody else.

“I believe I was good enough to play for Celtic.

“I’ve been told that often enough by others.

“I was just unlucky McStay, Burns, MacLeod and Grant all played midfield at the same time.

“I say it to young players today, that sometimes you are good enough to play but there are others in front of you.

Not in the least bit big headed is he?

It's amazing how much BS he has come out with since taking over the club. I've had a chuckle reading and remembering some of these, especially when he blamed the lack of dew on the pitch for losing a game. At the same time I feel really embarrassed and ashamed; the guy has turned our club into a complete laughing stock.

The problem is that we are not a laughing stock and we should be. To us on this board and various fans orgs we are a total shambles from top to toe...but to the outside world not a lot seems wrong. Teams go down, teams go up...we score goals and thats all your regular other-teams fans see...

A lot of people seem to say really nice things to him all the time. :wacko:

Telegraph headlines:

17th June 2011

Blackburn Rovers keen to extend Hoilett deal

28th June 2011

Blackburn Rovers to start Hoilett talks

1st July 2011

Blackburn Rovers boss jets out to start Hoilett talks

21st July 2011

Blackburn Rovers offer Hoilett formal deal

23rd August

Blackburn Rovers hopeful over Hoilett deal

1st Sept

Blackburn Rovers boss says Hoilett deal is close

9th Sept

Blackburn Rovers Hoilett talks continue

10th Sept

Blackburn Rovers boss hopes Hoilett deal will be done 'in days'

19th Sept

Kean confident on long-term Blackburn Rovers deal for Hoilett

11th Oct

Blackburn Rovers remain confident Hoilett will sign new deal

16th Oct

Hoilett deal getting ever closer, says Blackburn Rovers boss

2nd Nov

Hoilett talks grind to a standstill

16th Dec

Blackburn Rovers offered new hope that Hoilett will sign deal

Joke!

Telegraph headlines:

17th June 2011

Blackburn Rovers keen to extend Hoilett deal

28th June 2011

Blackburn Rovers to start Hoilett talks

1st July 2011

Blackburn Rovers boss jets out to start Hoilett talks

21st July 2011

Blackburn Rovers offer Hoilett formal deal

23rd August

Blackburn Rovers hopeful over Hoilett deal

1st Sept

Blackburn Rovers boss says Hoilett deal is close

9th Sept

Blackburn Rovers Hoilett talks continue

10th Sept

Blackburn Rovers boss hopes Hoilett deal will be done 'in days'

19th Sept

Kean confident on long-term Blackburn Rovers deal for Hoilett

11th Oct

Blackburn Rovers remain confident Hoilett will sign new deal

16th Oct

Hoilett deal getting ever closer, says Blackburn Rovers boss

2nd Nov

Hoilett talks grind to a standstill

16th Dec

Blackburn Rovers offered new hope that Hoilett will sign deal

Joke!

All we need now is Noel Edmunds.

Guest Rovers4Good

I've got a few below:

"We have a squad that can easily push for a top 10 place"

"Judge me afer the transfer window"

"Relegated? Never! Not a chance!"

"Only 1% of the fans want me to go"

"Michel Salgado is injured"

"Salgado - no i'm not"

"Gael Givet's head wasn't right"

"Givet - Oh yes it was"

I was already on with just that (a formal list with citations) before the tread started. But you guys are making my life easier!

This is easily my favorite thread of all time.

It needs to be collated into a website - including all references in a harvard style, with links.

If nobody else has the time I will, but I have no idea how to build websites.

This has to be done

My favourite -

'The chap who protects me is a seventh dan in karate, but he is not big or butch or anything. He knows how to handle himself.

'It is a bit strange having him around, but there are some good things too. He is bloody interesting to talk to, for a start.'

A lot of Taxi Drivers have got the gift of the gab

One you can add to this list

# I did an open podcast for the fans in my office I answered all the questions as openly and honestly as I could.

Referring to the podcast with Kamy in his office at Brockhall even Kamy stated himself it was the most difficult int to do & didn't know how he held his nerve.

I actually have the video from SSN I nearly chocked on my tea when I heard this. I must say these are excellent examples of his lies we should catalogue all these quotes it would make very interesting reading.

Archived